Author Topic: Went to the grocery store an hour ago. One thing that struck me.  (Read 811 times)

Offline CC27

Star Member Samrob (1,852 posts)

Went to the grocery store an hour ago. One thing that struck me.
All the tabloids that you find glaring at you as you go through the check out were absent ANYTHING about Trump, J6, or any of the insurrectionist Congresscritters from the House and Senate. Wow.

When Benghazi was going on, Hillary was on every tabloid there was from holding alien babies, to embracing Muslims. I use to spend a lot my time then turning the tabloids around so that the cover wasn't showing. The only thing surprising about this is that it took me so long to notice. I guess because I usually ignore the tabloids. Anyway, "they" told us how they play the game some time ago. The tabloid monopoly is owned by the anti-democracy, anti-truth, anti-fact, fascist-Nazi conglomerate.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216968604

You are a freaking moron.

Offline SVPete

Re: Went to the grocery store an hour ago. One thing that struck me.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 02:34:54 PM »
While I think this claim fictional, "When Benghazi was going on, Hillary was on every tabloid there was ...," the grocery store tabs sell what they know interests grocery store customers, :tongue:  :fuelfire: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 02:46:38 PM »
Turning the tabloids around because you know nobody wants to read about a bastard child of Edward's while his wife was dying of cancer.  :popcorn:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 03:02:28 PM »
The shelves are not a full as they used to be and the prices are noticeably higher.
I don't give a crap what the headlines in on the tabloids so I ignore them. I have an actual life.

That is all.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 05:07:36 PM »
The shelves are not a full as they used to be and the prices are noticeably higher.
I don't give a crap what the headlines in on the tabloids so I ignore them. I have an actual life.

That is all.

^^^^THIS X 1000^^^^

And that is all anybody cares about.

I went to buy my dog food on Amazon in the past few day I have observed this set of price JUMPS. Thursday $26 (should have bought then double what I usually buy then). Friday same bag same brand was $34. Saturday was $37. Sunday $39. Today, Monday was $53. It had more than doubled in 5 days.

My advice to all is to buy now and buy a lot.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2022, 05:39:32 PM »
The tabloid monopoly is owned by the anti-democracy, anti-truth, anti-fact, fascist-Nazi conglomerate.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2022, 06:00:19 PM »

That is all.

I pay so little attention to the stuff around checkstands that I really don't know whether mags or tabs are being displayed. Sometimes I notice when there are candy bars and stuff, but my shopping strategy is Get In, Get It, Get Out, so I almost never succumb to impulse bait.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2022, 06:21:22 PM »

That is all.

that was pellucidly clear

:-)

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2022, 06:23:26 PM »

That is all.

Well, that's "pellucidly clear".

:-)
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2022, 06:59:58 PM »

The tabloid monopoly is owned by the anti-democracy, anti-truth, anti-fact, fascist-Nazi conglomerate.

Wait....so the DNC, George Soros and leftists controll the tabloid monopoly?
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2022, 08:03:21 PM »
You are a freaking moron.

Star Member Samrob (1,852 posts)

All the tabloids that you find glaring at you as you go through the check out were absent ANYTHING about Trump, J6, or any of the insurrectionist Congresscritters from the House and Senate. Wow.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216968604

Mercy!  Samrob ,,,

Oh, the horror of it all!   Poor baby!!!  Nothing negative about Trump for you to rejoice about?  :sosad:  :sosad:

~ ABC   :lmao:   :lmao:

Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2022, 10:10:35 PM »
Wait! Yiu mean Donald Trump holds no political office and 1/6 was just a bunch of stupid yahoos who did stupid stuff?

NAAAAAAAHHH!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2022, 08:22:25 AM »
All the tabloids that you find glaring at you as you go through the check out were absent ANYTHING about Trump

I guess you are totally disappointed to not have him to bitch about. now you need to look around to find  something else to be mad about. :thatsright:

It is scary to see prices rising daily and empty spots on grocery store shelves. and with the current bunch of fools running things it can only get worse. :mad: :rant: :rant:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2022, 08:29:55 AM »
I guess monopolizing television coverage of the 1/6 hearings isn't enough.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2022, 08:47:54 AM »

Have Food and H & G networks sent thank you cards to the alphabet-soupers for the extra viewers during those times? :rotf:

Pelosiroo had a former ABC Skews VP stagecrafting their Kangaro Kourt Smearings, but viewers found Guy Fieri and House Hunters re-runs more interesting, https://nypost.com/2022/07/22/jan-6-hearing-ratings-down-from-opener-draws-17-7m-viewers/ .

DUpipo's hoped for Trump-Shattering Kaboom was a fizzle, as usual.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2022, 11:17:22 AM »
The nation is in terrible trouble. Food prices are skyrocketing. Chicken now costs 3 to 5 times what it did two years ago. Beef has doubled and then some. Energy prices are skyrocketing. Fuel prices are over double what they were two years ago.  Food shortages are no longer just over the horizon, they're in sight. Stalwart American companies such as Weber are laying off American workers and suspending quarterly profit sharing.

And these idiots are more worried about whether or not tabloids are covering the dem/uniparty efforts to smear their political opposition.

I hope these fools bear as much of the brunt for the stupidity they support, in the most painful and personal ways, as is possible.

They absolutely deserve it.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 11:19:45 AM by CollectivismMustDie »
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2022, 12:14:01 PM »
It's a bad omen when the tabloids look at a story and decide it's too much bullshit even for them.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2022, 08:35:32 PM »
I originally came into this thread thinking the DU OP would be about prices, or shortages, or something of that nature.

Nope, it was tabloids.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2022, 10:17:04 PM »

No one watched them so there is that
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline 3rd-try

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2022, 01:41:35 AM »
The nation is in terrible trouble. Food prices are skyrocketing. Chicken now costs 3 to 5 times what it did two years ago. Beef has doubled and then some. Energy prices are skyrocketing. Fuel prices are over double what they were two years ago.  Food shortages are no longer just over the horizon, they're in sight. Stalwart American companies such as Weber are laying off American workers and suspending quarterly profit sharing.

And these idiots are more worried about whether or not tabloids are covering the dem/uniparty efforts to smear their political opposition.

I hope these fools bear as much of the brunt for the stupidity they support, in the most painful and personal ways, as is possible.

All have one thing in common. None are Trump's fault. In fact, all these are JB creations. But Joe is doing all of this to pacify the Ultra-greenies and China. Samrob... Review earthday predictions from 1970 until now. How many of them proved accurate? So this entire country is at risk. FOR WHAT?

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2022, 08:52:14 AM »

There are not enough hi fives for this comment. Life is going to get more painful for nearly everyone, and very soon. Growth numbers come out tomorrow, as do some important earnings numbers, and they WILL govern how companies respond.  DUmmies, who mostly exist on fixed government incomes, will never say much about it, and if they do, they'll blame companies for price gouging (um, yeah - all companies in the world decided to just RAISE PRICES IN UNISON at the same time...right) instead of the *******ed idiotic horseshit social engineering experiment known as Covid-19. Turns out you CAN'T use a flimsy virus that was a danger to 1% of the population to shut down the world and issue government scrip in place of actual physical productivity.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.