Author Topic: Serious question here regarding abortion  (Read 282 times)

Online CC27

Serious question here regarding abortion
« on: July 25, 2022, 07:48:33 AM »
moose65 (2,603 posts)

I was thinking about this yesterday.

Some states are banning abortion with no exceptions, or with exceptions for rape, incest, or when the mother's life is in danger.

I wonder if the "rape and incest" exceptions have ever been used. I mean, what kind of "proof" would be needed in those cases? When the mother's life is in danger, there are doctors who can verify that.

If a woman says that she was raped, is her word enough? Women are already not believed when it comes to sexual assault. I can't imagine that these crazy, backward states would accept her word. And if she somehow had to "prove" she was raped, that could take forever if it had to be a court case.

Same thing with incest. Would there be a DNA test to "prove" it?

This is why there can't and shouldn't be any restrictions on abortions. The "rape and incest" exceptions may sound good, but they're actually abstractions. In real life, they would never work.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216967483

Go outside and get some fresh air.  :whatever:

Offline freedumb2003b

Re: Serious question here regarding abortion
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 10:17:02 PM »
All babies born as a result of rape or incedt mudt be out to death after delivery.

Not my rule it is what the left demands.

The good news is it is less than 2% of all pregnancies.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 10:24:51 PM »
It would be great if these...'people'...ever had any serious questions about parenting.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 09:38:17 AM »
moose65 (2,603 posts)

I was thinking about this yesterday.

Some states are banning abortion with no exceptions, or with exceptions for rape, incest, or when the mother's life is in danger.

I wonder if the "rape and incest" exceptions have ever been used. I mean, what kind of "proof" would be needed in those cases? When the mother's life is in danger, there are doctors who can verify that.

If a woman says that she was raped, is her word enough? Women are already not believed when it comes to sexual assault. I can't imagine that these crazy, backward states would accept her word. And if she somehow had to "prove" she was raped, that could take forever if it had to be a court case.

Same thing with incest. Would there be a DNA test to "prove" it?

This is why there can't and shouldn't be any restrictions on abortions. The "rape and incest" exceptions may sound good, but they're actually abstractions. In real life, they would never work.

:ohmy:

Such absolute, empty-headed, rubbish.  All of it!!!   

"If a woman says that she was raped, is her word enough?"   

A raped woman, after she/or a family member, first notifies the police soon after, can even have the semen tested for it's DNA.

"The "rape and incest" exceptions may sound good, but they're actually abstractions. In real life, they would never work." 

Rape & incest exceptions are not "abstractions" Both acts are actual CRIMES and can be proven!!!

« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 09:53:12 AM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)