Author Topic: Was the attack upon our Capitol worse then the attack on the WTC on September 11  (Read 795 times)

Offline CC27

kentuck (106,448 posts)

Was the attack upon our Capitol worse then the attack on the WTC on September 11th?

Granted, there may have been more deaths on 9/11 but was it as much of a threat to our democracy as the attack upon our Capitol?

I tend to think not.

Our country was more or less united after the attack of 9/11 but is very much divided after the attack of January 6th. We should have been united but we are not. We are a deeply divided nation.

Our country has been infected with propaganda, lies, and demagoguery. They have effectively played one American against the other.

In my opinion, the attack upon our Capitol has done more damage to our country than did the attack of 9/11.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216992532

Excuse my language. **** OFF YOU PIECE OF SHIT.  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline SVPete

Excuse my language. **** OFF YOU PIECE OF SHIT.  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I was curious to see id any DUmmie had the decency and sense to respond as you, mildly but appropriately, did. Seven Replies in, and nope:

Reply Jan. 6th was worse. Elessar Zappa   10 min ago   #1

Reply 1/6 was much worse because our country was attacked by its own citizens. Irish_Dem   9 min ago   #2

Reply They were both terrorist attacks, MarineCombatEngineer   7 min ago   #3

Reply J6 was way worse. 9/11 was an "Us Against Them" scenario like Pearl Harbor; J6 catbyte   6 min ago   #4

Reply Yes. SamKnause   5 min ago   #5

Reply The attack on the Capitol was done by Americans encouraged to do so by the POTUS MagickMuffin   5 min ago   #6

Reply Rupert Murdoch has done more damage to our country than any terrorist. sop   1 min ago   #7

For now, I'll just let DUmmies hateful idiocy and delusion speak for itself.

Now up to 13 Replies, with one sort of demurring DU-member.

Now up to 15 Replies. Other than the hysterically delusional kt, I don't see many major DU :stoner:-hitters, plus or minus SamKnause and uponit7771. And the 15th post is someone daring to disagree with kt, :popcorn: .
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 11:48:53 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
   Screencapped, to ensure that they can't deny it. That is one for the ages.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
MarineCombatEngineer (7,040 posts)

3. They were both terrorist attacks,

the difference being that the 9/11 attack didn't threaten our democracy, whereas the J6 attack was a direct attack upon our democracy by the Mango Menace and his minions and the Trumpsters.

Really, "MarineCombatEngineer"? What a *****. I highly doubt you ever stepped foot on the Island or Hollywood. Citizens getting let in by Capitol Police isn't an "attack". Walking between the damn ropes isn't an "attack". Not one damn person killed except a conservative ACTUAL veteran by another ***** who was a cop wasn't an "attack" by them.

You're all a bunch of ****ing drama queens. You were never in the damn Corps. I lost a LOT of friends and guys I trained in Afghanistan. You're essentially saying they were the same? Go suck-start a ****ing shotgun.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
Baggies

23. 9/11

I’m interested in how this board viewed these events.

You’ve been here since 2001. Tell me, how many at this site thought 9/11 was an “inside job” and that Bush either knew or let it happen? Or were making interesting connections between the Bush family and the House of Saud? Or were talking about the history of Prescott Bush drawing all sorts of fascinating conclusions?

That’ll give me some insight into how to view current postings regarding J6.

:rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline freedumb2003b

The 1/6 dog and pony show ended recently having accomplished zero and leaving zero impression on the American people.  Ulvane was more signuficant than 1/6 to all but a tiny group of extreme left zealots.

9/11 changed the USA forever. And is still very much in the American psyche 20 years later.

DUmbasses, indeed.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
The 1/6 dog and pony show ended recently having accomplished zero and leaving zero impression on the American people.  Ulvane was more signuficant than 1/6 to all but a tiny group of extreme left zealots.

9/11 changed the USA forever. And is still very much in the American psyche 20 years later.

DUmbasses, indeed.

I thought they were going to drag it into late September.  It’s over?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

Baggies (221 posts) is a LPC noob and is too clear and to the point to be a mole (IMO). (S)He risks getting MIRTed for committing truth. I cannot use DU's search function, not being a member, but I'm pretty sure that Troofer CTs (cinder blocks and chicken wire anybody?), LIHOP CTs, and Bush-House-of-Saud CTs are well represented in DU threads and posts in the years following 9/11/2001.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
kentuck (106,448 posts)

Was the attack upon our Capitol worse then the attack on the WTC on September 11th?

Granted, there may have been more deaths on 9/11 but was it as much of a threat to our democracy as the attack upon our Capitol?

I tend to think not.

Our country was more or less united after the attack of 9/11 but is very much divided after the attack of January 6th. We should have been united but we are not. We are a deeply divided nation.

Our country has been infected with propaganda, lies, and demagoguery. They have effectively played one American against the other.

In my opinion, the attack upon our Capitol has done more damage to our country than did the attack of 9/11.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216992532

I would think the families of the dead might disagree.  Asshole.  :bird:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

Rot in Hell, DUmmies.
The 9/11 attacks killed THOUSANDS of American citizens, crippled who knows how many more, and left us in fear of future attacks for years. It tied up our transportation industries, our economy, and our entire way of life.

"Our country was more or less united after the attack of 9/11 but is very much divided after the attack of January 6th. We should have been united but we are not. We are a deeply divided nation."
That division after 1/6 is largely if not entirely YOUR doing and the doing of fellow leftists, DUmmies. You were the ones psychotically obsessing over a  protest that got out of hand, and using it as an excuse to openly sling hatred against anyone who disagrees with you on any issue. You and your fellow leftists are the ones who spread most of the division that came about post 1/6.

I would think the families of the dead might disagree.  Asshole.  :bird:

Absolutely.
In college, I was friends with a woman whose brother died on 9/11 (He was one of the NYPD officers who went down that day), and she'd probably loosen a few of this DUmmy's teeth if she ever met him.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
That has got to be the most disconnected from reality post I've ever seen from DU... bar none. That is even beyond stupid and proves that Kentuck is more than just a retard.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline freedumb2003b

I thought they were going to drag it into late September.  It’s over?

KC

Last I heard, yes.  I thought they extended a week and then promised there will be more... someday.  I figure after November "someday" will never come.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.