Author Topic: Rush to the President: Debate Me  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
Rush to the President: Debate Me
« on: March 04, 2009, 02:01:10 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5184516

RJ Connors (518 posts)        Wed Mar-04-09 01:49 PM
Original message
Rush to the President: Debate Me
 Advertisements [?]Edited on Wed Mar-04-09 01:52 PM by RJ Connors
Source: RushLimbaugh.com

But I have an idea. If these guys are so impressed with themselves, and if they are so sure of their correctness, why doesn't President Obama come on my show? We will do a one-on-one debate of ideas and policies. Now, his people in this Politico story, it's on the record. They're claiming they wanted me all along. They wanted me to be the focus of attention. So let's have the debate! I am offering President Obama to come on this program -- without staffers, without a TelePrompTer, without note cards -- to debate me on the issues. Let's talk about free markets versus government control. Let's talk about nationalizing health care and raising taxes on small business.

Let's talk about the New Deal versus Reaganomics. Let's talk about closing Guantanamo Bay, and let's talk about sending $900 million to Hamas. Let's talk about illegal immigration and the lawlessness on the borders. Let's talk about massive deficits and the destroying of opportunities of future generations. Let's talk about ACORN, community agitators, and the unions that represent the government employees which pour millions of dollars into your campaign, President Obama. Let's talk about your elimination of school choice for minority students in the District of Columbia. Let's talk about your efforts to further reduce domestic drilling and refining of oil. Let's talk about your stock market. By the way, Mr. President, I want to help. Yesterday you said you looked at the stock market as no different than a tracking poll that goes up and down.

Read more: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_030409/cont...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is starting to get interesting.
See also:Rush Just Issued A Request To Debate Barry @ FreeRepublic.com

tyne (971 posts)     Wed Mar-04-09 01:52 PM
Response to Original message
1. Rahm should reply...
 "Does Rush want to debate the president about if Michael J Fox was faking his illness?...the president has no time for things of that nature". Then have a clip ready of Rush shaking around his studio. 

struggle4progress  (1000+ posts)        Wed Mar-04-09 02:30 PM
Response to Reply #1
29. No. Everybody in the Administration should ignore this

Doctor_J  (1000+ posts)        Wed Mar-04-09 01:52 PM
2. WTF are you doing posting a link to limpballs.com?
 And WTF is going on with DUers spending time at and linking to these perverts' sites?

RedEarth  (1000+ posts)        Wed Mar-04-09 01:58 PM
Response to Reply #2
13. That's what I'm wondering... it's garbage...doesn't belong on DU

RJ Connors (518 posts)        Wed Mar-04-09 01:57 PM
Response to Reply #2
11. It's simple. Know thy enemy.
 Edited on Wed Mar-04-09 01:57 PM by RJ Connors
If you don't know who your enemy is and what he is, you are lost. 

ayeshahaqqiqa  (1000+ posts)        Wed Mar-04-09 01:53 PM
3. If there was a debate
 Obama would blow him away.

BWAHAHAHAHA !!!1111

Keep Dreaming DUmmie Rush doesn't need a teleprompter.

snooper2 (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-04-09 01:53 PM
5. Dude- You broke a criminal law I believe
 linking directly to  pigboys website in a LBN post

Aviation Pro  (1000+ posts)        Wed Mar-04-09 01:56 PM
10. Run for president....
 ...you boy-buggering, drug-addled fat bag 'o shit and the President will gladly debate you (if you make it past the primaries). Otherwise, go **** yourself with your nub of a dick.

This thread should be fun.

Offline jukin

Re: Rush to the President: Debate Me
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 02:06:14 PM »
Rush "I did the CPAC speech off the cuff" Limbaugh versus Barry "I umm ahh where's my um ahh teleprompter" Soter...Obama?

Obama would be bringing a pea shooter to a machine gun fight.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 02:13:33 PM »
The president of the United States, and his administration, attacking a private citizen of this country.

Yeah, proud day to be an American.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline TandT

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 02:16:29 PM »
it will never happen ... the left cannot and will not debate the issues ...

they will lose ... every time ...
A day without laughter is a day misspent!  e.e. cummings

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 02:27:14 PM »
The president of the United States, and his administration, attacking a private citizen of this country.

Yeah, proud day to be an American.

On Redstate.com, the anaolgy they're using is that it's akin to a gang of thugs trying to rob a gun store.  There, the employees shoot back.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 02:38:25 PM »
Now, this is funny:

RedEarth  (1000+ posts)        Wed Mar-04-09 01:58 PM
Response to Reply #2

13. That's what I'm wondering... it's garbage...doesn't belong on DU

I think most would agree Skins's island is where garbage belongs.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 02:43:20 PM »
I caught part of this right at the end of his first hour, while I was driving.  Who was he talking to on the phone?  Obama will never do this.  He's an arrogant coward. 

Off topic:  Go to Moonbattery.com and see the open thread pic.  It's hilarious!

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 03:19:48 PM »
debate?

Obama doesn't even know what the stock market is.

How can he debate with a TelePrompter?

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 03:31:57 PM »
debate?

How can he debate with a TelePrompter?

He'll have to have Joe Biden give the replies and hire a very quick typist....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 03:37:45 PM »

He'll have to have Joe Biden give the replies and hire a very quick typist....

we could only hope they would let Biden give the answers. that would be a priceless gaffe fest

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 03:39:37 PM »
we could only hope they would let Biden give the answers. that would be a priceless gaffe fest

Laffapalulza!!!!  :lmao:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 03:55:16 PM »
Quote from:
Now, his people in this Politico story, it's on the record. They're claiming they wanted me all along. They wanted me to be the focus of attention.

For the Husseinite administration, what they're doing makes no sense.  This type of rift with Rush has a relatively short shelf life at best.  If they were trying to drive a wedge, that didn't work.  Were they of the notion that this type of thing can last for months and months on end?  You gotta be kidding.  Are they so stupid they believe people, two years from now, are going go "Oh, I remember all that stuff from 2 years ago between Hussein and Rush and how Rush is the leader of the Republican party"?  No way!  People aren't going to vote or not vote for Republicans/conservatives based upon some position the opposition hoisted on Rush.  If the economy sucks, and all indications points to it being the case, they're voting their pocketbook, not some rift from 2 years back which meant nothing.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 03:59:34 PM »
For the Husseinite administration, what they're doing makes no sense.  This type of rift with Rush has a relatively short shelf life at best.  If they were trying to drive a wedge, that didn't work.  Were they of the notion that this type of thing can last for months and months on end?  You gotta be kidding.  Are they so stupid they believe people, two years from now, are going go "Oh, I remember all that stuff from 2 years ago between Hussein and Rush and how Rush is the leader of the Republican party"?  No way!  People aren't going to vote or not vote for Republicans/conservatives based upon some position the opposition hoisted on Rush.  If the economy sucks, and all indications points to it being the case, they're voting their pocketbook, not some rift from 2 years back which meant nothing.

a govt workers union is now running TV ads accusing Rush of wanting the country to fail and that he is 'leader of the GOP'.

Its all been planned out of course.

The plan was to cause a groundswell to demand a fairness doctrine, IMO

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 04:11:07 PM »
a govt workers union is now running TV ads accusing Rush of wanting the country to fail and that he is 'leader of the GOP'.

Its all been planned out of course.

The plan was to cause a groundswell to demand a fairness doctrine, IMO

If that's the case, then WOW!!

People are concerned about the economy, their job, the bills, etc....  Trying to drum up a groundswell for some guy on the radio isn't really a top priority except for people who are out of their minds.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 04:13:02 PM »
If that's the case, then WOW!!

People are concerned about the economy, their job, the bills, etc....  Trying to drum up a groundswell for some guy on the radio isn't really a top priority except for people who are out of their minds.

Its the Obama campaign. It never ends. The Revolution never ends. Rush is counter-revolutionary. He is a target for them as are all critics.

Offline Kimberly

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 04:14:50 PM »

Actually I think it makes perfect sense. Two years from now doesn't matter one bit. The stuff with Rush is a planned diversion for the press to play with so Obama can get his ultra liberal agenda through. As long as this "controversy" is making news, the press doesn't have to pay attention to the alarming details of the stuff being pushed through. While Obama is still enjoying his relatively high ratings and with the msm ignoring the diasterous effects the porkulus will have on the ecomony, this is the perfect time for Obama to strike. Two years from now, pfffff. We'll have another manufactured bogeyman to distract us.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 04:20:56 PM »
Actually I think it makes perfect sense. Two years from now doesn't matter one bit. The stuff with Rush is a planned diversion for the press to play with so Obama can get his ultra liberal agenda through. As long as this "controversy" is making news, the press doesn't have to pay attention to the alarming details of the stuff being pushed through. While Obama is still enjoying his relatively high ratings and with the msm ignoring the diasterous effects the porkulus will have on the ecomony, this is the perfect time for Obama to strike. Two years from now, pfffff. We'll have another manufactured bogeyman to distract us.

A diversionary tactic is one I had considered, and short-term it will do what it does.

Two years from now, if the economy stinks, he can't throw enough diversions out to make people look another way.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 04:25:52 PM »
tyne (971 posts)     Wed Mar-04-09 01:52 PM
1. Rahm should reply...
 "Does Rush want to debate the president about if Michael J Fox was faking his illness?...the president has no time for things of that nature". Then have a clip ready of Rush shaking around his studio. 

:rotf:  Oh yes lets bring this out into the open and settle it once and for all so you moronic DUmmies will shut up about it.

You're too stupid to realize you just asked to be pwn3d on a nattional scale.   :rotf:
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 04:27:47 PM »
struggle4progress  (1000+ posts)        Wed Mar-04-09 02:30 PM
Response to Reply #1
29. No. Everybody in the Administration should ignore this

I guess the current Press Secretary, Chief Of Staff and President didn't get the memo.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 04:36:38 PM »

Hannity was discussing this today, and I can't remember who . . . He was talking with Buchannan about it.  They were both saying that the Republicans can't get wrapped up in this--they need to go after the Obamessiah on his agenda.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2009, 04:37:27 PM »
I thought O was supposed to be such a brilliant politician?
Getting his administration tangled up in this sort of thing is stupid to the Nth degree.

It unifies your opposition,puts those in only semi secure seats of your own party in an uncomfortable situation and lets yourself look like an amateur.

Remember back in 1984 when President Reagan wouldn`t even acknowledge Mondale by name until the end so as not to elevate him to the level of the Presidency.
O has set a trap for himself and then took his own bait.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009, 04:41:47 PM »
Hannity was discussing this today, and I can't remember who . . . He was talking with Buchannan about it.  They were both saying that the Republicans can't get wrapped up in this--they need to go after the Obamessiah on his agenda.

Yeah, I agree.

This is nothing but a sideline and not worth the time of day.  If questioned by the press, it's an easy dodge by the R's.  We're political junkies, per se, so we notice this stuff.  I just don't believe that Joe & Jane Average really gives two flips about the whole thing, they're more worried about the economy.

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 05:08:50 PM »

This would be a valid point, except for the fact that Zero has yet to pass ANYTHING (except gas) with any details....

Offline vlad335

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 08:17:19 PM »
This serves 3 purposes for the administration.

1. Distract: Take peoples eye off the ball and Obama's policies.
2. Demonize: Bush is gone so the left needs a new boogieman.
3. Deceive: Setup the impedus for the Fairness doctrine to be implemented.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 09:27:17 PM »
This would like getting into a steel cage match with the Undertaker and Barry Big Ears is Steve Eurkel
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"