Author Topic: Brief thoughts on the Republican Party  (Read 654 times)

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Brief thoughts on the Republican Party
« on: December 23, 2022, 09:17:09 AM »
After watching Mitch McConnell lead the Republican Senators to vote for the ungodly pork-filled spending bill am feel I'm being pushed closer to re-registering as an independent. I'm really getting sick of all the rhinos masquerading as conservatives. As time goes on the ideological wall separating Democrats and Conservatives is thinning.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Brief thoughts on the Republican Party
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 10:09:15 AM »
After watching Mitch McConnell lead the Republican Senators to vote for the ungodly pork-filled spending bill am feel I'm being pushed closer to re-registering as an independent. I'm really getting sick of all the rhinos masquerading as conservatives. As time goes on the ideological wall separating Democrats and Conservatives is thinning.

I hear ya -- except I crossed that bridge 15 years ago when GWB decided to shuffle a bunch of government garbage around calling some of it DHS and TSA, implement the Patriot Act, and lots of other crap which further infringed on our LIBERTY. GWB, in particular, became the Poster Child of Squishes in his last term in office and it was then when I was disgusted enough with the Repubs to say "Adios, assholes."
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 11:08:47 AM »

Welcome to the club. We don't have jackets - yet - but we have cookies every once in a while. :cheers1:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 11:50:04 AM »

After the Turtle slurred the Republican Senatorial slate as weak, shifted money to help Murkowski and others, the Republicans lost one damn seat in the Senate. Heard someone joke around that time that the best way to derail him was to turn him on his back...you know, turtles are helpless on their back.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2022, 03:11:28 PM »
Republicans watch the Democrats feed their voters shit sandwiches and get away with it. So now the Republicans are doing the same thing to their voters. They are also corrupt they all need to be run out of office.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2022, 10:08:51 AM »
Y'all are preaching to the choir, from my perspective. :cheers1:

I largely keep my opinions on the GOP to myself, because the leftist scum of the Dim'Rats are such obvious and abundant targets, but also as conservatism encompasses so many different but related areas of focus, if I were to unload in an unfiltered rant on the GOP, it would appear to some here that I was attacking THEIR sacred bull, and it's not my intention to alienate potential allies on 80% of issues I care about just because they disagree with me on that remaining 20%.

I got tired of being lied to by the Republicans back in the early 90's. I'd finally had my fill of the Republican Party's weak "conservative" brew when John McCain was being fronted as the strawman for Reggie Love's Li'l Bitch to knock down and flat out couldn't hold my nose any longer when the Mitt-wit was being set up for the same purpose. I broke the last of my ties with the GOP then, and I've seen no reason to give them a second chance since.

My political values are simple: I value honesty, integrity and liberty. In my opinion, the Constitution as originally framed is still the best chance for a free people to remain free, but we the people are drooling imbeciles just as stupid as the DUmp Monkeys if you continue to believe that the government framed by the Constitution can be reasonably expected or permitted to police itself with regards to the restrictions on government outlined in the document.

The second thing you need to understand is that there is in reality no "two party system" in the United States. There is a UNIPARTY which pretends at being two parties solely to divide the electorate and retain power with themselves. This "betrayal" over the 2023 Omnibus by Bitch McConnell is the clearest example I've seen in a few years that the Uniparty is a real thing.

Be divided, and continue to be conquered. It's as simple as that.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2022, 07:48:00 PM »

RINO is their cover. Like Defiant said in the above post - they're UNIPARTY. Nearly every one of the not-MAGA types go to cocktail parties in DC, and only when in the public eye do they don republican and democrat uniforms and pretend to be different. And when something NEEDS to pass because they want it to pass, mcconnell gives the nod to his bullpen, calls in those wearing the RINO uniform, and continues the kabuki theater.

If they aren't MAGA, they're all about their interests, not ours, and they'll make noise about social issues to fool you if they can.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2023, 10:56:47 PM »
Bumped.

Because the vote for House Speaker is over.

The investigations are beginning and the illusion of Party-unity will cease being construed as an illusion for a while.  It's already happening on Twitter.  Zero infighting.  Fauci/ivermectin seems to be the first front opening up.  Epps/the missing 14,000 hours may overtake it by morning.   

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2023, 07:01:36 AM »
Bumped.

Because the vote for House Speaker is over.

The investigations are beginning and the illusion of Party-unity will cease being construed as an illusion for a while.  It's already happening on Twitter.  Zero infighting.  Fauci/ivermectin seems to be the first front opening up.  Epps/the missing 14,000 hours may overtake it by morning.

But in the end, all will be the same. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

There is an old saying I would like to modify.

When you're young and you don't vote liberal you have no heart. When you get older and you don't vote conservatively then you have no brains. When you reach my age you realize that both sides are full of shit.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2023, 10:32:21 AM »
But in the end, all will be the same. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

There is an old saying I would like to modify.

When you're young and you don't vote liberal you have no heart. When you get older and you don't vote conservatively then you have no brains. When you reach my age you realize that both sides are full of shit.

Truer words have never been spoken!   :cheersmate:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!