Author Topic: New Rasmussen Poll in NH : Obama 37%, Clinton 27%  (Read 8170 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
New Rasmussen Poll in NH : Obama 37%, Clinton 27%
« on: January 05, 2008, 03:58:02 PM »

Election 2008: New Hampshire Democratic Primary
New Hampshire: Obama 37% Clinton 27%

Barack Obama, fresh from his victory in Iowa, now holds a ten point lead over Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire. The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of the race found Obama with 37% of the vote while Clinton earns 27%. John Edwards is the only other candidate in double digits, with 19% support. Bill Richardson is the choice for 8%.

In a pre-Christmas poll, Clinton led Obama by three. In the poll before that, Obama led Clinton by three.

Clinton still leads nationally in the Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll but Rasmussen Markets data suggests the race for the nomination is essentially even.

In New Hampshire, Obama leads Clinton by five points among Democrats and by sixteen points among Independents. The survey indicates that 40% of the voters will be Independents.

Eighty percent (80%) of Obama voters say they are certain they will vote for him. Seventy-three percent (73%) of Clinton voters say the same along with 64% of Edwards supporters.

http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/new_hampshire/election_2008_new_hampshire_democratic_primary

wow.  that's a 20 point turnaround in two days.   

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Re: New Rasmussen Poll in NH : Obama 37%, Clinton 27%
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 04:11:12 PM »
As many of us know anything can happen when Americans go to the polls. That being said I think that many Americans remember the Clinton years and do not want to repeat them, she is not a likeable person. If you watch her on video she is stiff and a poor liar....she sucks.

Obama is at least likeable even if I don't agree with his agenda.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 04:15:05 PM »
As many of us know anything can happen when Americans go to the polls. That being said I think that many Americans remember the Clinton years and do not want to repeat them, she is not a likeable person. If you watch her on video she is stiff and a poor liar....she sucks.

He sure is clean and articulate.  :-)

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 04:21:06 PM »

the guy is disguising is 100 proof liberal agenda in rhetoric of hope and such . . . . and people just aren't listening.  or don't care.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 04:27:34 PM »
I hope they are lulled into a false sense of security and put all of their money on Obama. I think most of the GOP candidates can beat him.

Dear God, please let that be true!  :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 04:30:11 PM »

That's what I think as well. Hillary lacks charisma and finesse.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 04:30:55 PM »

the guy is disguising is 100 proof liberal agenda in rhetoric of hope and such . . . . and people just aren't listening.  or don't care.

John Roberts, 52 (Jan. 27, 1955)
Clarence Thomas, 59 (June 23, 1948)
David Souter, 68 (Sept. 17, 1939)
Stephen Breyer, 69 (Aug. 15, 1938)
Anthony Kennedy, 71 (July 23, 1936)
Antonin Scalia, 71 (March 11, 1936)

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 74 (March 15, 1933)
John Paul Stevens, 87 (born April 20, 1920)

Keep your eye on the prize.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 04:35:28 PM »

John Roberts, 52 (Jan. 27, 1955)
Clarence Thomas, 59 (June 23, 1948)
David Souter, 68 (Sept. 17, 1939)
Stephen Breyer, 69 (Aug. 15, 1938)
Anthony Kennedy, 71 (July 23, 1936)
Antonin Scalia, 71 (March 11, 1936)

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 74 (March 15, 1933)
John Paul Stevens, 87 (born April 20, 1920)

Keep your eye on the prize.

precisely ;)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 04:39:27 PM »
I hope they are lulled into a false sense of security and put all of their money on Obama. I think most of the GOP candidates can beat him.

Dear God, please let that be true!  :-)

I think he could be unstoppable.  it's hard to tell from just iowa, because the caucus system is such a ****ed up way of voting for a nominee, but he is moving poll numbers in heretofore unimagined volumes.

this guy could become a phenomenon, especially in view of the extremely compressed primary season, which will enlarge the "bandwagon effect".

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 11:28:52 PM »

I agree. Everything he says sounds better then the others untill you look at what he has already stood for in the past and will probably do in the future when it comes to running the show. Talking a great game isn't enough.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 11:49:05 AM »

I agree. Everything he says sounds better then the others untill you look at what he has already stood for in the past and will probably do in the future when it comes to running the show. Talking a great game isn't enough.

The thing is, I don't think most voters give a shit. They just want "change", as spouted by every damn Dimocrap stumping out there. Change from WHAT exactly? A prosperous economy and a strong military to the opposite? Obama doesn't have a friggin' clue on how to govern, and quite frankly... most of the candidates are like that... even some on the Repub side.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 02:37:09 PM »

The thing is, I don't think most voters give a shit. They just want "change", as spouted by every damn Dimocrap stumping out there. Change from WHAT exactly? A prosperous economy and a strong military to the opposite? Obama doesn't have a friggin' clue on how to govern, and quite frankly... most of the candidates are like that... even some on the Repub side.

This mantra of "change" baffles me too.  Change to what?  Change for change sake?  What?  Is change always good?  Is not changing always bad?  I want someone who worships "change" to tell me - in honest words with meaning - what "change" is all about and how this "change" will reconcile with the US Constitution. 

I know liberals.  Every "change" a liberal has proposed or enacted has been in the opposite direction from the founding of our nation.   Is that what people really want?  We need honesty way before we get to "change".

Offline scotth

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 07:49:56 AM »
I think people better watch what they hope for.  Democrats hoped for Reagan in '80 and got schooled.  Republicans might be wishing for anyone but Hilary and find they are in the same position.

Offline foxworthy

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Beginning Fresh
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 07:50:54 AM »
I think what people are wanting is a change from the Clintons.

The Clintons have been around too long and they have been the face of the party too long.  any tool to get rid of the clinton baggage (Gore and Edwards included) is a positive change for the Democrats and America.

I think Obama is tapping into the Perot angst about how many feel that the parties scream and shout and put on a big show of how different they are at election time, and then make deals behind the door and are so very friendly to each other in private.  People are feeling scammed and hurt, and too many of those deals are a manner of ripping off the people.  Like the wars they have over the percentage of tax on everybody, but then there are neat little loopholes that let the connected escape taxes on anything.  If you are connected.

Of course, Obama strikes me as an empty suit who is very willing to negotiate anything for anyone, as long as he gets his commission.  His talk of change is his desire for any of the loose change you have left in your pockets after the Clinton crowd gets done with you.
When the game is over, both the pawn and the king are put away in the same box

Offline Taxman

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 09:35:36 AM »
Obama could be another Carter.  People loved Carter too, I seem to recall they wanted change back then too.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 10:02:14 AM »
I'm SO tired of hearing the word "Change" too. Undies is right. Change from what? A good economy?
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Taxman

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 01:57:24 PM »
Change is ambiguous and easy for people to hear and makes them conjure up all sorts of rose colored ideals.  Change brought us Carter and Clinton..'nuff said.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 05:45:43 PM »
Change is ambiguous and easy for people to hear and makes them conjure up all sorts of rose colored ideals.  Change brought us Carter and Clinton..'nuff said.

I assume the dummy liberals want change to higher income, payroll, gasoline taxes and a host of others. Change to slashing the military budget. Higer interest rates.