Interests > Health & Fitness

Reviews on health products.......

(1/2) > >>

Inga:
I like reading reviews on all kinds of things for health. Send yours to me.

The Bender ball: I thought about this until I seen the reviews.

The bender ball

bijou:
There is a large version of this, I don't know what it is like as exercise equipment but a colleague used one for an office chair and it was surprisingly comfortable as well as keeping one in a good posture.

Odin's Hand:

--- Quote from: bijou on January 04, 2009, 12:19:05 PM ---There is a large version of this, I don't know what it is like as exercise equipment but a colleague used one for an office chair and it was surprisingly comfortable as well as keeping one in a good posture.

--- End quote ---

They are called "Swiss balls", as they originated in Switzerland. They are good for performing exercises that strengthen "stabilizer muscles". I use them to supplement my core and chest muscle workouts.

Chris:

--- Quote from: Odin's Hand on January 04, 2009, 01:38:14 PM ---"Swiss balls"
--- End quote ---

I really wish I hadn't Googled "Swiss balls" now. :(

Chris:
I'm seeing this Iron Gym thing advertised on TV now.  It's a molded bar that fits over your doorframe and lets you do upper-body workouts.  The advertising looks fascinating, but it's probably another thing that will never be used by half the people who buy it.

I like going to Amazon.com and reading the lowest-rated reviews for a product. 

--- Quote ---Measure your doorframe first...totally useless for me.  My door frames are only 3.75" thick (including trim), so the IronGym sat at an angle, and didn't but VERY slightly sit on the edge of the trim on top. In fact, as soon as I put it up on the doorframe, it dropped to the floor and the screw heads put a dent in my foot and my laminate flooring.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---This product is just a glorified pull-up bar. All other exercises advertised just do not "happen", but I am sure it helps boost up their sales dramatically.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---I purchased this because of the price, but when I got home it was missing the screws to assemble it. I sent an email to the customer service for the Iron Gym, they said I would have to return it to the store where I purchased it.

The store I bought it from has a exchange only policy for open items and they were out the Iron Gym.

I went down and bought some screws for it from a hardware store.

So buyer beware, they really do not support the product. If it is missing pieces, make sure you can exchange it or get a refund, or you are out of luck and your money.
--- End quote ---

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B001EJMS6K/ref=cm_cr_pr_fltrmsg?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=0

I think I'll just stick with my barbells and walking shoes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version