Author Topic: Police Sgt. Kimberly Munley credited with ending Fort Hood gunman Maj. Nidal Mal  (Read 7422 times)

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Obama better award her with a Presidential Medal of Freedom.

what are you talking about?  she hunted him down in the building and shot him, just because he was muslim!  she should be prosecuted! [/DU mode]

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Obama better award her with a Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Sorry; that award is reserved only for those who feel free to trash America and American exceptionalism.  Sgt. Munley doesn't qualify; all she did was bring down a traitor worthy to make Benedict Arnold and the Rosenbergs embarrassed to be in such company.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

How long before the DUmmies start disparaging this fine officer and trying to find dirt on her personal life? 5...4...3...2...1
There's this thread.

Offline Chris_

According to what I heard on Fox earlier....Hasan's on a ventilator and unconscious.

ABC just interrupted regular programming....Obama's going to speak....

What's he doing on a ventilator?  Sgt. Munley already ventilated his sorry ass adequately.

Isn't that another way for a Moose-Limb to get turned away at the gates of heaven: getting burned down by a woman?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
4 hits?

Damn good shooting under combat conditions.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
There's this thread.

DU AdBot comes through again!   :rotf:

DU AdBot (1000+ posts)      Fri Nov 06th 2009, 03:01 PM
Response to Original message
Advertisements [?]

Become A Police Officer
SWAT, K9, Narcotics, CSI & More. Online Degrees For Police Careers
www.Public-Service.US/PoliceCareers

US Military Medals
Genuine Medals, Displays & Mounting Veteran-Staffed Customer Service.
www.USMilitaryStuff.com

Real Jobs 4 Real Heroes
Jobs for retired Police & Military Sign up & post a resume Free
www.retiredheroes.com
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
In a posting on her Twitter page before the shooting, she wrote: "I live a good life....a hard one, but I go to sleep peacefully @ night knowing that I may have made a difference in someone's life."

Munley's brother Daniel Barbour told ABC News that his sister had been shot three times in the hand and the leg.
One of the bullets pierced an artery, requiring her to undergo surgery Friday.

The diminutive Munley - she stands 5-foot-4 and weighs about 120 pounds - served as a cop in Wrightsville Beach,
N.C., before she moved to Texas to enlist in the military, friends said.

She is married with two daughters and is no longer in the armed forces.

"She's the happiest, sweetest, most fun-loving girl you'd ever want to be friends with - and never want to cross," Peterson said.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline jinxmchue

In a posting on her Twitter page before the shooting, she wrote: "I live a good life....a hard one, but I go to sleep peacefully @ night knowing that I may have made a difference in someone's life."

Munley's brother Daniel Barbour told ABC News that his sister had been shot three times in the hand and the leg.

The diminutive Munley - she stands 5-foot-4 and weighs about 120 pounds - served as a cop in Wrightsville Beach,

"She's the happiest, sweetest, most fun-loving girl you'd ever want to be friends with - and never want to cross," Peterson said.

I'm sure she doesn't feel like a hero and will brush off any and all attempts to portray her that way, but that's what real heroes do and have always done.  God be with her and her family.  I'm sure all they care about is that their wife and mommy is alive and safe.

Offline Chris_

I think that's called GUN CONTROL!

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator

Wow...how prophetic!

She certainly made a difference in a lot of people's lives yesterday. Many were able to go safely home to their beds because of her.

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline jinxmchue

Wow...how prophetic!

She certainly made a difference in a lot of people's lives yesterday. Many were able to go safely home to their beds because of her.

I wouldn't be too quick to make is seem like she'll be sleeping peacefully after this.  I'm sure she's going to have to deal with the nagging feeling - realistic or not - that she could've done something more to save the people who were killed.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
I wouldn't be too quick to make is seem like she'll be sleeping peacefully after this.  I'm sure she's going to have to deal with the nagging feeling - realistic or not - that she could've done something more to save the people who were killed.

I would think everyone who was there and even those weren't inside will have feelings for a very long time of wondering what they could/should have done.....and also of survivor guilt. Wondering how a pregnant woman can die right next to them and yet they may not have even been hit....

It's going to be tough for many people for a very long time.

The SOB is in a coma.

He shouldn't survive this.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
Wishing Sgt. Munley a speedy recovery, and praying the gunman suffers a long, slow, debilitating death.

Offline Airwolf

Best wishes to Sgt Munley and her family.Thank you for ending a day of horror that should never have happened to start with.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 01:23:06 AM by Airwolf »
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
She deserves... no, she has EARNED... every level of respect and admiration from each of her countrymen. I fully expect that Obama and all of Congress will recognize that and show her the respect they should (but I'm not holding my breath).

Our president, and his Army Chief of Staff, are concerned that Sgt. Munley has made Maj. Nidal the first victim of a backlash against muslims. 

Offline jinxmchue

Our president, and his Army Chief of Staff, are concerned that Sgt. Munley has made Maj. Nidal the first victim of a backlash against muslims. 

Well, quite frankly, our Dear Leader and his Army pal can go **** themselves.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

:yeahthat:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Airwolf

Twice in fact.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
I think someone needs to tell them to grab their ankles and get it from behind
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
If only someone like her was at VA Tech that horrible day. :(

God bless her and pray for a speedy recovery.

Offline Peter3_1

Has Barry or has Barry not expressed gratitude for Sgt. Munley's heroism and saving lives of persons in his command? WELL, HAS HE?