Author Topic: Store owner with shotgun stops robbers with assault rifles  (Read 964 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Store owner with shotgun stops robbers with assault rifles
« on: August 02, 2022, 10:37:37 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216992159

Odd this is dropping like a stone at the DUmp.  Perplexing even.

ripcord (3,356 posts)

Store owner with shotgun stops robbers with assault rifles

A would-be robber was critically injured after being shot by a store owner in Norco early Sunday in a dramatic incident that was captured on surveillance video.

An employee who reached out to KTLA said the video shows a man armed with an assault-style rifle walk into the Norco Market at 816 Sixth Street around 2:45 a.m., point the weapon at the owner, and order him to put his “hands in the air.”

Within just a few seconds, the owner steps behind a glass display and fires a shotgun at the suspect, who immediately runs out of the store screaming and shouting, “He shot my arm off!”

“In this case, a lawfully armed member of our community prevented a violent crime and ensured their own safety, while being confronted with multiple armed suspects,” the Sheriff’s Department said in a statement.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/caught-on-video-store-owner-shotgun-blast/

There is a video in the story, I'm glad this guy was able to step up and defend himself and I hope his heart problems weren't serious.

I just can't figure out why there are zero comments.  I have no idea why.  Can someone explain this to me?  567 views and not a single reply.  Go figure.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: Store owner with shotgun stops robbers with assault rifles
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 10:44:18 AM »
Every single person interviewed.................................GOOD! Glad he shot the S.O.B.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 10:44:34 AM »
How many comments do you think a poster there would get if they posted this?:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/category/defensivegunuseoftheday/

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 11:19:55 AM »
Now "0 replies, 669 views". What's worse from a Prog POV than the store owner successfully defending himself is that Riverside County is not like SF or Berserkeley, and almost certainly won't prosecute the store owner. :tongue:  :fuelfire:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 12:53:54 PM »
Now "0 replies, 669 views". What's worse from a Prog POV than the store owner successfully defending himself is that Riverside County is not like SF or Berserkeley, and almost certainly won't prosecute the store owner. :tongue:  :fuelfire:

Now 772 views, 6 recs ... 0 replies.

6 recs.  An 80 year old man saves his own life and removes 4 bad guys from the street and the DUmmies can't even praise him.

They are always complaining "where was the good guy with a gun, huh?!"  You show them the good guys with a gun and they don't respond, let it drop, then complain some more about how protecting yourself with a firearm is a myth.

There are a bunch of these stories every single day and I wish they got posted alongside the sensationalized shootings.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 12:54:49 PM »
How many comments do you think a poster there would get if they posted this?:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/category/defensivegunuseoftheday/

I can't get to that page right now, but I will be looking at it later.  Thanks for the link!

KC

*Stolen

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2022, 01:29:45 PM »
Ohhh hold on. We have a participant.

sarisataka (14,257 posts)

1. Interesting

I have been told this scenario was impossible.

Hopefully the victim recovers quickly.

Now, I wonder who is the victim in the eyes of this Muppet. Im only guessing, the fellow who had his arm blown off. Just a guess.  :whatever:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2022, 03:03:40 PM »
Ohhh hold on. We have a participant.

Now, I wonder who is the victim in the eyes of this Muppet. Im only guessing, the fellow who had his arm blown off. Just a guess.  :whatever:

I don't know who sarisataka views as the/a "victim". But his/her was the first Reply to the thread and the first of over a dozen. Anyway, this Reply from sarisataka is not exactly in line with Prog Orthodoxy:

sarisataka (14,258 posts)

10. I have been repeatedly assured

Once the bad guy "has the drop" on you there is no way a mere mortal can counter that. The criminal will shoot you dead before you can get your gun. And even if you do somehow get it there is no way you would hit the person with the terror you will be feeling.

Yet here a person just did what is impossible.

sarisataka mocked a common anti-gun argument. :rotf:

And then there's this bonus stupidity from the dude(tte) with whom sarisataka was quibbling:

rockfordfile (8,443 posts)

16. Well the pos had a gun because of repuke pos

This was a store owner . Ban AR-15. Restrict guns in public areas. is a common sense start

:rotf: While I agree the thugling who may now be permanently "unarmed" is a "pos", DUmmie rockfordfile seems not to realize that this happened in California, home of the most stringent gun laws in the US. Rather than having his rifle "because of repuke pos", it's more likely he obtained it illegally, because pos-thugling could not pass a background check.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2022, 04:01:34 PM »
Here's the thread winner so far.

fescuerescue (4,151 posts)

17. Hopefully the store owner get's charged as well as the robbers

Store owner isn't judge and jury and in no jurisdiction, is the penalty for shoplifting getting an arm taken off.

Wow.  The store owner didn't penalize them for shoplifting, he penalized them for the other people they had already harmed, were going to harm, and the destruction they were going to leave behind.

He stopped the mass murder of at least 20 people and you can't prove me wrong.

KC

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2022, 04:10:58 PM »
Since this happened in Riverside County, not San Francisco County, fescuerescue's  :stoner:-fantasy looks unlikely to become reality.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2022, 04:22:28 PM »
Here's the thread winner so far.

fescuerescue (4,151 posts)

17. Hopefully the store owner get's charged as well as the robbers

Store owner isn't judge and jury and in no jurisdiction, is the penalty for shoplifting getting an arm taken off.

Wow.  The store owner didn't penalize them for shoplifting, he penalized them for the other people they had already harmed, were going to harm, and the destruction they were going to leave behind.

He stopped the mass murder of at least 20 people and you can't prove me wrong.

KC

And so the Rittenhousing of the store owner begins...

Either that DU poster is hopelessly confused, or they are promoting the radical left's view of self-defense (which is, that you're not supposed to have it).

Anyway, what is the extent of the robber's injuries? Did he in fact get his arm ****ed up, or was that hyperbole? With all the hyperbole surrounding AR-15s, I've been thinking a lot of people are ignorant of the amount of damage a really big gun can do.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2022, 04:58:55 PM »
sarisataka (14,261 posts)

21. Shoplifting?

I never have heard of armed robbery referred to as shoplifting.

:whistling:

My goodness. A Muppet with sense. Better be careful there.  :popcorn:

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2022, 05:25:50 PM »
Silent3 (12,485 posts)

14. Not that I'm in favor of everyone arming themselves for protection...

...since that goes wrong more often than it goes right, I would use lethal force (if I had it on hand) against anyone threatening me with lethal force or severe bodily harm.

Even if the implied situation is "Give us your money/property, and we won't use this lethal force".

Anyone willing to threaten me, or others, with death or severe physical harm for their own selfish desires immediately drops in value as a human being as far as I'm concerned.

How does arming yourself for self defense go wrong more often than it goes right?

What a pantload.  The overwhelming majority of people with self defense firearms never shoot anyone, much less the "wrong" person.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2022, 06:17:48 PM »
Since this happened in Riverside County, not San Francisco County, fescuerescue's  :stoner:-fantasy looks unlikely to become reality.

You’re right. That’s like two blocks from the hotel I stay at in Norco a few times a year. The Norco, Corona and Eastvayle areas having been getting more dangerous over the last few years
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2022, 06:19:53 PM »
How does arming yourself for self defense go wrong more often than it goes right?

What a pantload.  The overwhelming majority of people with self defense firearms never shoot anyone, much less the "wrong" person.

Every day, they prove Ronald Reagan right.

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2022, 06:24:50 PM »

My goodness. A Muppet with sense. Better be careful there.  :popcorn:

Sarisataka is a reasonable Lib (weird, I know).  Full on 2nd Amendment supporter (or plays one in the 'Gungeon'). 
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2022, 06:48:25 PM »
rockfordfile (8,443 posts)

16. Well the pos had a gun because of repuke pos

This was a store owner. Ban AR-15. Restrict guns in public areas. is a common sense start.

Hold on there, li'l buckeroo. Apparently your wee mind hasn't caught up to the paradigm shift that's occured as a consequence of y'all LOSING NYSRPA vs. Bruenn last month ...bless your hearts.

See, our side - that's the millions of us that own "assault" rifles - no longer have to justify owning these weapons to the likes of you. Nowwwww, ... YOU GUN GRABBERS have the  DUTY to specifically identify the founding era law that provides justifying  PRECEDENT for your intended infringement of the 2nd Amendment rights of your neighbors, or your "common sense gun control" law is dead on arrival.

Now, before you scream  NUH-HUUUUHHH at the top of your tantrum-throwing lungs and plug your ears, it's already struck down exactly what y'all are proposing, deader than dogshit. Some leftist-run shithole in Commie-rado was having its AR-15 ban appealed before the 10th Circuit, and the chief judge on the panel - appointed by no less than Reggie Love's Li'l Bitch - was "forced" (his word, not mine) to strike the city's statute because of the USSC's directions in v.Bruenn

So go ahead DUmmies. Ban all AR-15s and any other salty boi rifle that offends your "common sense" sensibilities. Do it. I triple-dog dare you...

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2022, 10:09:54 PM »
Only a DUmmy would object to disarming a violent thug.

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2022, 10:49:05 PM »
Great job by the store owner.
Scumbag "he shot my arm off" LMAO

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2022, 04:29:06 AM »
Someone should ask fescuerescue what his/her personal cutoff is on when you’re allowed to shoot.

KC

*Stolen

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2022, 08:04:30 AM »

That reminds of when the guy shot in the arm by Rittenhouse testified about his "bicep getting vaporized" (in reality, I don't think he even dropped the gun that was in his hand).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 08:42:58 AM by ADsOutburst »

Offline SVPete

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2022, 08:48:54 AM »
Someone should ask fescuerescue what his/her personal cutoff is on when you’re allowed to shoot.

KC

(s)He refuses to think about such circumstances. Or maybe (s)he fantasizes that his/her golden tongue would defuse any threat situation, up to and including a threat of nuclear war.

The phrase is used more in civil law, but an armed robber or home invader or ... assume the risks that their intended victim is capable of and will defend themselves. I'm so mean that I really do hope this thug-wannabe's arm really was Rittenhoused.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2022, 09:41:58 AM »
(s)He refuses to think about such circumstances. Or maybe (s)he fantasizes that his/her golden tongue would defuse any threat situation, up to and including a threat of nuclear war.

The phrase is used more in civil law, but an armed robber or home invader or ... assume the risks that their intended victim is capable of and will defend themselves. I'm so mean that I really do hope this thug-wannabe's arm really was Rittenhoused.

Personally, as a man who has almost always worked in a very dangerous field, I look at what these thugs get while committing a crime as an occupational hazard and nothing more.  Risk mitigation for them is extremely simple to implement.  Stop being a THUG!

KC

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2022, 10:27:45 AM »

Personally, as a man who has almost always worked in a very dangerous field, I look at what these thugs get while committing a crime as an occupational hazard and nothing more.  Risk mitigation for them is extremely simple to implement.  Stop being a THUG!

KC

Yeah, the occupational risks I assume are paper cuts and dropping a 5 pound power supply on my toe, :rotf: . Not being a thug, for some reason, has not been difficult for me. And thank you for however and wherever you served, Texacon.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 11:30:23 AM by SVPete »

Offline FaC

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2022, 11:38:12 AM »

Too bad it was not "he shot my head off"...