Author Topic: Hsu Headed to Prison  (Read 4906 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Hsu Headed to Prison
« on: January 05, 2008, 09:12:54 AM »
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. -- Disgraced political donor Norman Hsu was sentenced Friday to three years in prison after a judge rejected his bid to throw out a 16-year-old fraud conviction.

Hsu's lawyers had asked Judge Stephen Hall to dismiss his 1992 no-contest plea, arguing that Hsu's right to a speedy trial was violated because authorities were not actively pursuing him during his years as a fugitive. They could easily have arrested Hsu, his lawyers argued, at one of the fundraisers he hosted in California for prominent local politicians.

Hsu also faces federal fraud charges in New York.

His troubles began dogging Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton and other big-name Democrats last summer when news reports revealed he was a fugitive who fled the state before he was sentenced for the 1992 fraud conviction. He turned himself in on Aug. 31 - then fled again.

http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/Hsu_Headed_to_Prison_/2008/01/04/61833.html
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Hsu Headed to Prison
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 09:24:46 AM »
He turned himself in on Aug. 31 - then fled again.
How the hell does that happen? He wasn't considered a flight risk after the first time?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 09:26:46 AM »
How long before he's pardoned if the Hildebeast is elected?
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 09:51:28 AM »

If (God forbid) she does swindle her way into office...I predict it will happen very quietly in her first year...followed by a healthy donation check to her re-election fund.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 11:05:30 AM »
Even if the lesbo Clinton gets to the WH, she will not pardon him because it cannot be done quietly.  She will do nothing to interfere with her re-election chances.  She would slit her own mother's throat if it would by a vote.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 11:13:04 AM »
Even if the lesbo Clinton gets to the WH, she will not pardon him because it cannot be done quietly.  She will do nothing to interfere with her re-election chances.  She would slit her own mother's throat if it would by a vote.
I'd have to agree with that, there would be no loyalty if it had a cost.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 12:29:34 PM »
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. -- Disgraced political donor Norman Hsu was sentenced Friday to three years in prison after a judge rejected his bid to throw out a 16-year-old fraud conviction.

Hsu's lawyers had asked Judge Stephen Hall to dismiss his 1992 no-contest plea, arguing that Hsu's right to a speedy trial was violated because authorities were not actively pursuing him during his years as a fugitive. They could easily have arrested Hsu, his lawyers argued, at one of the fundraisers he hosted in California for prominent local politicians.

Hsu also faces federal fraud charges in New York.

His troubles began dogging Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton and other big-name Democrats last summer when news reports revealed he was a fugitive who fled the state before he was sentenced for the 1992 fraud conviction. He turned himself in on Aug. 31 - then fled again.

http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/Hsu_Headed_to_Prison_/2008/01/04/61833.html

Now THAT takes stones.  "I was hiding from the law so they should have done a better job in finding me." WTF?

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 04:28:35 PM »
Yet oddly, Abramhoff's saga got more press time.  :whatever:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline foxworthy

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Beginning Fresh
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 07:55:11 AM »
No loyalty, no chance.

Of course, he only has to serve three years, with time off, he will serve 1, he can be a county chairman for her again next time round and no one would  care.

And if he is a quiet good little boy, and spills no beans, that would put her under some additional obligation that she might give him some benefit for.   Who knows, a bribe doesn't have to be cash.

If (God forbid) she does swindle her way into office...I predict it will happen very quietly in her first year...followed by a healthy donation check to her re-election fund.
When the game is over, both the pawn and the king are put away in the same box

Offline Lauri

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 11:43:50 PM »
when the news first broke on this, hilary stopped taking questions on the campaign trail.

coincidence?