Author Topic: Covid/Walgrees/Urgent Care Bouncy  (Read 373 times)

Offline RuralNc

Covid/Walgrees/Urgent Care Bouncy
« on: July 30, 2022, 08:39:57 PM »
https://democraticunderground.com/100216985398

AllyCat (13,203 posts)

So, Covid has finally landed in our house. Paxlovid is not an option

It’s not an option because of woo. Mr AC came down with symptoms last night and after some pressure from me, did a home test. Positive. Everyone else negative.

He has some risk factors. State health website says doctor or pharmacist can prescribe. Only thing open is the dreaded Walgreens who deferred to urgent care. Called urgent care, only to be informed that the doctor on today doesn’t prescribe it because he “doesn’t believe in it.”

WTF? I asked the nurse about whether he follows “belief” on other kinds of treatments or if science would prevail.

She said “there are different kinds of science”. I’m stunned. This is DANE COUNTY, not some backwoods treatment center. She advised me to have him call his doctor on Monday.

No wonder it isn’t getting prescribed if idiots like this are in charge. Bet he doesn’t believe in women’s healthcare either.

Uh huh. This didnt happen. Most likely, this Muppet hates Walgreens and wants an excuse to make her Husband suffer. Sad what these progs. will do to their possibly otherwise normal family members in the name Liberalism.

Phoenix61 (13,431 posts)

3. I'd get his name and file a report with the licensing board. nt

AllyCat (13,203 posts)

22. Planning on it. She wouldn't give me his name.

Then said he’s the only doctor there that won’t provide it.

Oh how convenient. Wouldnt give you the name. Uh huh.

Rebl2 (7,609 posts)

14. That Urgent care

nurse should not be working in urgent care. Think I would have called my doctors office and left a message for weekend on call doctor. I bet they would send out prescription right away since the dumb Walgreens pharmacy refused to fill it without you seeing idiot at urgent care. I bet that pharmacist knew the nurses beliefs. What a horrible Walgreens. I don’t care for mine either. The few times I went there for prescriptions they were not friendly. The CVS I go to is totally. They are kind to me and friendly.

:mental:

Offline Delmar

Re: Covid/Walgrees/Urgent Care Bouncy
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 09:40:00 PM »
What's this Paxlovid, some kind of horse paste?  I thought masks and vaccines are the only leftist approved ways to fight the China virus.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 07:05:05 AM »
What's this Paxlovid, some kind of horse paste?  I thought masks and vaccines are the only leftist approved ways to fight the China virus.

Its there new "cure-all" that works great. Except when it doesnt. I.E., Biden having "rebound Covid" and suddenly their excuse is "thats perfectly normal".  :thatsright:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 08:28:33 AM »
 :bouncy: Paxlovid is a prescription med. So is Veklury. Deal with it.

:bouncy: Deferred to urgent care? You don't have a PCP who is on call or doesn't have a colleague who is?

:bouncy: The doctor on-shift at urgent care is the one doctor who "doesn’t believe in it"? :bouncy: Unless (s)he's someone like Joseph Mercola, who apparently believes all diseases can be cured by nutritional supplements and the urgent care place is desperate for doctor staff, ...... :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:. "Alternatives to Western Medicine" have consequences.

:bouncy: Maybe AllyCat should try burning some sage.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2022, 08:40:45 AM »
HCQ or Ivermectin anyone? Anyone? Those have clinical trials and have been proven super safe for over 40 years but were BANNED by democrat politicians. I hate to think of how many people died because of that.

I know this is a bouncy but I hope that the DUmmys all get monkey pox and die horrible deaths.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2022, 09:10:22 AM »
I thought I read or heard that Paxlovid wasn’t as effective if you had the vaccine and boosters. That it actually was more effective for those who are not vaccinated.

Maybe I misheard or misunderstood.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2022, 10:00:49 AM »
I thought I read or heard that Paxlovid wasn’t as effective if you had the vaccine and boosters. That it actually was more effective for those who are not vaccinated.

Maybe I misheard or misunderstood.

I don't know about that specific context, but from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirmatrelvir/ritonavir#History :

The primary data supporting the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) emergency use authorization for nirmatrelvir/ritonavir are from EPIC-HR, a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial studying nirmatrelvir/ritonavir for the treatment of non-hospitalized symptomatic adults with a laboratory confirmed diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 infection. Participants were adults 18 years of age and older with a prespecified risk factor for progression to severe disease or were 60 years and older regardless of prespecified chronic medical conditions. All participants had not received a COVID-19 vaccine and had not been previously infected with COVID-19. ...

From a test design POV, excluding people who had been vaccinated or had recovered from Covid makes sense. The point of the test was to observe the effects of Paxlovid, and antibodies against Covid, whether from vaccine or recovery, could skew those observations due to the antibodies attacking SARS-CoV-2 viruses. BUT the real-life usage is usually (>70% of US people have been at least fully vaccinated, and a significant % of people have recovered from Covid - I'm both, recovered and later vaccinated), these are recipient contexts that were not tested.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.