Author Topic: Major Democrat Senator Under Criminal Investigation  (Read 359 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Major Democrat Senator Under Criminal Investigation
« on: October 27, 2022, 07:13:44 AM »
Knock me over with a feather. Another Democrat senator "under investigation." But, as bonchie points out below, Democrats aren't held to account in the D.C. Swamp. It's how he skated the first time Menendez was indicted.  :whatever:

Another major Democrat figure has been revealed to be under a criminal investigation by the DOJ, and you’ll probably find the name interesting.

Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey, who chairs the Senate’s powerful Foreign Relations Committee, is facing his second FBI investigation of the decade. Back in 2015, he was indicted over a bribery scheme. Allegedly, Menendez was being given private jet flights and lavish vacations in exchange for help with government contracts. Justice was punted on in 2017, though, after the jury hung and a mistrial was declared. It was another example of how Democrats are simply untouchable in leftwing jurisdictions, something that has become all too clear over the last year.

Now, according to Kadia Goba of Buzzfeed News, Menendez is in the sights of the DOJ again and an active criminal investigation is underway.

Big ⁦@kadiagoba⁩ scoop in Principals this morning: Senator Robert Menendez is under investigation again https://t.co/jxadChYyy1

— Ben Smith (@semaforben) October 26, 2022

Senator Robert Menendez, D-N.J. faces a new federal investigation, according to two people familiar with the inquiry.

Prosecutors in the Southern District of New York have contacted people connected to Menendez in recent weeks, the sources said. They have sent at least one subpoena in the case, according to a person connected to the inquiry.

An advisor to Menendez responded to a request for comment hours after Semafor published the original story. “Senator Menendez is aware of an investigation that was reported on today, however he does not know the scope of the investigation,” Michael Soliman texted Semafor. “As always, should any official inquiries be made, the Senator is available to provide any assistance that is requested of him or his office.”

It is not yet known exactly what Menendez is being targeted for this go around. You may recall that the senator was caught up in allegations of an underage child prostitution ring back in 2013. It’s possible this could have something to do with that, but that’s pure speculation on my part. It’s just as likely that Menendez, being the obviously corrupt politician, is being accused of some kind of bribery scheme again.

What I do know is that if this were a Republican, it would be plastered on the front pages for at least a day or two. As it stands, I’ve seen a few passing articles on Menendez’s plight and no mention of it on the major broadcast and cable networks outside of right-leaning ones (i.e. Fox News). That’s one of the privileges of being a Democrat, I suppose.

Recently, Menendez attempted to blame Saudi Arabia for the nation’s energy woes, ignoring Joe Biden’s crushing of the market and the terrible policies from the Democrat Party that have caused the current high prices. That gives you an idea of the kind of partisan he is. He’s your typical, slimy Northeast politician with an over-bloated sense of entitlement and a feeling of untouchability.

It doesn’t surprise me at all that Menendez has found himself on the wrong side of the law yet again. Given how things went the first time, he had and has no reason to fear reprisal. If justice is actually served here, I’ll be very surprised, because as things stand, the DOJ and FBI simply exist to “exonerate” Democrats, not hold them to account.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/10/27/democrat-senator-under-criminal-investigation-n649696
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.