Author Topic: BREAKING: Dems Go Nuclear on Obamacare  (Read 7545 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: BREAKING: Dems Go Nuclear on Obamacare
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2009, 12:26:18 PM »

Right.....and while I would like to see them have to pay taxes....what it will do the presidential and congressional races is frightening....

Then you would have a full-on Civil War.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2009, 12:36:46 PM »

Right.....and while I would like to see them have to pay taxes....what it will do the presidential and congressional races is frightening....

I would question how many taxes it would generate beyond what they may pay now in the way of sales tax.
Unless they moved up the employment scale I don`t see much and would guess they will avail themselves of public services even more then now.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2009, 01:10:18 PM »
I would question how many taxes it would generate beyond what they may pay now in the way of sales tax.
Unless they moved up the employment scale I don`t see much and would guess they will avail themselves of public services even more then now.

You should see all the work they do around here (this area)

Construction, landscaping (do you have any idea how much they charge to mow a lawn these days? the guy that does my foreclosures charges a minimum of $60 for a biweekly mow. :o), restaurant kitchen work, hotel staff.

While they aren't doing "white collar" jobs or working in factories.....they are making pretty good money because they are willing to work such long hours. The ones doing construction work from daylight to dark, and if they are doing interior work, will often work later.

Lot of money being paid out in cash....and no taxes are paid on it.

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2009, 01:20:55 PM »
Yes, that compromise was quite clever. It still contributes to the mess, though :)

No, what contributed to the mess was the 17th Amendment, which effectively changed the Senate to another House of Representatives.  The Senate was originally supposed to represent the states themselves, and as such, were appointed by the several state governors and approved by the state legislatures.  This system basically ensured that we wouldn't have what we have now, with Robert Byrd, Ted Kennedy, Strom Thurmond, et al, serving for life, but as temporary servants of the state.  Each state was equally represented, the same as the people were equally (as best as could be practiced) represented.  Making the election of Senators direct from the popular vote ensured that the incumbent just had to "bring home the bacon" and they could stay forever.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2009, 01:29:43 PM »

You should see all the work they do around here (this area)

Construction, landscaping (do you have any idea how much they charge to mow a lawn these days? the guy that does my foreclosures charges a minimum of $60 for a biweekly mow. :o), restaurant kitchen work, hotel staff.

While they aren't doing "white collar" jobs or working in factories.....they are making pretty good money because they are willing to work such long hours. The ones doing construction work from daylight to dark, and if they are doing interior work, will often work later.

Lot of money being paid out in cash....and no taxes are paid on it.

More a curious question then anything but what would make them go above the table after an amnesty.
Both parties are already breaking the law so why change?

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2009, 02:10:11 PM »
More a curious question then anything but what would make them go above the table after an amnesty.
Both parties are already breaking the law so why change?

Good point.

Those contracting for the work will have to pay more.

Hard telling what the illegals will want.

Just an FYI....not sure if my guy is a US citizen or not...he's from England. But I know he pays taxes, because he's a direct vendor for the bank....and I know they submit a 1099 on him. His wife is US born.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2009, 02:19:02 PM »
Good point.

Those contracting for the work will have to pay more.

Hard telling what the illegals will want.

Just an FYI....not sure if my guy is a US citizen or not...he's from England. But I know he pays taxes, because he's a direct vendor for the bank....and I know they submit a 1099 on him. His wife is US born.

If they are filing a 1099 I would imagine everything is above board as that would be too easy for the IRS to jump on with that documentation.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2009, 02:32:48 PM »
If they are filing a 1099 I would imagine everything is above board as that would be too easy for the IRS to jump on with that documentation.

The only way I can use someone without a 1099, is to hire them directly, pay them myself and then submit an invoice and get reimbursed. And it's a real hassle to get reimbursed :banghead:.

It's so much easier for me to use this person. I request a work order for him at a specific price that he sends a quote in writing...then it goes into his queue, he does the work, sends in pictures of completed work with the invoice and I don't have to do anything except make sure to submit the info for the work order. He lets me know if there's any hold up that I need to get involved in....which isn't very often.

At my own house...we pay cash paper money after the work is done.

Having had someone with a business and having had someone that I'm not sure is legal....I'll take the one that may or may not be legal. It's been my experience around here, that those who work the hardest and quickest ...may or may not be legal. We have found out about them with the help of one of the priests at our church.

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2009, 06:05:50 AM »
Do even the illegals like what is going on with this?   Wrecking health care is not on their agenda either.  They want on the gravy train, not to wreck it.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2009, 08:32:48 AM »
Do even the illegals like what is going on with this?   Wrecking health care is not on their agenda either.  They want on the gravy train, not to wreck it.
Bet they regret letting ACORN and LULAC tell them who to vote for.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2009, 10:23:59 AM »

You're assuming they care.  People getting handed free stuff hand over fist don't usually think about how the consequences will affect them.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2009, 03:13:46 PM »
Bet they regret letting ACORN and LULAC tell them who to vote for.

Little late for regrets now.  I regret wasting my vote on Juan McLame back in November, but crying over that isn't even going to slow down the Marxist Express train we're on now.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.