Author Topic: The White House is pointing out that the US isn't really in a recession  (Read 1803 times)

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
Re: The White House is pointing out that the US isn't really in a recession
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2022, 12:53:51 PM »
less likely

As if the discussion is about card counting and odds in vegas, and not a simple binary.

These people are a pox on reality.

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2022, 01:42:49 PM »
I heard a clip of someone saying "by the metrics that real experts use, we're not in a recession". Then I looked at the screen to see which "real expert" was talking.

It was Paul Krugman.  :lmao:

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2022, 04:26:04 PM »
I heard a clip of someone saying "by the metrics that real experts use, we're not in a recession". Then I looked at the screen to see which "real expert" was talking.

It was Paul Krugman.  :lmao:

The idiot who's been wrong about E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. Said the economy would crash once Trump took office and that it would take off like a rocket under Biden. Pretty much if the ****er tells me Friday is going to be a beautiful, sunny day, I'm taking the truck to forge through the floodwaters.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2022, 05:11:30 PM »
The idiot who's been wrong about E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. Said the economy would crash once Trump took office and that it would take off like a rocket under Biden. Pretty much if the ****er tells me Friday is going to be a beautiful, sunny day, I'm taking the truck to forge through the floodwaters.

Any mathematician worth their salt can produce a "forecast or projection" to reflect what the person who is paying for the study or research wants the result to be. Projections have built in assumptions, but smart eggs such as myself study the data and make recommendations accordingly not to be forced by a desired outcome.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender