Author Topic: Two Years before This Photo Was Taken, I Was a Campaign Volunteer for JFK  (Read 442 times)

Offline CC27

MineralMan (144,378 posts)

Two Years before This Photo Was Taken, I Was a Campaign Volunteer for JFK

That photo of my and the family dog was taken 60 years ago, when I was 16 years old. Today, I'm 77 years old. It's incredible to me that the person that was that high school kid is still involved in politics and still trying to elect Democrats to office.

JFK was my introduction into Democratic politics. While much about me has changed, that 16-year-old is still alive in me, and still just as committed to trying to move the USA in a progressive direction. There have been many setbacks and challenges, but I still have the same hope in my heart that I had over sixty years ago. I'm still hoping to see more progress take place.

That's why I constantly post this on my posts on DU:

GOTV!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216982088

Ten bucks says you were a condescending prick back then also.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

Isn't MM about due for another shoulder replacement from continually patting himself on the back?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Nice-looking dog; too bad he had such a moronic owner.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Dblhaul

So, what Rockhead is telling us is that he never grew out of being a stupid teenager.

Offline 67 Rover

Rockhead would never vote for JFK today.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a

Absolutely true. On most issues, JFK would considered an "Ultra MAGA Extremist Republican".
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
So, what Rockhead is telling us is that he never grew out of being a stupid teenager.

Neither did 95% of the rest of the DUmp Monkies. Which is sad, since the majority of them are sept-/oct-igenarians by now.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
And don’t forget in rockhead math, 60+16=77

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline RuralNc

Is it just me, and maybe because the age of the photo, resolution, angle, etc, but he looks to be a 40 year old man?  :???:

Offline Drafe Hoblin

While much about me has changed...

Obviously.  JFK cut taxes and government-revenue rose.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

Rockhead confession contains no excuse for being a complete moron or his anti-American tirades.  GFY demtard.

Offline SVPete

By modern Prog standards, JFK was a ravening Fascist and a woman-abuser deserving to be #MeTooed.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
So what you're saying, is that in 62 years you've learned nothing.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline SVPete

So what you're saying, is that in 62 years you've learned nothing.

Well, in 62 years of following the magic golden D, MM hasn’t noticed how far, far, left the D Party has raced. He didn’t even notice, despite being the son of an orchardist , how anti-agriculture the D Party has been, for decades. So I’d say he’s learned less than nothing.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.

Neither would the majority of Democrats.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe