Author Topic: Romney wins Maine Republican Primary  (Read 3094 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Romney wins Maine Republican Primary
« on: February 03, 2008, 08:52:27 AM »
Presidential hopeful and former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney won Saturday's Republican primary election in the northeastern state of Maine, the Republican Party said.

With 57 per cent of votes counted, Romney took 52 per cent, followed by the national frontrunner, Arizona Senator John McCain with 22 per cent, Ron Paul with 19 per cent and Mike Huckabee 5 per cent.

"With those results it is very sure that former governor Romney wins the contest," Maine Republican Party vice chair Scott Kauffman told AFP.

Although the Maine primary carries little weight in the national nominating contest, it does provide a symbolic boost for the conservative candidate in his attempt to overtake McCain in national opinion polls ahead of the key "Super Tuesday" event when more than 20 states are at stake.

"Today the people of Maine joined those from across the nation in casting their vote for conservative change in Washington," Romney, 60, said after the results were announced.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?id=461d0c53-ec8a-4a1b-84f4-6f7c3a5f52c4&MatchID1=4624&TeamID1=3&TeamID2=4&MatchType1=2&SeriesID1=1164&PrimaryID=4624&Headline=Romney+wins+Maine+Republican+primary
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Romney wins Maine Republican Primary
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 10:20:39 PM »
<sigh>...now I'm gonna hear it from the Paulbots on the other board I post on how he had a "strong third"...sheesh
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 07:38:21 AM »
<sigh>...now I'm gonna hear it from the Paulbots on the other board I post on how he had a "strong third"...sheesh

Oh, here where I live in Ga, I've been seeing Ron Paul signs ALL over the place.  And, he was beating Fred Thompson as well. Unreal and pretty scary.

Paul will end up running as the independent, which can very easily put the Dem in the WH by taking the votes away from the Republicans.

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 08:16:24 AM »

Oh, here where I live in Ga, I've been seeing Ron Paul signs ALL over the place.  And, he was beating Fred Thompson as well. Unreal and pretty scary.

Paul will end up running as the independent, which can very easily put the Dem in the WH by taking the votes away from the Republicans.

If that's the case, I'm gonna hunt down Gator in whatever cave he's hiding in...
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline yin/yang

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 08:31:49 AM »

If that's the case, I'm gonna hunt down Gator in whatever cave he's hiding in...

That would be the moonbat cave.

Offline overlord

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 12:58:30 PM »

Just take a quick turn to the left; you should run right into him
Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish

Women and children are precious resources to be protected at all costs.  Men are expendable commodities whose function is to protect those resources, at all costs.

So how does it feel to know that someone's kid in the heart of america has blood on their hands to defend your rights so you can maintain a lifestyle that insults his family's existence?

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 03:53:41 PM »
He's only five delegates behind McCain thanks to the great state of Maine - both of the liberals senators there had endorsed Juan.

Yeah, they're now back to spamming that Ron Paul has received the most miliarty donations AGAIN for the fourth quarter. Nutty, huh?

Offline Bh

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 03:59:23 PM »
Quote from: LadyLiberty

I don't know about that, he seems to pull from the fringes of both sides, it could be a wash.

Offline JohnMatrix

• admirer of Sir Edward Tylor
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 04:49:17 PM »

he has said countless times that he won't, and it doesn't matter if he does or not, the WH will go to a dem no matter who gets nominated.
LadyLiberty does not like my mother because I speak Spanish to her in public.

yes snuggly bunny, i voted for RON PAUL.

Mr.Mann is obsessed with me.

Offline Bh

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 05:05:47 PM »

he has said countless times that he won't, and it doesn't matter if he does or not, the WH will go to a dem no matter who gets nominated.
Historically we have never elected an antiwar candidate while at war. Could that be another reason why the Drive-By's are ignoring Iraq? It's like they all got the same memo from the DNC. Romneys closing the gap here and there, I don't believe the polls, who answers telephone polls anymore anyway?