Author Topic: Report: Spitzer to Make Announcment Following Admission of 'Involvement' With Pr  (Read 11045 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Prostitute for the Night $4300
Nite at the Plaza $700
Being Featured in a criminal indictment at the Smokinggun.com Priceless.

:lmao: :rotf:

$5,000 is a lot for prostitutes. However being shamed on The Smoking Gun on criminal indictment is for a lifetime, with not price.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
He's got at least on fan on TOS. Although Spitzer apparently "paid too much". *eyeroll*
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Prostitute for the Night $4300
Nite at the Plaza $700
Being Featured in a criminal indictment at the Smokinggun.com Priceless.

:lmao: :rotf:

$5,000 is a lot for prostitutes. However being shamed on The Smoking Gun on criminal indictment is for a lifetime, with not price.

One of the local radio talk show hosts in Albany ssaid it was $6500.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
He's got at least on fan on TOS. Although Spitzer apparently "paid too much". *eyeroll*

Let me guess...was it Leisure Suit Larry?
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline BlueStateSaint

People who adamently say they are not going to resign, usually end up resigning. I am not surprised by Spitzer.

Greta Van Sustern, and Judge Andrew Napolitano, were both speculating that what was going on in between his press conference and what could be happening soon is that he's cutting a deal with Federal prosecutors to resign in exchange for not being prosecuted for the wire transfers.  Also, it is reported that he needed to be reminded of just who "Kristen" was, and that he had money "on account," which means that he had done this before.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Airwolf

People who adamently say they are not going to resign, usually end up resigning. I am not surprised by Spitzer.

Greta Van Sustern, and Judge Andrew Napolitano, were both speculating that what was going on in between his press conference and what could be happening soon is that he's cutting a deal with Federal prosecutors to resign in exchange for not being prosecuted for the wire transfers.  Also, it is reported that he needed to be reminded of just who "Kristen" was, and that he had money "on account," which means that he had done this before.

D"oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Elliot Spitzer made lots of enemies and you would think he would be more careful about it.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline SemiSpook

• Contractor Puke
  • Probationary (Probie)
  • Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There a
Well, at least he didn't come out and say he was gay. Although that would have been quite hilarious.

Seriously, though, I heard the audio, then I saw a repeat of the presser. Mrs. Spitzer looked like hell. After what he pulled, I think that whole "rebuilding trust" issue is moot. If I did that to my wife, there'd be just a spokesman with her, and the only thing that would remain of me would be my balls.

What an ass, especially since Spitzer made it a point to praise himself for taking down prostitution rings while he was DA/AG. Yet that side of the aisle has the audacity to crucify a conservative or center-right person over the same issue. I hope he resigns, because with the whole laundering issue, that's a sure ticket to Federal Pound-me-in-the-ass prison, and I don't think having the state legislature going through an impeachment process is going to make things any easier.
I would beg to differ with the notion that the current administration is *NOT* the most transparent in history. It certainly is...because you can see right through them.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Well, at least he didn't come out and say he was gay. Although that would have been quite hilarious.

Seriously, though, I heard the audio, then I saw a repeat of the presser. Mrs. Spitzer looked like hell. After what he pulled, I think that whole "rebuilding trust" issue is moot. If I did that to my wife, there'd be just a spokesman with her, and the only thing that would remain of me would be my balls.

What an ass, especially since Spitzer made it a point to praise himself for taking down prostitution rings while he was DA/AG. Yet that side of the aisle has the audacity to crucify a conservative or center-right person over the same issue. I hope he resigns, because with the whole laundering issue, that's a sure ticket to Federal Pound-me-in-the-ass prison, and I don't think having the state legislature going through an impeachment process is going to make things any easier.

I don't get it either. He busted up prostitution rings. He had a lot of enemies. Oh and welcome to CC. Bugs Bunny sucks.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline SemiSpook

• Contractor Puke
  • Probationary (Probie)
  • Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There a
I don't get it either. He busted up prostitution rings. He had a lot of enemies. Oh and welcome to CC. Bugs Bunny sucks.

Is that for an extra $250 an hour?  :-)
I would beg to differ with the notion that the current administration is *NOT* the most transparent in history. It certainly is...because you can see right through them.

Offline Lauri

i cant believe he pays 5500 bucks for sex... is he that big of a degenerate that his own wife wont do stuff with him?

Offline Lacarnut

i cant believe he pays 5500 bucks for sex... is he that big of a degenerate that his own wife wont do stuff with him?

Spitzer is rich and like many politicians he thinks he is above the law and thinks he can get away with anything. He is a sick SOB to haul his wife up on that platfrom.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant

From everything I've read and seen of him...he's pretty damn arrogant.

Bragging about busting people for the very same thing he's doing and thinking he won't get cuaght seems to fit his personality.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline BlueStateSaint

From everything I've read and seen of him...he's pretty damn arrogant.

Bragging about busting people for the very same thing he's doing and thinking he won't get cuaght seems to fit his personality.

One of the accountants down at work is married to the "press secretary" for Spitzer.  He just told me that he wasn't sure that he'd see his wife last night, from all of the calls coming in.  He confirms that Spitzer is unbelievably arrogant.  So, then, one could conclude that this couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Chase her.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
How does his wife not notice the tens of thousands of dollars that were being spent?   
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lacarnut

How does his wife not notice the tens of thousands of dollars that were being spent?   

He is rich and probably has numerous checking & savings accounts, hedge fund accounts, money market, stock, CD's, etc. However, if he was dipping into the public till or taking payoffs, he is in big trouble. If that is the case, he will be looking at hard time behind bars.

Offline Chris_

The amount the AP claimed is $80,000.  That's a lot, even on a Governor's salary.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

Okay, word now is that he'll resign tomorrow.   :whatever:   

I think it's going to take impeachment to get him out of office. 

Offline Lauri

well, til he does... we now have t shirts  :-)

"Client 9" T-shirts hit the Web

Tue Mar 11, 2:59 PM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Who really is "Client 9?"

The New York Times says it's the code name for New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer in court papers that link him to a prostitution ring, but now anyone can be "Client 9" with T-shirts available online just a day after the scandal broke.

From simply "Client 9" with a large lipstick smooch over the top to "Just Call Me CLIENT 9," designers on Web sites like www.cafepress.com and www.zazzle.com are cashing in on reports that Spitzer had hired a high-priced prostitute.

"Look like a governor in this stylish CLIENT 9 design," one designer advertises on www.cafepress.com.

The two online retail sites allow designers to upload their own graphics to print on products such as T-shirts and mugs.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant

It would seem that she doesn't care:

NEW YORK —  The New York Times reports Silda Wall Spitzer is urging her disgraced husband not to resign, according to close aides of the governor.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,336688,00.html

Liberals and their need for power...laws ethics and morals be dammed as long as you've got the power

Offline BlueStateSaint

From what I heard Sheldon Silver (the Dem Speaker of the Assembly of NY) say this morning, impeachment isn't going to happen . . . unless the 66% of NYers surveyed by Marist College call their Assemblymen and demand it.

Chase her.

Offline Chris_

From what I heard Sheldon Silver (the Dem Speaker of the Assembly of NY) say this morning, impeachment isn't going to happen . . . unless the 66% of NYers surveyed by Marist College call their Assemblymen and demand it.
According to a radio report this morning, 70% of the public believe he should resign, and 66% are in favor of impeachment.  The reporter did not quote the source of the poll, but I found a story here:

MORE

$80k for a Ho is a lot of money to try to hide.  Wonder if she paid taxes on that.   ::)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 07:33:51 AM by lug-nut »

Offline ReardenSteel

It's done.

Wow, talk about "in with a bang, out with a whimper".  ::)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Lauri

yeah, I think the after effects will be far more interesting.

according to Piro, on FOX, Spitzer has 'the best lawyer' on the planet now, so she is inferring that Spitzer is going to be facing federal charges that are pretty serious.

as for his wife, it was reported that she didnt want him to resign and as a lawyer herself and married to such an arrogant, aggressive guy... maybe she's that aggressive and arrogant herself?

Offline ReardenSteel

yeah, I think the after effects will be far more interesting.

according to Piro, on FOX, Spitzer has 'the best lawyer' on the planet now, so she is inferring that Spitzer is going to be facing federal charges that are pretty serious.

as for his wife, it was reported that she didnt want him to resign and as a lawyer herself and married to such an arrogant, aggressive guy... maybe she's that aggressive and arrogant herself?

No doubt the headlines are far from over. I also have no doubt that the coverage downright ugly in it's one-sidedness. It's particularly sad to me as this guy was an immoral creep long before he got into his current mess.  :banghead:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826