Author Topic: FBI: Eco-Terrorism Remains No. 1 Domestic Terror Threat  (Read 1540 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
FBI: Eco-Terrorism Remains No. 1 Domestic Terror Threat
« on: April 01, 2008, 06:55:35 AM »
For nearly seven years, the nation has turned its terror focus on Al Qaeda and the hunt for Usama bin Laden. But there is a domestic terror threat that federal officials still consider priority No. 1 — eco-terrorism.

The torching of luxury homes in the swank Seattle suburb of Woodinville earlier this month served as a reminder that the decades-long war with militant environmentalists on American soil has not ended.

"It remains what we would probably consider the No. 1 domestic terrorism threat, because they have successfully continued to conduct different types of attacks in and around the country," said FBI Special Agent Richard Kolko.

The FBI defines eco-terrorism "as the use or threatened use of violence of a criminal nature against innocent victims or property by an environmentally oriented, subnational group for environmental-political reasons, or aimed at an audience beyond the target, often of a symbolic nature."

For years, officials have battled against members of shadowy groups such as the Earth Liberation Front and its brother-in-arms, the Animal Liberation Front. Law enforcement has made strides prosecuting cells, but it's been unable to end the arsons that have plagued developments encroaching on rural lands in the West.

More at the link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,343768,00.html

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: FBI: Eco-Terrorism Remains No. 1 Domestic Terror Threat
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 09:24:45 AM »
Didn't we have a libtard tell us that it wasn't eco-terrorism???
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 09:48:31 AM »
Didn't we have a libtard tell us that it wasn't eco-terrorism???

They were non peer reviewed groups.................so yes they couldn't be eco-terrorist
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 09:49:45 AM »
Some of the largest eco-terrorist organizations.

1. SELC................Southern Environment Law Center
2. AS....................Audubon Society
3. DoW................Defenders of Wildlife

While not firebombing or burnings things down. These three terrorist after asking to be brought to the table to work out some problems at the Cape Hatteras National Seashore and Recreation Area...........went and filed a lawsuit...........they said they wouldn't file a lawsuit if allowed at the table.................I guess I forgot about the primitives...........they lie, they lie all the time.

Now it seems that these same groups are also going to bring a lawsuit to Cape Lookout National Seashore and Recreation Area when Judge Terrance Bowles makes his ruling.

What's it all for..............................the most evil spawn of Satan

Funny thing is.....................21 of these evil incarnations have been killed by vehicles. 20 of them were the NPS and the USFW.  :rotf:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 09:51:18 AM by Crazy Horse »
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline JohnMatrix

• admirer of Sir Edward Tylor
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 10:04:43 AM »
does PETA count?
LadyLiberty does not like my mother because I speak Spanish to her in public.

yes snuggly bunny, i voted for RON PAUL.

Mr.Mann is obsessed with me.