Author Topic: Obama actually delayed hostage rescue from Pirates  (Read 7544 times)

Offline Sam Adams

Re: Obama actually delayed hostage rescue from Pirates
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2009, 12:42:51 AM »
I am skeptical. From the moment this incident started, people who were not present have been saying, "This happened," "That happened," and "The other thing happened." People who were not in a position to know have claimed to know exactly what Obama said or even thought.

We will have plenty to criticize later.  Let's give Obama a break this time.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2009, 07:27:44 AM »
I am skeptical. From the moment this incident started, people who were not present have been saying, "This happened," "That happened," and "The other thing happened." People who were not in a position to know have claimed to know exactly what Obama said or even thought.

We will have plenty to criticize later.  Let's give Obama a break this time.

I guess we may find out the true chain of events during the trial of the captured pirate. It should come out unlless they claim it is secret in the interest of national security covering 0Bama's ass.

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2009, 09:05:37 AM »
I hadn't thought any more about this, but caught Col. David Hunt on O'Reilly last night. He said the problem was that there was too many g'ment entities involved, and that slowed up the whole process. He also said that like most Presidents in the past, that Obama made the mistake of getting too involved and had had 17 meetings over this matter. His opinion was that on this, as all things like this, the matter should have been handled and decided by the military and the ship folks. He did say that O did o.k. in the end, but that it should never have gone on for 4 days, and that it should never happen this way again. He gave all kudos to the SEALS. I hadn't seen BOR in quite a while, only so much of him I can take, but he actually was right on target with his segments last night. I was surprised. He didn't even act like a blowhard.
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2009, 09:14:24 AM »
I hadn't thought any more about this, but caught Col. David Hunt on O'Reilly last night. He said the problem was that there was too many g'ment entities involved, and that slowed up the whole process. He also said that like most Presidents in the past, that Obama made the mistake of getting too involved and had had 17 meetings over this matter. His opinion was that on this, as all things like this, the matter should have been handled and decided by the military and the ship folks. He did say that O did o.k. in the end, but that it should never have gone on for 4 days, and that it should never happen this way again. He gave all kudos to the SEALS. I hadn't seen BOR in quite a while, only so much of him I can take, but he actually was right on target with his segments last night. I was surprised. He didn't even act like a blowhard.

The FBI should never have been involved, for one thing.  17 meetings?  Only one was necessary, and that would have been for 0Bama to have said "Take whatever steps needed to rescue the hostage."

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2009, 11:01:06 AM »
I know this may upset some folks but anything coming from WND gets my bunny-sense tingling. Yet again WND never fails to disappoint when disappointing their avid readers:

President Obama dispatched two separate teams of Navy commandos to carry out last week's rescue of a merchant ship captain held hostage by Somali pirates but left the operational details and rules of engagement to military commanders, National Security Adviser James. L. Jones said Tuesday.

"I can tell you from a White House and presidential standpoint, there was no conflict, no gnashing of teeth, or excessive influence in trying to manage this thing," Mr. Jones, a retired Marine Corps four-star general, told The Washington Times in an interview.

He and other military officials gave the most detailed account to date of how Navy SEAL forces were dispatched - first from a base in Africa and later from the United States - to carry out the mission, and how Pentagon officials communicated with the White House. They sought to dispel Internet reports that the military was delayed from taking action by indecision inside the White House.

"I don't recognize" the information being circulated on the Internet, Mr. Jones said.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/22/obama-okd-2-seal-teams-for-pirates/

There's plenty of bad policies decisions to contend with and I continue to maintain the SEALs acted under standing orders long-established before the current administration took office.

BUT

The last thing we need are flights of unsubstantiated fancy. Everytime we buy into some BS some zealot fabricates we diminish our credibility for matters that do count. You can bet your bottom dollar the next time Obama is criticized about a military decision the left will throw the WND article back in our faces. We cannot battle liberal derangements by becoming deranged ourselves. We're supposed to be better than this.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."