Author Topic: Clinton's April Fools joke  (Read 2008 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Clinton's April Fools joke
« on: April 01, 2008, 04:37:17 PM »
This was funny.  I saw video of it on Fox News Channel, and Hillary was pretty good on this.

By BETH FOUHY, Associated Press Writer
Tue Apr 1, 1:44 PM ET

PHILADELPHIA - Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton walked somberly into a press conference Tuesday and stood before microphones. Reporters tensed, sensing something big might be afoot.

"This has been a very hard fought race," she said. "We clearly need to do something so that our party and our people can make the right decision. So, I have a proposal."

The tension grew. Reporters shifted in their seats. Was she dropping out of the race? Offering to join rival Barack Obama as his running mate?

April Fools!

"Today, I am challenging Senator Obama to a bowl-off," Clinton said, provoking relieved laughs from the assembled scribes.

Considering that he bowled a 37 a few nights ago, my four year old nephew could beat Obama in a bowl-off . . .

The rest is at:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080401/ap_on_el_pr/clinton_april_fools
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Clinton's April Fools joke
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 04:40:18 PM »
She doesn't have a sense of humor. 

She shouldn't try.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 04:41:18 PM »

She shouldn't try.

She actually had a decent delivery on this.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 09:43:42 AM »

She shouldn't try.

I thought it was funny, well as funny as Hillary can be.

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 09:53:26 AM »
This was funny.  I saw video of it on Fox News Channel, and Hillary was pretty good on this.

By BETH FOUHY, Associated Press Writer
Tue Apr 1, 1:44 PM ET

PHILADELPHIA - Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton walked somberly into a press conference Tuesday and stood before microphones. Reporters tensed, sensing something big might be afoot.

"This has been a very hard fought race," she said. "We clearly need to do something so that our party and our people can make the right decision. So, I have a proposal."

The tension grew. Reporters shifted in their seats. Was she dropping out of the race? Offering to join rival Barack Obama as his running mate?

April Fools!

"Today, I am challenging Senator Obama to a bowl-off," Clinton said, provoking relieved laughs from the assembled scribes.

Considering that he bowled a 37 a few nights ago, my four year old nephew could beat Obama in a bowl-off . . .

The rest is at:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080401/ap_on_el_pr/clinton_april_fools
He bowled a 37, damn my cat could beat him.  :-)
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 11:34:13 AM »
Hillary is used to carrying balls, and the obamanation isn't.   :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 04:42:41 PM »
Hillary is used to carrying balls, and the obamanation isn't.   :-)

So . . . you're saying that Hillary would break 200, say? :tongue: :p :rotf:

Chase her.