Author Topic: ESET NOD32 Antivirus  (Read 2446 times)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
ESET NOD32 Antivirus
« on: January 25, 2009, 11:26:21 PM »
For reference, I installed this trial version of their antivirus program while removing a virus from a friend's PC. Next thing I know, I started getting error messages in my email programs. I use Outlook, Outlook Express, Mail Washer, & Thunderbird. NONE of them would work. It wouldn't connect to the mail server on port 110. I have two other anti-virus programs running in addition. My emails worked fined before I installed NOD32. I went into NOD32 control panel and disabled the incoming email virus scan. My emails started working fine again. I wouldn't recommend this product as an antivirus program because of this.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: ESET NOD32 Antivirus
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 11:38:26 PM »
I've never heard of it.

I switched to Comodo Firewall.  It's okay, nothing great.  It's too chatty.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.