Author Topic: franksolich responds to Atman  (Read 2846 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
franksolich responds to Atman
« on: June 05, 2014, 11:27:39 AM »
07-17-2022 I came across this old thread (from 2014) by accident, having noticed a primitive was reading it, thus sparking  my interest.  I believe the observations and sentiments still hold true today.

note: early this week, conservativecave received a message from Atman, a member of democraticunderground, expressing some, uh, concerns of his.  As it was sent as a private message, its contents will remain that, private.

However, as he raised issues of great interest to both members of democraticunderground and members of conservativecave, some sort of
general public response was necessary.

A great many of your concerns would've been non-issues if you, and all other members of democraticunderground, had respected the advice and counsel of Skinner, and ignored conservativecave as if it doesn't even exist; never came over here.

I'm not sure why so many members of democraticunderground think they're smarter than Skinner, but they do, and they're not.  Skinner has more brains alone than the top hundred brightest members of democraticunderground all put together, and Elad isn't far behind.

One might protest, "Well, I'm an adult, capable of deciding on my own what's good for me and what's not good for me."

Uh, no.

Not all people are equally capable, competent, in all the same things.  I for example know nothing, nothing at all, about nuclear physics.  And so it behooves me, when working with something involving nuclear physics, to heed the advice and counsel of those who do know something about it; it's for my own good.

Skinner, being the smartest of all--by far--on democraticunderground, knew that exposure to conservativecave would upset, trouble, discombobulate, and otherwise distress, the lesser-cerebrally-endowed members of his own site, and hence his warning against coming here.

And thus has he been proven right.

Anyone from democraticunderground who's bothered by what he or she sees here, has only him- or herself to blame.  If one noses around, snoops, and pries, one's oftentimes likely to be unpleasantly surprised.  It's always best to simply mind one's own business.

- - - - - - - - - -

You wonder as to why you're ostensibly (please notice the word ostensibly, to be explained in the next part) so picked on in the DUmpster.

I refer you, sir, back to the events of late autumn 2006, when you suddenly showed up at our old home, conservativeunderground, breathing fire and spitting venom, causing a big ruckus.

You rushed out on the stage; nobody pushed you onto it.

In fact, I daresay that if you'd heeded the advice and counsel of Skinner, and stayed away, probably the name "Atman" and "conservativecave" would've never occurred at all on google searches, as you'd still be one of the nameless, faceless lumpenunterprimitiven on democraticunderground.

By unhappy--unhappy for you, alas--coincidence, you emerged at that very moment that the world was getting tired of your predecessor as poster boy of democraticunderground, WilliamPitt.  For years, WilliamPitt had been the "Everyman" of democraticunderground, representative of most of the shared characteristics of members there.

I'm guessing you're not familiar with medieval morality plays--most aren't--in which there's one particular character representative of all the follies, stupidities, and sins of humanity in general; sort of the one who fits all, or nearly all, the stereotypes of a particular group of people.

WilliamPitt, after so many years, was proving himself vacuous, shallow, devoid of any depth, insipid, a slob, and not especially bright.  And hence becoming tediously boring.

Here was suddenly a new face exemplifying democraticunderground; someone with more depth, more color, more animation, more entertainment; a definite and awesome improvement over the stale old stupid first "Everyman" of democraticunderground.

- - - - - - - - - -

I checked the numbers; they're kind of confusing, apples and oranges and penguins and rocks, but anyway, there's been 742 threads in the DUmpster where you're been mentioned, either as the original member of interest (i.e., the topic poster on democraticunderground), or in comments further along, as a secondary member of interest.

There's been 31,100 topics started in the DUmpster, and half a million comments.

Since December 2007, when conservativecave got underway...almost seven years ago.

To me, that scarcely suggests you've been overexposured.

This reminds me of when your colleague MrScorpio recently told me he doesn't appreciate being featured in the DUmpster, suggesting that he's "picked on" a lot.  In brutal fact, MrScorpio is no major league star, or even minor league talent, in the DUmpster; he's barely out of the Pee Wee League into the Little League.

I suspect the reason many members of democraticunderground perceive themselves as being "picked on" "a lot" in the DUmpster simply because when they come to conservativecave to read the DUmpster, they tend to read only those threads that feature themselves and no threads featuring their colleagues on democraticunderground; just themselves.

If I were to go to democraticunderground and read only threads about franksolich, I suppose I would assume something similar, that members of democraticunderground are picking on me, and heavily so.

- - - - - - - - - -

You seem concerned about your professional reputation being denigrated by comments on conservativecave.

Dude.  Seriously.

You post on democraticunderground.

You know, a message-board famous the world over for its crackpots, fringe extremists, malcontents, lunatics, hatemongers, dilettantes, effete elitists, decrepit old hippies, senescent old ladies, rich bitches, grouchy old men, tramps, and guys looking for easy sex or free drugs.

Even professional Democrats and liberals laugh at members of democraticunderground.

- - - - - - - - - -

Speaking as an individual who's been libeled, slandered, smeared, ridiculed, mocked, derided, eviscerated, on democraticunderground, I suggest you be of good cheer and take it in stride; it's just the way life is in contemporary society; a society created and perpetuated by primitives.

Cheerily yours, pal,
franksolich. 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 07:58:45 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: franksolich responds to Atman
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 11:46:45 AM »
You seem concerned about your professional reputation being denigrated

Uh oh! Now poor stupid Atman is going to claim coach is a racist.

Anyway, our crazy bald dwarf cub reporter has more of a professional reputation to defend than this talentless schlub.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 12:17:08 PM »
You seem concerned about your professional reputation being denigrated by comments on conservativecave.

Dude.  Seriously.

:rotf:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline beefeater

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 12:27:42 PM »

Dude.  Seriously.

All that needed saying.

But I do appreciate the rest of your post.
My Old Man was a Chicago Republican until the day he died.

Then he became a democrat.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 12:34:31 PM »
It is simple...if one doesn`t want demented,dysfunctional and deviant things noticed then the easiest answer is to not do demented,dysfunctional and deviant things.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 02:40:58 PM »

Well, my bitch about primitives who bitch about being quoted is this: what did one expect?

Life is an unending series of action-> reaction-> action-> reaction-> action->, &c., &c., &c.

One can't comment upon even an innocuous topic such as the weather, without getting a reaction.

And sometimes reactions are unexpected or even unpleasant.

<<<every time opens mouth, no matter about what, expects a reaction, which might or might not be unanticipated or unpleasant.

Words have consequences.  And sometimes not the consequences one wishes.

I can't figure out why primitives can't see this; I mean, it's an immutable law of nature, just as the law of gravity.  For every action, such as opening one's mouth to say something, there's an equally strong re-action.  For "scientific" people, the primitives aren't very scientific.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 03:01:52 PM »
... You seem concerned about your professional reputation being denigrated by comments on conservativecave.

Dude.  Seriously.

You know, a message-board famous the world over for its crackpots, fringe extremists, malcontents, lunatics, hatemongers, dilettantes, effete elitists, decrepit old hippies, senescent old ladies, rich bitches, grouchy old men, tramps, and guys looking for easy sex or free drugs.

Even professional Democrats and liberals laugh at members of democraticunderground.

Excellent post Coach.  I have converted more people by sending them to DU to view the insanity then asking if this is what they want to be associated with.   At DU the inmates do indeed run the asylum while Skinner charges them handsomely for the privilege.
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline BlondeMoment

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 03:11:51 PM »
That was...epic! Do they really think that no one else on the internet is following along & laughing their behinds off? Pity the fool when one day, with brutal clarity, they see themselves as others see them.
Great rebuttal, frank!
As a matter of fact, I *am* a "white wing bigot". I only enjoy venison. And fish. Lots and lots and lots of fish.

Offline MoshMasterD

• The Cornette Face
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 06:00:27 PM »
note: early this week, conservativecave received a message from Atman, a member of democraticunderground, expressing some, uh, concerns of his.  As it was sent as a private message, its contents will remain that, private.

However, as he raised issues of great interest to both members of democraticunderground and members of conservativecave, some sort of
general public response was necessary.

A great many of your concerns would’ve been “non-issues” if you, and all other members of democraticunderground, had respected the advice and counsel of Skinner, and ignored conservativecave as if it doesn’t even exist; never came over here.

I’m not sure why so many members of democraticunderground think they’re smarter than Skinner, but they do, and they’re not.  Skinner has more brains alone than the top hundred brightest members of democraticunderground all put together, and Elad isn’t far behind.

One might protest, “Well, I’m an adult, capable of deciding on my own what’s good for me and what’s not good for me.”

Uh, no.

Not all people are equally capable, competent, in all the same things.  I for example know nothing, nothing at all, about nuclear physics.  And so it behooves me, when working with something involving nuclear physics, to heed the advice and counsel of those who do know something about it; it‘s for my own good.

Skinner, being the smartest of all--by far--on democraticunderground, knew that exposure to conservativecave would upset, trouble, discombobulate, and otherwise distress, the lesser-cerebrally-endowed members of his own site, and hence his warning against coming here.

And thus has he been proven right.

Anyone from democraticunderground who’s bothered by what he or she sees here, has only him- or herself to blame.  If one noses around, snoops, and pries, one’s oftentimes likely to be unpleasantly surprised.  It’s always best to simply mind one’s own business.

- - - - - - - - - -

You wonder as to why you’re ostensibly (please notice the word “ostensibly,” to be explained in the next part) so “picked on” in the DUmpster.

I refer you, sir, back to the events of late autumn 2006, when you suddenly showed up at our old home, conservativeunderground, breathing fire and spitting venom, causing a big ruckus.

You rushed out on the stage; nobody pushed you onto it.

In fact, I daresay that if you’d heeded the advice and counsel of Skinner, and stayed away, probably the name “Atman” and “conservativecave” would’ve never occurred at all on google searches, as you’d still be one of the nameless, faceless lumpenunterprimitiven on democraticunderground.

By unhappy--unhappy for you, alas--coincidence, you emerged at that very moment that the world was getting tired of your predecessor as “poster boy” of democraticunderground, WilliamPitt.  For years, WilliamPitt had been the “Everyman” of democraticunderground, representative of most of the shared characteristics of members there.

I’m guessing you’re not familiar with medieval morality plays--most aren’t--in which there’s one particular character representative of all the follies, stupidities, and sins of humanity in general; sort of the one who fits all, or nearly all, the stereotypes of a particular group of people.

WilliamPitt, after so many years, was proving himself vacuous, shallow, devoid of any depth, insipid, a slob, and not especially bright.  And hence becoming tediously boring.

Here was suddenly a new face exemplifying democraticunderground; someone with more depth, more color, more animation, more entertainment; a definite and awesome improvement over the stale old stupid first “Everyman” of democraticunderground.

- - - - - - - - - -

I checked the numbers; they’re kind of confusing, apples and oranges and penguins and rocks, but anyway, there’s been 742 threads in the DUmpster where you’re been mentioned, either as the original member of interest (i.e., the topic poster on democraticunderground), or in comments further along, as a secondary member of interest.

There’s been 31,100 topics started in the DUmpster, and half a million comments.

Since December 2007, when conservativecave got underway…..almost seven years ago.

To me, that scarcely suggests you‘ve been “overexposured.”

This reminds me of when your colleague MrScorpio recently told me he doesn’t appreciate being featured in the DUmpster, suggesting that he’s “picked on” a lot.  In brutal fact, MrScorpio is no major league star, or even minor league talent, in the DUmpster; he’s barely out of the Pee Wee League into the Little League.

I suspect the reason many members of democraticunderground perceive themselves as being “picked on” “a lot” in the DUmpster simply because when they come to conservativecave to read the DUmpster, they tend to read only those threads that feature themselves and no threads featuring their colleagues on democraticunderground; just themselves.

If I were to go to democraticunderground and read only threads about franksolich, I suppose I would assume something similar, that members of democraticunderground are picking on me, and heavily so.

- - - - - - - - - -

Dude.  Seriously.

- - - - - - - - - -

Speaking as an individual who’s been libeled, slandered, smeared, ridiculed, mocked, derided, eviscerated, on democraticunderground, I suggest you be of good cheer and take it in stride; it’s just the way life is in contemporary society; a society created and perpetuated by primitives.

Cheerily yours, pal,
franksolich.

There is no ic in democratunderground
"They cannot win. We outnumber them in this country, and we have the guns… I’m not kidding. They talk a mean game, but they will not cross that line because they know what they’re dealing with."

Andrew Breitbart

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 06:09:15 PM »
There is no ic in democratunderground

When talking directly with a primitive, though, one has to be respectful and use their language; otherwise they'll throw a fit about being made fun of.

I dislike doing it, but it's one of those things that must be done.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 06:30:33 PM »
There is a reason why we are not quoted and made fun of...It's hard to laugh at someone who is making perfect sense.
Unlike the DUmmies, we have jobs, lives outside of CC, wives and husbands.

I quote DU because the sheer insanity is hilarious. Its easy to point and laugh.
Here at CC we discuss many things, none of which have ever been quoted and mocked. we are not insane. We are normal people.

---> No matter how much DU wants to, they cannot possibly make fun of us. They might bump into forbidden ideas. Heaven help us!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 06:35:40 PM »
And let's never forget how Pedro embarrassed not only himself, but every member of Skin's island, by having his post mentioned on the radio station that has the largest audience in the world. Proclaiming that Republicans were going to purposely lose the election so the Dems would get the blame when things went bad, and then years later claiming he was just kidding when he said that, will always get you placed on the "hey, look at this idiot" list.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 08:15:30 PM »
And let's never forget how Pedro embarrassed not only himself, but every member of Skin's island, by having his post mentioned on the radio station that has the largest audience in the world. Proclaiming that Republicans were going to purposely lose the election so the Dems would get the blame when things went bad, and then years later claiming he was just kidding when he said that, will always get you placed on the "hey, look at this idiot" list.

You know, that's one thing about the primitives; they're always skittish about their comments being remembered.

Everybody's human, everybody makes mistakes, everybody says or does stupid things here and there.

I've said more than my share of stupid or ridiculous things, but I've never lost an ounce of sleep over it.  Excresence happens; when one gets egg on one's face, it's a simple matter of nonchalantly wiping it off, and going on.

But the primitives are always s-o-o-o-o-o-o worried.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 02:34:53 AM »
The DOTY cream is rising.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 03:31:35 AM »
When talking directly with a primitive, though, one has to be respectful and use their language; otherwise they'll throw a fit about being made fun of.

I dislike doing it, but it's one of those things that must be done.

If that were the case, all you had to say was "Don't start any shit, there won't be any shit, DUmmie".
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 09:02:32 AM »
If that were the case, all you had to say was "Don't start any shit, there won't be any shit, DUmmie".

Basically, that's the way it's been in real life since, oh, about 1992, the last time I tried being sociable to a Democrat.  It revolts me to be rude, but there hasn't been any point in being myself, since about that time.

As described elsewhere here (but I forget where), I suspect this uncivility started with the presidential election of 1980, when suddenly Democrats started "hating" Republicans, whereas before, that one person was a Republican and another a Democrat made about as much difference as one person collected postage stamps and the other person preferred eggs scrambled; it wasn't any big deal.

It became a big deal about that time.  They, not we, made it a big deal.

Democrats, liberals, and primitives have made ideology, and ideology alone, the sole criteria for association and friendship. 

For me, being a sociable person willing to accept anybody coming my way, it was, to put it mildly, a pretty traumatic realization that the World Had Changed.

I didn't like it, but as there was nothing I could do about it, I had to adapt to it, in this case routinely and automatically writing off a whole lot of people.  But the way Democrats, liberals, and primitives have evolved, probably I'm not missing a whole lot, if anything.

It's very sad, but it's a society they created.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 09:08:26 AM »
Atman (27,545 posts)    Tue Apr 22, 2014, 01:07 PM

The Cave Dwellers forgot to bring Zorg his offering of welfare mothers and Obamaphones.

Seems like our stalker site has been down all day. Maybe they're downtown applying for government assistance to help keep them running.

While it would've been too much to hope that Atman would be sad that conservativecave was down, this was rather too much.

And six weeks later, I'm still wondering.

What in the world made him, and the other primitives, think that conservativecave was finished, never to be seen again, never to annoy them again?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2014, 09:28:44 AM »

Posted by: Mr Mannn« on: June 05, 2014, 08:30:33 PM »
There is a reason why we are not quoted and made fun of...It's hard to laugh at someone who is making perfect sense.
Unlike the DUmmies, we have jobs, lives outside of CC, wives and husbands.
I quote DU because the sheer insanity is hilarious. Its easy to point and laugh.
Here at CC we discuss many things, none of which have ever been quoted and mocked. we are not insane. We are normal people.

Atman (27,545 posts)    Tue Apr 22, 2014, 01:07 PM

The Cave Dwellers forgot to bring Zorg his offering of welfare mothers and Obamaphones.

Frank,
Your Atman quote makes Mr. Mann's point perfectly. 
It seems even Atman reflexively knows what subject matter springs to mind when one thinks of the DUmp.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2014, 08:38:09 AM »
It is simple...if one doesn't want demented, dysfunctional, and deviant things noticed then the easiest answer is to not do demented, dysfunctional, and deviant things.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
DON'T play stupid games, DON'T win stupid prizes.

Very simple.  DUmmies also can't seem to grasp the concept of "keeping one's mouth shut, and letting people think them a fool, than opening said mouth, and removing all doubts."

Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2014, 09:03:00 AM »
This whole happening reminds me greatly of that old movie "The Truman Show" with the primitives playing the part of Truman.  They go about their pitiful manufactured existence in a world created for them by Skimmer.  Every once in awhile, a light will fall from the sky or a glimpse of a camera hidden in mirror will be discovered.  The primitives will question it or even go so far as to become enraged about it but always ALWAYS go back to their same nonsensical ways unlike Truman who discovered the outside world and realized what it truly was and how it really works.  That, sadly, is what makes the island more of a tragedy rather than a comedy.  Of course we should not pity the primitive, there is always the lifeline to that camera but they refuse to take it.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Red alert

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2014, 09:30:31 AM »
Great read Frank, thanks!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2014, 09:41:47 AM »
Great read Frank, thanks!

In retrospect, it could've been a lot shorter.

I should've just said, "Well, every time I open my mouth, I anticipate some sort of reaction.  No matter what I say, no matter if the topic's wholly innocent or trivial, I expect some sort of reaction, and usually get it.  And sometimes the reactions are unexpected--in fact, most of them are--or even unpleasant.  Sometimes--in fact, many times--things blow up in my face.  One just nonchalantly wipes the egg off one's face and moves on."

That's the difference between decent and civilized people, and primitives.

Decent and civilized people can forgive themselves their imperfections; primitives can't, and get all bent out of shape when their imperfections are pointed out--as if by hiding them, they don't exist.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Red alert

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2014, 10:32:09 AM »

Perhaps, without knowing all of the points you were addressing it is hard to say from the readers  perspective.

Actions have consequences. And as a new reader here I am not in full possession of all of the previous actions. Learning it bit by bit. Lurk much,  post little.

I would gladly accept some tutelage on the use of quotes.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 10:33:09 AM by franksolich »

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2014, 10:50:37 AM »

I should've just said, "Well, every time I open my mouth, I anticipate some sort of reaction.  No matter what I say, no matter if the topic's wholly innocent or trivial, I expect some sort of reaction, and usually get it.  And sometimes the reactions are unexpected--in fact, most of them are--or even unpleasant.  Sometimes--in fact, many times--things blow up in my face.  One just nonchalantly wipes the egg off one's face and moves on."

That's the difference between decent and civilized people, and primitives.

Decent and civilized people can forgive themselves their imperfections; primitives can't, and get all bent out of shape when their imperfections are pointed out--as if by hiding them, they don't exist.

I disagree coach. Think you did an excellent job.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2014, 05:06:39 PM »
Perhaps, without knowing all of the points you were addressing it is hard to say from the readers  perspective.

Actions have consequences. And as a new reader here I am not in full possession of all of the previous actions. Learning it bit by bit. Lurk much,  post little.

I would gladly accept some tutelage on the use of quotes.
There's a quote button icon that looks like a cartoon bubble.
It's in the second row of icons that come up when you reply or quote above this dialogue box.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.