Author Topic: Teh Rove:Obama Can't Win Against Palin  (Read 3362 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Teh Rove:Obama Can't Win Against Palin
« on: September 11, 2008, 10:41:27 AM »
Obama Can't Win
Against Palin
By KARL ROVE
September 11, 2008; Page A13
EXCERPT:The Wall Street Journal

Of all the advantages Gov. Sarah Palin has brought to the GOP ticket, the most important may be that she has gotten into Barack Obama's head. How else to explain Sen. Obama's decision to go one-on-one against "Sarah Barracuda," captain of the Wasilla High state basketball champs?

It's a matchup he'll lose. If Mr. Obama wants to win, he needs to remember he's running against John McCain for president, not Mrs. Palin for vice president.

Michael Dukakis spent the last months of the 1988 campaign calling his opponent's running mate, Dan Quayle, a risky choice and even ran a TV ad blasting Mr. Quayle. The Bush/Quayle ticket carried 40 states
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Donpeyote

• Schade's friend
Re: Teh Rove:Obama Can't Win Against Palin
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 10:44:52 AM »
 Perhaps McCain / Palin could carry California ? :cheersmate:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 10:50:52 AM »
Oh, hell no. CA is going for Obama, there are far too many fruits and nuts here for anything else.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 10:53:05 AM »
I saw this article, too, and was about to post it.

comparing running his campaign to running a small town is just retarded.  she is a sitting governor. I really
think they are hoping to distract people from just how much responsibility that really is:

Of course, this ignores the fact that Mrs. Palin is now governor. She manages an $11 billion operating budget, a $1.7 billion capital expenditure budget, and nearly 29,000 full- and part-time state employees. In two years as governor, she's vetoed over $499 million from Alaska's capital budget -- more money than Mr. Obama is likely to spend on his entire campaign.

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 11:02:01 AM »
I bet our barracuda could beat Obama in basketball, too.  :-) He's foolish to keep going after her, but he and his minions continue to do it.

My local POst-Dispatch liberal rag kept it up again today. Any little Enquirer type story they could and every rumor was reported in the front page section.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 11:07:24 AM »
For four years they have been running against Bush, now they are running against Palin.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 11:15:14 AM »
I bet our barracuda could beat Obama in basketball, too.  :-) He's foolish to keep going after her, but he and his minions continue to do it.

My local POst-Dispatch liberal rag kept it up again today. Any little Enquirer type story they could and every rumor was reported in the front page section.

hey, he tried to change the subject to education the other day, and that blew up in his face with the sex education
for kindergartners thing.  maybe he is better off talking about palin.  :-)

Offline Lauri

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 12:45:07 PM »
For four years they have been running against Bush, now they are running against Palin.

Obama was still running against Bush yesterday.. he was enumerating all the things McCain and Bush had in common, although McCain is famous for going against the GOP party.

this tactic is really bizarre on Obama's part...

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 01:23:21 PM »

Obama was still running against Bush yesterday.. he was enumerating all the things McCain and Bush had in common, although McCain is famous for going against the GOP party.

well, "change", especially the mindless variation that The BarackStar! is peddling, requires a villain;  someone that we need to be rescued from.  step one is to convince everyone that they are doomed.  step two is to convince them that it is a particular person's fault.  after that, things get much simpler.

"change" for it's own sake is the social form of a two year old's temper tantrum. 

Offline Lauri

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 01:35:46 PM »

well, "change", especially the mindless variation that The BarackStar! is peddling, requires a villain;  someone that we need to be rescued from.  step one is to convince everyone that they are doomed.  step two is to convince them that it is a particular person's fault.  after that, things get much simpler.

"change" for it's own sake is the social form of a two year old's temper tantrum. 

did you study under Saul Alinsky as well?  :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 01:57:38 PM »

did you study under Saul Alinsky as well?  :-)

that was insulting. :-)

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 04:40:59 PM »
I understand teh Rove is trying to bring down Obama's spirit even more....but I think he should stop giving their campaign advice and let them burn  :fuelfire:

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 05:03:01 PM »
I understand teh Rove is trying to bring down Obama's spirit even more....but I think he should stop giving their campaign advice and let them burn  :fuelfire:

The joy of teh ROve giving advice is the Dems will not only ignore it, they will do the exact opposite of what was advised. The Dems will continue to let Palin make them crazy, which will cause them to make mistakes. The Finger Trap is now causing their fingertips to turn blue.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 06:10:05 PM »
Oh, hell no. CA is going for Obama, there are far too many fruits and nuts here for anything else.

Gotta side with DonPeyote on this one.  His campaign manager is Steve Schmidt (?, and sp?), who ran the Governator's campaign.  If anyone knows how to win California, he does.  Plus, why would McCain open offices all over the state unless they had some internal polling that was showing that they had a shot to win?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 09:19:06 PM »

The joy of teh ROve giving advice is the Dems will not only ignore it, they will do the exact opposite of what was advised. The Dems will continue to let Palin make them crazy, which will cause them to make mistakes. The Finger Trap is now causing their fingertips to turn blue.
Exactly! Teh Rove is a friggin genius.

Someone forgot to tell Obama that the opposing team isn't Bush/Palin.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 06:16:17 PM »
I saw this article, too, and was about to post it.

comparing running his campaign to running a small town is just retarded.  she is a sitting governor. I really
think they are hoping to distract people from just how much responsibility that really is:

Of course, this ignores the fact that Mrs. Palin is now governor. She manages an $11 billion operating budget, a $1.7 billion capital expenditure budget, and nearly 29,000 full- and part-time state employees. In two years as governor, she's vetoed over $499 million from Alaska's capital budget -- more money than Mr. Obama is likely to spend on his entire campaign.

It is especially stupid because Barack does not run his campaign, the campaign MANAGER runs it.  In a campaign the candidate is at best the Prime Minister at worst a tolerated figure head. 
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Sadie

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 10:27:47 PM »
This 'experience' thing will all come out in the debates. McCain will tear Obama to shreds. Exactly what has Obama done?? Let's see here, well...he gave a speech in 2004, if you will remember, Hillary pointed that out as his only 'experience' in government. Oh, and how about his community organizational skills. Obama helped get government grants for his pal Rezko and guess where he is now...waiting to be sentenced to federal prison. I generously didn't mention his flag stomping political pal William Ayres.  :fuelfire: :fuelfire: