Author Topic: Republican Scozzafava Suspends New York Congressional Campaign  (Read 7092 times)

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Republican Scozzafava Suspends New York Congressional Campaign
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 11:03:18 AM »
Scuzzy is now apparently backing the Democrat in the race.

Wait, didn't Newt say she was the future of the GOP? That we conservatives were the traitors. hhhmmmm

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2009, 12:05:55 PM »
Scuzzy is now apparently backing the Democrat in the race.

Wait, didn't Newt say she was the future of the GOP? That we conservatives were the traitors. hhhmmmm

To be fair to Scuzzy(?), there was a piece on RedState maybe a week or so ago to the effect that she was considering defecting to the Dems anyway.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2009, 02:33:23 PM »
What a piece of feces.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2009, 02:36:15 PM »
SCOZZAFAVA THROWS SUPPORT TO OWENS

sure am glad that Newt told us to support the person with the R, even though it seems to me like the Dems had two candidates in this race.

Everybody go home, Newt just puked in the fish tank.  This party is dead. 

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2009, 02:38:04 PM »
I hereby retract my "classy" statement upthread.  :thatsright:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2009, 03:56:42 PM »
She can throw support to the dem but don`t think that will amount to much.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2009, 03:57:21 PM »
Color me shocked.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline thundley4

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2009, 03:59:17 PM »
I'm waiting for Newt to say he was wrong in backing her over the real conservative in the race

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2009, 04:03:45 PM »
I'm waiting for Newt to say he was wrong in backing her over the real conservative in the race

You might be waiting awhile.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2009, 04:30:08 PM »
Well at least Newt has finally realized that Hannity was right when he said Obama was evil.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline thundley4

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2009, 04:34:31 PM »
You might be waiting awhile.

I predict he will admit it on the 12th of Never.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2009, 04:39:02 PM »
Newt's stock just fell 100 points. In fact, his endorsement of Scuzzy makes me question him seriously.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline d206s

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2009, 04:49:38 PM »
It's almost pathetic how long it took the establishment Republicans to get the message.
I'm finished with Newt, Ridge, etc ...........
Time for them to retreat to their Country Clubs and play golf with 'the one'.

Regards

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2009, 04:55:59 PM »
Party leaders — including Mr. Steele and Newt Gingrich, the former House speaker — had argued that local parties should be permitted to pick candidates that most closely mirror the sentiments of the district, even if those candidates vary from Republican orthodoxy on some issues.

“This makes life more complicated from the standpoint of this: If we get into a cycle where every time one side loses, they run a third-party candidate, we’ll make Pelosi speaker for life and guarantee Obama’s re-election,” said Mr. Gingrich, who had endorsed Ms. Scozzafava.

“I felt very deeply that when you have all 11 county chairman voting for someone, that it wasn’t appropriate for me to come in and render my judgment,” he said. “I think we are going to get into a very difficult environment around the country if suddenly conservative leaders decide they are going to anoint people without regard to local primaries and local choices.”

I agree with Newt. I'd rather control the House and Senate, however it's done. If you want to influence who the candidate is, go after those 11 county chairmen's seats, don't attack the party's candidate. What's been done has been effective, and Hoffman may be the better candidate, but it was a reactionary and lazy way to get it done.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2009, 04:59:35 PM »
I agree with Newt. I'd rather control the House and Senate, however it's done. If you want to influence who the candidate is, go after those 11 county chairmen's seats, don't attack the party's candidate. What's been done has been effective, and Hoffman may be the better candidate, but it was a reactionary and lazy way to get it done.

Maybe, just maybe those 11 will be voted out next time.  Did all eleven choose Scozzafava, or was there a split vote?  Then again, maybe in a primary the voters would have picked Hoffman to start with.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2009, 05:04:47 PM »

For her to stab the party in the back and endorse the Democrat, it seems that they didn't have the reins on her in the least and she is just looking for the most $$$ from anyone who'll pay her it for her signet stamp.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 09:12:27 PM by Odin's Hand »
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline bkg

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2009, 06:51:03 PM »
This is what happens when you throw your energy into a party rather than an ideology.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2009, 10:21:31 PM »
It was lazy to not hold a primary and just do a backroom deal.  Actually there was a lot of laziness all the way around in the Republican Establishment and the Conservative Party did what it was set up to do when that happens.

It's like what happened in Honduras which the mainstream media insists on calling a coup when what happened is what was set up to happen when certain circumstances were met.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2009, 06:22:47 AM »

Horseshit.  We let the party leadership in NH pick the candidates, and all they did was put up limp-dick RINO's instead of conservatives who got their heads handed to them.  We're now basically North Massholistan, and Fergus the Mouth-Breather got thrown out on his ass, to be replaced by John "Papa Doc" Sununu.  We'll see if he listens.  So far, the signs (Kelly Ayotte for Judd Gregg's Senate seat, Frank Gunita for Che's 1CD seat) are promising, but I want to see what they're going to do on the LOCAL (state Rep and Senate) level.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2009, 12:16:18 PM »
Scozzafava now appearing at Owens rallies (Hat Tip to Hot Air for link)
http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20091102/NEWS05/311029955

What next? Making sure Owens gets Scozzafava's fraudulent ACORN votes?  :p
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2009, 12:29:55 PM »
Scozzafava now appearing at Owens rallies (Hat Tip to Hot Air for link)
http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20091102/NEWS05/311029955

Probably.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2009, 03:43:38 PM »

Not quite...but almost as bad:

With this in mind, one has to wonder how media are going to report the news that Scozzafava has actually recorded a "robocall" for Democrat candidate Bill Owens

Hi, this is Dede Scozzafava calling on behalf of Bill Owens.  And I wanted to let you know that I am supporting Bill for Congress.

Since beginning my campaign I have said that this election is not about me, it’s about the people of this district.  It’s not in the cards for me to be your representative but I strongly believe Bill Owens is the only candidate who can build upon John McHugh’s lasting legacy in Congress.

In Bill Owens I see a sense of duty and integrity.  He will be an independent voice, devoted to doing what is right for New York.  To address the tough challenges ahead we must rise above partisanship and politics, and work together.

Please join me in voting for Bill Owens on Tuesday.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/11/02/what-will-media-think-scozzafavas-robocall-owens

Hey Newt...how'd that endorsement thing work out for you?

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2009, 04:00:48 PM »
I'd really like to know how much $$ she got from the RNC for her campaign.

Mr. Steele, this is why the Republican Party no longer gets any $$ from me.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7