Author Topic: 'Airline terror plotters planned bigger 9/11'  (Read 1880 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
'Airline terror plotters planned bigger 9/11'
« on: April 03, 2008, 02:42:18 PM »
A gang of British Muslims plotted to cause carnage "on an almost unprecedented scale" by detonating up to 18 suicide bombs on transatlantic passenger flights, a court has heard.

In what would have been the worst terrorist atrocity since the September 11, 2001 attacks on the US, the eight defendants planned to kill hundreds and possibly thousands of passengers "all in the name of Islam", it is alleged.

The plotters were allegedly "almost ready" to carry out their plans to detonate liquid explosives on board at least seven flights from Heathrow to the US and Canada.

Their plans were allegedly so advanced that they had drawn up details of specific flights to be targeted and bought the components needed to make hydrogen peroxide bombs disguised as soft drinks such as Lucozade and Oasis.

But they were arrested before they were able to make "a violent and deadly statement of intent that would have truly global impact", a jury was told.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/04/04/nterror104.xml

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: 'Airline terror plotters planned bigger 9/11'
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 02:45:54 PM »
Holy shit.

Such a thin thread exists between us and terrorist plots. They obviously suspected them of something for a while since they were under surveillance. And to think that all of the plans were on a flash drive in his pocket. It's a good thing I guess.

Scary stuff.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 02:49:19 PM »
I sure bet that nobody was listening to their phone calls to known/suspected terrorist/orginizations.................... :whatever:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Flame

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 02:50:36 PM »
But there is no threat from terrorism...just ask the DumpMonkies, they'll tell  you!  It's all Bush yelling out "Terra terra" to keep the sheeple in line!!

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 02:52:14 PM »
I was really inconvenienced by the ban on fluids and hand luggage as I went on vacation a few days after it was introduced.  I know now that they had reason ... putting everything in my check in luggage doesn't seem so bad now.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 02:53:59 PM »
I was really inconvenienced by the ban on fluids and hand luggage as I went on vacation a few days after it was introduced.  I know now that they had reason ... putting everything in my check in luggage doesn't seem so bad now.

It's amazing how one's perception can change.  Too bad the DUmb****s won't ever see that.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.