Author Topic: TRUMP WILL DESTROY THIS COUNTRY!!!!  (Read 1168 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
TRUMP WILL DESTROY THIS COUNTRY!!!!
« on: March 01, 2017, 01:24:48 PM »
Star Member brooklynite (36,951 posts) http://upload.democraticunderground.com/10141716672

Dow breaks above 21,000 as stocks hit all-time highs after Trump's speech

Source: CNBC

ooops.

Star Member kimbutgar (4,745 posts)
1. Before the crash in 1929 it reached new highs

After working several years in Wall Street this is such a bs rally. A lot of traders are chump supporters who are trading on emotion not facts or good quarterly earnings.

::)

DetlefK (9,424 posts)
7. "trading on emotion not facts"

And this is exactly the reason why even the most powerful computers in the world still cannot predict the stock-market.

you ****ing retards live by emotion.  :thatsright:

DetlefK (9,424 posts)
6. This is exactly the new economic bubble that Krugman et al. are warning about.

Krugman predicted that first the stocks will rise under Trump, because of hope and enthusiasm among investors that a future economic boom is imminent.
Then the investors will realize that Trump has no idea how to make that predicted economic boom actually come true.
Then they will retreat their money.
Then comes a small recession.

all they have is to hope the country fails.

NurseJackie (11,556 posts)
21. I wonder how corporations with ties to the DOD are doing.

Star Member ProfessorGAC (29,021 posts)
22. There's No Causation

This analysis is just silly. A 1% bump in opening trading is not uncommon (look at a day to day statistical charting of DJIA or S&P), and it's not terribly uncommon for it to rise and stay until close.

There wasn't a thing in that speech that would have directly caused the spike no matter what CNBC people have to say.

Let's go over this again... When bad things happen it's Trump's fault- even if the bad thing didn't really happen.
When good things happen it's because Barry set the conditions...

Star Member Vinca (32,054 posts)
25. Remember Obama getting credit for the market going up 14,000 points? Me neither.

JackRiddler (24,830 posts)
29. Why?

Giving Obama credit for what Wall Street did made for a pretty daily celebration around these parts.

Maybe one day people who rely on wages and salaries (or pensions, or nothing) as opposed to return on capital will realize that the price index of 30 big corporate stocks as chosen by a capitalist press organ may not be the best indicator of how well 90% of the people are actually doing.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: TRUMP WILL DESTROY THIS COUNTRY!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 02:29:15 PM »
DetlefK (9,424 posts)
6. This is exactly the new economic bubble that Krugman et al. are warning about.

Krugman predicted that first the stocks will rise under Trump, because of hope and enthusiasm among investors that a future economic boom is imminent.
Then the investors will realize that Trump has no idea how to make that predicted economic boom actually come true.

Ummmmm, no. That is not at all what Krugsie predicted back in November. Krugman may have made new predictions since - but only after reality hit.

Here's my prediction: in the next 3 months the stock market will go up; in the next 3 months the stock market will go down. Not necessarily on the same day, but that's possible too.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 02:38:06 PM »
Selective outrage.

Same speech. Same policies. Obama instead of Trump. The primitives would be singing its praises.

Really primitives, you've got to update your act.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 02:40:30 PM »
Paul "Enron" Krugman said that after 800+/- loss on the DOW futures that the market would never recover. Now it is 4000 points above the level when Paul "Enron" Krugman made his expert prediction.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 03:59:33 PM by jukin »
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 02:42:03 PM »
ProfessorGAC (29,021 posts)

22. There's No Causation

Yes, there is.

People realize the administration does not see them as an enemy to be pillaged so now it is safe to bring out one's hidden wealth and invest it.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 03:08:53 PM »
Krugman predicted that first the stocks will rise under Trump

Fvcking liar.   :bird:

Paul "Enron" Krugman said that after 800=/- loss on the DOW futures that the market would never recover. Now it is 4000 points above the level when Paul "Enron" Krugman made his expert prediction.

Exactly.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 03:50:11 PM »
NurseJackie (11,556 posts)
21. I wonder how corporations with ties to the DOD are doing.

They are up. We have a president that wants to build up the military from the historic lows that Obama cut it to.

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 04:01:58 PM »
Obama never went over 50% right/wrong track in eight years. Mostly Obama's score was in the high 20/low 30s on direction of the country.

Trump has it at 67% right track.

Like 99.9% of all DUmmy's prognostication, wrong, fail, epic fail,...
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 05:20:53 PM »

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 05:39:39 PM »
My newfound 1300 across multiple accounts today says otherwise, primitives

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 06:33:22 AM »
DetlefK (9,424 posts)

Based on this and Krugman's past predictions I wish I had more money to dump into the stock market.   :(
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 07:31:45 AM »
Ya know, my first impression, on seeing this thread title, was that it had to be about a post from TMN or Buggee. Is TMN still posting? Did Buggee fly away home?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 07:49:55 AM »
Ya know, my first impression, on seeing this thread title, was that it had to be about a post from TMN or Buggee. Is TMN still posting? Did Buggee fly away home?

comment 86; ol' Bob looks pretty perky and chipper.
https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=96179.75

He probably hasn't said anything lately because his wife, embarrassed by his jibber-jabber on Skins's island, took away the keys to the computer, much like one hides automobile keys from an old person who shouldn't be driving.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 08:13:31 AM »
comment 86; ol' Bob looks pretty perky and chipper.
https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=96179.75

He probably hasn't said anything lately because his wife, embarrassed by his jibber-jabber on Skins's island, took away the keys to the computer, much like one hides automobile keys from an old person who shouldn't be driving.

I saw the pix the other day. He's kinda-sorta smiling in them. I'm just being selfish, hoping we aren't losing some of our prime entertainment, :-) .