Author Topic: stoned primitives burn the toast  (Read 857 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
stoned primitives burn the toast
« on: June 22, 2008, 09:21:40 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3502905

Oh my.

You know, this is another one of those bonfires on Skins's island where it's obvious every primitive, excepting the melodious primitive, is stoned when commenting.  Just absolutely high, out of it, out of their cerebral cavities.

This is a primitive new to me, and so it's not ranked yet.

T.Ruth2power  (269 posts) Sun Jun-22-08 09:33 PM
Original message

AMERICA IS TOAST

The sick, sick US collapse comes after the Russian collapse and rebirth, the Argentinian collapse and reconstruction, the collapse of Europe that were the first and second world wars, and its reconstruction, the Palestinian imprisonment/holocaust, the African collapse, the biosphere's considerable collapse and so on.

A country with less than five percent of the world'population, with 25 % of the planet's prisoners, roughly one fourth of earth's greenhouse gas emissions, half the planet's military budget, 1000 military bases outside the US, with one of the planet's most active death penalty habits, with dishonesty normalized and a totalitarian propaganda communication system, with a health care system that provides selective to pocketbook medical aid to a morbidly fat population riddled with disease, with massive number of neurotic, ill-informed, alienated, gun-toting and anxious 'citizens', with an utterly corrupt facade of democracy no longer even bothering to pretend to hide extreme oligarchy and plutocracy and neo-fascism, with huge economic problems, a self-declared Rogue Nation status that leaves nary a real friend, and an insatiable appetite for new war weapons, wondrous new ways to destroy and intimidate, the US has long since 'collapsed', if it ever was really 'standing'.

Forget candidates. Forget politics, at least in the manner you have always considered. Band together. Time's up.

I tried to paragraphize the middle paragraph, to make it more readable, but damn, it's all one sentence.

arendt  (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-22-08 09:36 PM
Response to Original message

1. K&R for a few as dark as mine, and a lot more concise writing.

The primitives inconveniently forget one thing--if America goes into the toaster, so go the welfare checks, the social security disability checks, the food stamps, the rent subsidies, the free medical care, too.

A toasted America couldn't afford the primitives.  The primitives would have to support themselves on their own.

NYC_SKP  Donating Member  (329 posts) Sun Jun-22-08 09:36 PM

2. Is this a unity thread?

Seriously, these are rough times, indeed.

MonkeyFunk  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-22-08 09:36 PM

3. OK bye

BeHereNow  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-22-08 09:49 PM
Response to Reply #3

10. What does that mean MF?

Just curious to know...

What do you mean when you say "OK Bye?"

Damn, the beentherebefore primitive is dense.

I thought about doing a Freudian profile on the beentherebefore primitive, but there's just something about the dense stupidity of the beentherebefore primitive that I can't grasp.

melody  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-22-08 09:36 PM

4. Nonsense

America is its people. So long as we are here, America will be here. And perhaps (after we no longer have to be global police) we'll actually have some of the basic rights that other people have.

Hmmm.  One wonders what basic rights other people have, that we don't.

No point in asking the melodious primitive to tell us, though.

T.Ruth2power  (269 posts) Sun Jun-22-08 09:43 PM
Response to Reply #4

8. Well

so said the Romans...

Who's "we" in the global police thingie and who said the "we" had to?

Give up the ghost. America has been a culture of conquest from the very start. The path along american dreams is so very blood-stained. Best cover it up with stories.

melody  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-22-08 09:46 PM
Response to Reply #8

9. Britain was a culture of conquest, Britain is still here

You're talking about government not culture. Culture belongs to the people. Bush is far from pro-American. He never has been.

You give up your need to destroy us -- we'll always be here, as we all should be.

Incidentally, Rome is still there, too. I'm married to an Italian.

T.Ruth2power  (269 posts) Sun Jun-22-08 09:52 PM
Response to Reply #9

13. Britian is toast also

Ask the North Sea.

L-A-S-T

L-E-G-S

Easy to blame one murderous clown. Harder to see the historical stream.

The economic infrastructure such as it was has been thoroughly cannibalized over the last 60 years. The US economy is imploding at breakneck speed but like a dying empress using all the make-up possible to hide the decay.

melody  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-22-08 09:55 PM
Response to Reply #13

14. No, it's not -- the Brits have been there for centuries

If you want to comfort yourself with strange ideas of apocalypse, be my guest, but it's not going to happen. The people always survive.

My father repeated your very words to me while he stocked our closets with food and guns. The year was 1975 (P.S. we're still here)

leftchick  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-22-08 09:38 PM

5. burnt toast

Spock_is_Skeptical  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-22-08 09:40 PM

6. I like toast.

Old and In the Way  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-22-08 09:42 PM

7. The Project for a New American Century appears to be about 92 years short of its target. Seriously, the grand plans of these buffoons will pretty much guarantee our demise. Frankly, I wonder why any Democrat would want to preside over the Katrinization of our country.

Tutonic  (128 posts) Sun Jun-22-08 09:50 PM

11. Burnt. agree.

doublethink  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-22-08 09:51 PM

12. Nice rant ..... but your only answer to this dilemma of ours would be to 'Band together' ...

Could you please elaborate on that a bit more? Your solution to the problem. Specifics please. Just asking, in other words what do we do now? Your not saying us 'good people' amongst all this evil just 'give up' are you? thanks.

T.Ruth2power  (269 posts) Sun Jun-22-08 09:56 PM
Response to Reply #12

15. Where do you live?

There is no single answer and much of it depends on material geography and what is possible right where you live.

Feel free not to answer.

Ultimately all of the "solutions" are collective and must emanate from the grass roots.

Yeah, they're all stoned, excepting the melodious primitive, who wasted time at this bonfire.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Re: stoned primitives burn the toast
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 09:41:34 PM »
My gut tells me that T.Ruth2power isnt stoned either - that this primitive is actually a mole. s/he is every primitive rolled into one - a caricature..

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 10:48:42 PM »
I can remember the author of this,

"Two out of every five people in society is a savage.  In a polite society, they may not even be aware that they are savages.  They are constrained by the fear that society will react to the predations by sending men with guns to remove them.  Absent that one meager constraint, they will revert to the natural murdering, raping, looting savages they are."

It gives me pause to wonder, How many of these primitives are in fact savages?  Certainly it seems the ratio would be higher amongst the primitives than in the normal population.  We may see that now it is not only the restraint of men with guns, but also the petty bribery an thievery of welfare.  Why should they commit robbery when the government will do that for them, and at less effort. 

Remove the bribery and how many primitives would in short time become savages?  Remove the threat of men with guns and how many primitives nearly instantly become savages?
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 08:03:59 AM »
I can remember the author of this,

"Two out of every five people in society is a savage.  In a polite society, they may not even be aware that they are savages.  They are constrained by the fear that society will react to the predations by sending men with guns to remove them.  Absent that one meager constraint, they will revert to the natural murdering, raping, looting savages they are."

It gives me pause to wonder, How many of these primitives are in fact savages?  Certainly it seems the ratio would be higher amongst the primitives than in the normal population.  We may see that now it is not only the restraint of men with guns, but also the petty bribery an thievery of welfare.  Why should they commit robbery when the government will do that for them, and at less effort. 

Remove the bribery and how many primitives would in short time become savages?  Remove the threat of men with guns and how many primitives nearly instantly become savages?

H5.  You're good.  :bow: :bow: :bow:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 09:06:15 AM »
H5 from me too vagabond.

Man, that's either a mole or skinner is behind on the throazine spray.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle