Author Topic: I hate anyone with any variation of Texas in their screen name......  (Read 15276 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
I'm seriously jealous of anyone living in Texas.  I want to come home so badly.  :bawl:

Offline YupItsMe

Re: I hate anyone with any variation of Texas in their screen name......
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 04:20:31 PM »
I'm seriously jealous of anyone living in Texas.  I want to come home so badly.  :bawl:

Things could be worse, you could've moved to VT.  See look up. :)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 04:22:53 PM »

Yeah, I figured by now California would be growing on you.

Like a fungus.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 04:25:36 PM »
I never really cared for the LA area. San Diego was pretty nice. I'm not real sure I'm glad I'm back home in Texas, with a couple of exceptions. If my area had more job opportunities, I'd probably be happier.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 04:31:45 PM »
Good thing I don't have Texas in my name.  Phew!

I moved here when I was in school, and got stuck.  Geographically speaking, I am not fond of it, but there are alot worse.  And, given the fact that I have over 30 years of friends and support network here, it just seems silly to go. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 04:37:35 PM »
Good thing I don't have Texas in my name.  Phew!

I moved here when I was in school, and got stuck.  Geographically speaking, I am not fond of it, but there are alot worse.  And, given the fact that I have over 30 years of friends and support network here, it just seems silly to go. 

But you DO have the Texas flag and the state flower as your avatar..........
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 04:37:39 PM »
Oh how I love living in Texas.

BEG, hang in there guhlfren.

:-)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 04:43:31 PM by THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ! »

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 04:40:14 PM »
But you DO have the Texas flag and the state flower as your avatar..........

SSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!!  Icksnay on the Vataray.....K?

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 04:42:54 PM »

SSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!!  Icksnay on the Vataray.....K?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 04:52:37 PM »
It is hard on you, BEG, because it wasn't a choice.  You had to move.  Your freedom to live in Texas was taken from you.

I'm glad I'm not you.   :tongue:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 05:25:02 PM »
I've been in exile for 22 years.

Just think how you'll feel when you've been on the left coast for 22 years!   :evillaugh:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 05:27:24 PM »

Things could be worse, you could've moved to VT.  See look up. :)

Hey, except for the bitter cold in the winter, the brutal humidity and bugs in the summer, Vermont is way better than California.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 05:28:29 PM »
Hey, except for the bitter cold in the winter, the brutal humidity and bugs in the summer, Vermont is way better than California.
You mean the ground stays where God put it and half the state doesn't burn every year?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 05:40:09 PM »

And the ****ing moonbats in Montpelier, Rutland, Burlington, etc. . . . And those that come over from Noo Yawk!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 06:03:16 PM »
I've been in exile for 22 years.

Just think how you'll feel when you've been on the left coast for 22 years!   :evillaugh:

She'll be giving the proud2bedumbass and greenbrier a run for their money at DU..................................

Shit I remember my years in Long Beach...........you think it's bad, go down to my old hood...........PCH and Willow were the bordering streets with Santa Fe Ave. as the cross street.

Hang in there BEG :cheersmate:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Flame

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 06:33:24 PM »
Sorry California is still sucking, BEG.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 07:19:41 PM »
You mean the ground stays where God put it and half the state doesn't burn every year?

Lord help us.  Ain't that the danged truth?

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 07:34:28 PM »
Bastards....the lot of you (except Flame).

Offline bkg

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 07:36:14 PM »

I'm going to TX for a week on 11/09... Crossing finger's that I am taken in by a nice family who owns a huge ranch, has lots of gu...er... land and tools and horses and a cot for me to sleep on. :D

I don't know your story, but I would offer this: I'm in MN. At least YOU get nice weather! :drink:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 07:45:06 PM »
Bastards....the lot of you (except Flame).
:tongue:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 08:00:36 PM »
This is in response to bkg.

I have lived in the Dallas area for the past 15 years. My parents moved there about 12 years ago. My husbands family live just outside of Tulsa which was just 4-5 hours away. My life was complete.  We had a house that we could more than afford and we put a lot of work into it.  We had a large group of friends who we hung out with frequently. My kids had their friends and we lived in an excellent school district.

I was forced to move to crappy southern California because my husbands work closed the office in Dallas and moved all the designers to CA. Now I am house poor and live in a house that cost three times what it would cost in Texas.  While our house in Texas needed no work the house in California that cost three times our house in Texas needs work. We just replaced the carpet in the bedrooms (the rest of the house is wood and tile). It needs to be painted both inside and out, two windows need to be replaced (but they are nice windows), the roof has some cracked tiles that need to be replaced to the tune of about $800, one bathrrom needs remodled (and I want to redo the master bath too), the wood floors need to be refinished....that's all I can think of now.

To top it all off we have taxes and fees coming out our ass. I want my walmart and target stores, the walmart and target's here suck big time. They don't even have a Super Target, can you friggen believe it?  Also no DILLARDS.  I also used to take my mom with me when ever I went to the store. I miss my mom...sniffle.  
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 08:06:42 PM by BEG »

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2009, 08:14:02 PM »
I want everyone to know that I am only half serious about my bitching.  I know that there are so many out there who have it really bad and deserve to bitch. I have my family and a roof over my head. I don't normally have anything to bitch about so when I do have something to complain about I usually go a little overboard.  :p 

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 08:16:02 PM »
I bet they don't have gun racks in truck windows out there, either.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2009, 08:21:16 PM »
I bet they don't have gun racks in truck windows out there, either.

And they aren't civilized enough to give time off from school for hunting season, are they?

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2009, 08:39:26 PM »
O-kay.  Call me a beeotch and not a bastard.  To quote our most recent troll/mole: I AM A Girl.  And, I live in the Dallas area.  The weather is pretty sucky, as usual.  And blah blah blah it is all bad here  Yada Yada Yada.  No seasons, too much rain, not enough rain.  You know the story. 

At least your weather is better?