Author Topic: Hello there  (Read 9957 times)

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Re: Hello there
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 10:08:39 AM »
Hi Bertram,

Welcome, my name is Vesta.

Please accept my sincere condolenses that you were raised as orphaned.

You have done well to get into College with no family to teach you respect or civil deportment. Your future may be a bit hard as I do not think you could get a job as a Walmart greeter with your social skills.

Please pay no attention to some of the men here, they are a rough and rowdy group that were fighting off alligators in swamps before you were born.

It's some of us woman here that you need to tread carefully around, when we had kids like you, we spanked them and sent them to their room.

Damn, vesta is growing on me  :thatsright:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 10:41:22 AM »
Damn, vesta is growing on me  :thatsright:

They make ointments for that, ya know.

But her response DID elicit a ^5 from me.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 10:44:29 AM »
Bertram, just remember, liberalism is learned in school.  Conservatism is learned through experience.

Offline Bertram

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2011, 04:38:54 PM »
Bertram, just remember, liberalism is learned in school.  Conservatism is learned through experience.

"If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain."

I don't necissarily agree with this, it just seems fitting as a response.  :wink:

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2011, 05:01:21 PM »
It's surprisingly true.  Liberals want to save the world.  Conservatives have learned you can't, you can only improve what you have control over.  It's very over-simplistic, but it's true in its rawest forms.

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 05:08:14 PM »
"If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain."
- Sir Winston Churchill

I don't necissarily agree with this, it just seems fitting as a response.  :wink:
I posted that Churchill quote on the DUmp once, lasted about 2.3 seconds.

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 05:32:49 PM »

If you're going to quote someone, you really should give credit.......

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 05:34:33 PM »

That's why I only quote myself   :naughty:

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 01:56:41 AM »

This part here-- Sir Winston Churchill
-My edit.

Kid, stick to pursuing an education and focus on the important things in life at your stage. Don't piss off your parents, don't wreck your car, don't get some chic knocked up, and when that little tingly thing happens down deep in your gut, second guess what your professors are feeding you, trust but verify. You will understand more when you have advanced to the point where you no longer call home for money and you actually have to work for it. If you have a part time beer money job now, that doesn't count.
Try this-
Actually know what you are doing and engage in that in a real life setting, with constant competition in the way of chasing better talent than what you are fielding, and make a go of it.
Pay your bills on time and in full by your own accomplishments.

Ask yourself, and I understand I am engaging a mind that depends on that mom & dad debit card, WHO IS GOING TO PAY YOUR WAY FOREVER?

When do you become a man?

I joined the Marine Corps at 17 and never looked back, did a four year hitch, entered the workforce, worked my way up in several jobs, have served as a foreman -try that as a welder in a railyard, it does not equate with head fry chef at Mickey Dee's. If my guys had a legitimate gripe with me it could mean fists out in the lot, and did a time or two, not "I have been offended, so you are a criminal" bs. I own my own home, three vehicles and a boat. I DO NOT LOOK TO ANYBODY TO PAY MY WAY FOR ME OR SEEK ANY SORT OF VICTIM STATUS TO HIDE BEHIND.
You will likely not understand this for several years to come. It is earned pal, not entitled.

You are certainly welcome here and your opinions are as well. Let them be your opinions, you do have a mind, use it. Drop the talking points, the precocious condescension and be yourself for once, think about that.

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 02:05:29 AM »
Ohhh, I see, another one that thinks that he's more intelligent than the rest of us........  :banghead:

Oh goody! Another chew toy!

Oh debk you put that so nicely.....but unfortunately Yankees mistake polite, mannerly, genteel conversation and discussion for weakness and stupidity. Maybe I should enlighten our new friend that when southern ladies, and southern gentlemen for that matter, have suffered enough of their insufferable Yankee attitude, that scorn and fury the likes of which even hell has never seen will come down on his little ass.

You the man, Reb! The "distaste for conservatives", put him in the firing range, as far as I'm concerned! Maybe he shoulda opened up to us in the "Fight Club", instead.

Whadda ya think would happen if he opened with that phrase at the DUmp"? Hell, he'd be a celeb in no time!

However, if he opened with, "I have a severe distaste of liberals", he'd be eatin' pizza before he could hit "enter" on his next post!

Must be because they like the First Amendment so much!

So tell me again why you're here, Bertram?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:16:18 AM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 05:34:02 AM »
-My edit.

Kid, stick to pursuing an education and focus on the important things in life at your stage. Don't piss off your parents, don't wreck your car, don't get some chic knocked up, and when that little tingly thing happens down deep in your gut, second guess what your professors are feeding you, trust but verify. You will understand more when you have advanced to the point where you no longer call home for money and you actually have to work for it. If you have a part time beer money job now, that doesn't count.
Try this-
Actually know what you are doing and engage in that in a real life setting, with constant competition in the way of chasing better talent than what you are fielding, and make a go of it.
Pay your bills on time and in full by your own accomplishments.

Ask yourself, and I understand I am engaging a mind that depends on that mom & dad debit card, WHO IS GOING TO PAY YOUR WAY FOREVER?

When do you become a man?

I joined the Marine Corps at 17 and never looked back, did a four year hitch, entered the workforce, worked my way up in several jobs, have served as a foreman -try that as a welder in a railyard, it does not equate with head fry chef at Mickey Dee's. If my guys had a legitimate gripe with me it could mean fists out in the lot, and did a time or two, not "I have been offended, so you are a criminal" bs. I own my own home, three vehicles and a boat. I DO NOT LOOK TO ANYBODY TO PAY MY WAY FOR ME OR SEEK ANY SORT OF VICTIM STATUS TO HIDE BEHIND.
You will likely not understand this for several years to come. It is earned pal, not entitled.

You are certainly welcome here and your opinions are as well. Let them be your opinions, you do have a mind, use it. Drop the talking points, the precocious condescension and be yourself for once, think about that.
[/b]

Excellent, FB!

h5
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2011, 08:01:35 AM »
Let's try not to run this kid off.  The fact that he's here and being respectful with his questions tells me that he's open to listening to our opinions.  Instead of pushing another person over to the DU side, why don't we convince this kid that our beliefs are correct?

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2011, 08:04:41 AM »
-My edit.

I noticed that FreeBorn. My post was directed at Bertram. It's just plain rude not to acknowledge a quotation. I also find it fascinatingly odd that young Bertram, a sophomore in college, has difficulty spelling. (these misspellings don't seem to be typos, either, just blatant misspellings) Given his major, Poli Sci, that disturbs me even more. But what do I know?? I'm just some high school grad that enlisted in the military.  ::)
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2011, 08:07:12 AM »
Let's try not to run this kid off.  The fact that he's here and being respectful with his questions tells me that he's open to listening to our opinions.  Instead of pushing another person over to the DU side, why don't we convince this kid that our beliefs are correct?

That's the idea, sir; membership retention.

Right now, though, there's some bozo running around that I wouldn't care if he dropped dead.

But once in a while we get a live one worth our time, and here I'm talking about our sort-of-esteemed member compaqxp, who's of course wrong-headed about politics and probably most other things, but he has a healthy robust sense of humor, a rare trait on the other side.

This Bert guy here, I'm not so sure about, but time will tell.  I'm willing to give Bert a chance.

But that one Eskimo bozo running amok around here, I wish he'd drop dead.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2011, 08:11:47 AM »
Yeah, Yukon is just here to stir the pot.  His problem is that he sucks at it.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2011, 08:12:32 AM »
That's the idea, sir; membership retention.

Right now, though, there's some bozo running around that I wouldn't care if he dropped dead.

But once in a while we get a live one worth our time, and here I'm talking about our sort-of-esteemed member compaqxp, who's of course wrong-headed about politics and probably most other things, but he has a healthy robust sense of humor, a rare trait on the other side.

This Bert guy here, I'm not so sure about, but time will tell.  I'm willing to give Bert a chance.

But that one Eskimo bozo running amok around here, I wish he'd drop dead.

Well what if he runs off other members because he turns this place into any other political forum with the same liberal spew?

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2011, 08:15:46 AM »
Well what if he runs off other members because he turns this place into any other political forum with the same liberal spew?

Well, as I said, madam, I'm willing to give Bert a chance.

His choice; a chance to shine or a chance to flop.

A master of his own destiny, this Bert guy.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2011, 08:16:38 AM »
I really doubt a few wrong-headed liberals here are going to change the political nature of conservativecave.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2011, 08:17:20 AM »
I really doubt a few wrong-headed liberals here are going to change the political nature of conservativecave.

+1

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2011, 08:18:19 AM »

Majority rules Gina.  That won't happen.  The thing that is great about this site is the ability to express your POV, regardless of it's political stance.  Of course, disrespectful insolence isn't tolerated, I mean there ARE standards.    :-)
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2011, 09:15:55 AM »
Majority rules Gina.  That won't happen.  The thing that is great about this site is the ability to express your POV, regardless of it's political stance.  Of course, disrespectful insolence isn't tolerated, I mean there ARE standards.    :-)

Yup Iassa, strangers enter your home by rules of civility we should treat them as guests.

When the strangers piss on your carpet and steal your spoons then is the time to ask no questions or try to understand them, you grab them by the belt and heave them out into a snow bank. 

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2011, 09:25:06 AM »
Yup Iassa, strangers enter your home by rules of civility we should treat them as guests.

When the strangers piss on your carpet and steal your spoons then is the time to ask no questions or try to understand them, you grab them by the belt and heave them out into a snow bank. 

You are a very eccentric person.  I love reading your posts.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2011, 09:36:03 AM »

You are a very eccentric person.  I love reading your posts.

Stop hitting on vesta dude :naughty:

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2011, 09:37:21 AM »
Stop hitting on vesta dude :naughty:

Uh, no.  I get the feeling she has no less than 75 cats in her home.  Not that it's a bad thing....

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2011, 09:38:08 AM »

Uh, no.  I get the feeling she has no less than 75 cats in her home.  Not that it's a bad thing....

ah ha!!!  you are a cat lover  :naughty: