Author Topic: Fla. Dems Abandon Primary Re-Vote Plan  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Fla. Dems Abandon Primary Re-Vote Plan
« on: March 17, 2008, 05:56:49 PM »
Fla. Dems Abandon Primary Re-Vote Plan

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Facing strong opposition, Florida Democrats on Monday abandoned plans to hold a do-over presidential primary with a mail-in vote and threw the delegate dispute into the lap of the national party.

While the decision by Florida Democrats left the state's 210 delegates in limbo, Democrats in Michigan moved closer to holding another contest on June 3. Legislative leaders reviewed a measure Monday that would set up a privately funded, state-administered do-over primary, The Associated Press learned.

Florida Democratic Party chairwoman Karen L. Thurman sent a letter announcing the decision.

"A party-run primary or caucus has been ruled out, and it's simply not possible for the state to hold another election, even if the party were to pay for it," Thurman said. "... This doesn't mean that Democrats are giving up on Florida voters. It means that a solution will have to come from the DNC Rules & Bylaws Committee, which is scheduled to meet again in April."

Members of Florida's congressional delegation unanimously opposed the plan, and Barack Obama expressed concern about the security of a mail-in vote organized so quickly.

:popcorn:

MORE

He FL dims..."every vote counts" right????  *crickets*

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

Re: Fla. Dems Abandon Primary Re-Vote Plan
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 11:36:04 PM »
well... that ended with a wimper..  :popcorn:

Offline djones520

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 02:41:57 AM »
So I may still get a chance for Michigan...  shall I vote Hillary or Obama?  Which one would be more damaging to them...
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 04:45:36 AM »
So I may still get a chance for Michigan...  shall I vote Hillary or Obama?  Which one would be more damaging to them...

If you can, Messalina Agrippina's your man.

No point in giving the Obamanation a chance to increase his margin by one vote.

Remember, the "plan" is to have this drag out until August, and thereafter.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 09:40:00 PM »

If you can, Messalina Agrippina's your man.

No point in giving the Obamanation a chance to increase his margin by one vote.

Remember, the "plan" is to have this drag out until August, and thereafter.

Frank is right on target