Author Topic: Free Virus Removal  (Read 3143 times)

Offline cclanofirish

• Just Off Probation
Free Virus Removal
« on: April 13, 2010, 11:41:51 PM »
I have decided to be more proactive about the new company I am starting in the Austin area specifically geared towards removal of viruses/spy-ware/malware on an already infected computer and consultation services for individuals/small businesses. The fact is, it is very hard to break into this business with a new company, as trust in the credentials and credibility of the individual performing the removal/recovery is very difficult to ascertain. I believe my best course of action to get this company off the ground is to offer my services for free on a limited trial basis, with the understanding being that my work gets evaluated by those to whom I provide the service. I would like to know if you all believe this a solid path, or if I should try something else. Also, if you have any individuals in the area who need assistance, have them contact me. I will provide my cell to anybody who needs it in PM.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: Free Virus Removal
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 10:12:17 AM »
You'll be competing with Geek Squad, you should do just fine.    :-)
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline cclanofirish

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 10:39:34 AM »
You'll be competing with Geek Squad, you should do just fine.    :-)

Austin has a lot of small independent companies that provide the same services. I've tried advertising on Craigslist, but I think I need to establish a base first, then I can have some stuff to report to the BBB.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 08:30:54 PM »
Austin has a lot of small independent companies that provide the same services. I've tried advertising on Craigslist, but I think I need to establish a base first, then I can have some stuff to report to the BBB.

Craigslist didn't do jack for me.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline cclanofirish

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 10:37:33 PM »
Craigslist didn't do jack for me.

Yeah, I thought I would have a shot at getting some hits by advertising there. I figure posting here and calling neighbors and friends to get some future referrals will have to be my method for getting my business off the ground.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 11:10:23 PM »
Yeah, I thought I would have a shot at getting some hits by advertising there. I figure posting here and calling neighbors and friends to get some future referrals will have to be my method for getting my business off the ground.

In my sales experience, referrals is the market where one wants to be.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson