Author Topic: Suspected Islamic Extremist Arrested in Alleged Florida Bomb Plot  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
Suspected Islamic Extremist Arrested in Alleged Florida Bomb Plot

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/09/suspected-islamic-extremist-arrested-in-florida-bomb-plot/#ixzz1izEeyzHG

A 25-year-old man described as an Islamic extremist was arrested in an alleged plot to attack crowded areas in the Tampa, Fla., area with a car bomb, assault rifle and other explosives, authorities said Monday.

The U.S. Department of Justice said Sami Osmakac, a naturalized U.S. citizen who was born in the former Yugoslavia, was arrested Saturday night.

Osmakac, from Pinellas County, allegedly told an undercover agent that "We all have to die, so why not die the Islamic way?'" according to a federal complaint.

A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Suspected Islamic Extremist Arrested in Alleged Florida Bomb Plot
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 01:52:18 PM »
they're among us. They walk and talk and breathe and conspire.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 02:02:30 PM »
they're among us. They walk and talk and breathe and conspire.
And they walk uncontested by the TSA. No searches. No suspicion.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 04:11:38 PM »
And they walk uncontested by the TSA. No searches. No suspicion.

And no profiling. God, the stoooooopid is strong with that one.

About 10 days ago Mrs E and I flew to Miami via Atlanta. In getting through security at the St. Louis airport, we encountered one of those morons who is so full of himself that he finds it necessary to bleat and bray and threaten and exhibit all manner of condescension when he browbeat the entire crowd in railing about f'n laptop computers - to have 'em out of the case. Oh, and bottled water. Apparently, carrying bottled water with you on board is now a federal offense.  :whatever:

I'm convinced that it's a requirement for the TSA to hire people who have the brains God gave a pineapple.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 10:18:56 PM »
And no profiling. God, the stoooooopid is strong with that one.

About 10 days ago Mrs E and I flew to Miami via Atlanta. In getting through security at the St. Louis airport, we encountered one of those morons who is so full of himself that he finds it necessary to bleat and bray and threaten and exhibit all manner of condescension when he browbeat the entire crowd in railing about f'n laptop computers - to have 'em out of the case. Oh, and bottled water. Apparently, carrying bottled water with you on board is now a federal offense.  :whatever:

I'm convinced that it's a requirement for the TSA to hire people who have the brains God gave a pineapple.

You must have gotten the same stupid TSA guy that I generally get in St Louis, when travelling to see the family. They are absolutely terrible there. The only thing that's helped was the last few times I requested a wheelchair when I booked the flight (before my knee surgery). I honestly would have a hard time pulling my luggage and getting to the gate in time the way my knee was. But they cut me a tiny bit of slack when I was rolled up by the porter like a piece of luggage. I got through quicker, but still had to endure all the cr__ from the TSA. I can asure you that I in no way look like a terrorist. :-)