Author Topic: Home Prices Too High Where You Are? That's in the News, but Maybe Not.  (Read 313 times)

Offline CC27

MineralMan (144,273 posts)

Home Prices Too High Where You Are? That's in the News, but Maybe Not.

Finding a home right now in many states is something that might seem out of reach. That's especially true in major metro areas. One answer, if your employment situation is flexible or if you're retired or getting ready to retire, is to look farther out from that metro area. the price difference can be dramatic. Here's an example:

Prices in the Twin Cities metro area have gone up - way up. Median prices for single family homes are in the mid 300s, and they're selling fast. Even townhomes start in the mid 200s.

On the other hand, if you range your search outside of the metro area, it's a different story. For example, if you look in Winona, a river town on the Mississippi, you'll find a good supply of single family homes under $200k. they're not staying on the market long, but they're available. Winona is not far from Rochester, home of the Mayo Clinic, and just over an hour from the Twin Cities. It's recognized as a nice place to live, without any question.

Really, if you look in smaller communities at least an hour from the main metro area in Minnesota, you'll find similar situations all around the state.

The same is true pretty much everywhere, really. The question is: Can you live in one of those communities? Some people can, but don't realize that they can. Retirees can, for sure. Do you want to live in a smaller city? Are you sure you don't? Maybe getting away from the large metro area can be a fresh start. I don't know. It's up to every individual or family to assess their own needs and the future.

There are opportunities, if you search for them. You'd need to do some research, check your priorities, etc., but there are opportunities in every state. Even in California. Truly, there are, if you look around and are flexible.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216952095

BLAH BLAH nobody cares what you say.

Offline SVPete

I'm sure DU's government-social-program-dependent members will agree that "Home Prices Too High". Because government social programs don't support the lifestyle to which they feeeeeeel entitled. Speaking of UGP, is she still whiningly yowling over on DU?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

You can get a good deal on a fixer upper in Detroit

Or move to LA and live rent free and get a stipend from the goobermint.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline jukin

The most devastating and longest lasting destructive weapon in the world is black democrat controlled city government.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline RuralNc

Rockhead, no shit. Everybody knows that. Nothing new.  :loser:

Offline landofconfusion80

Why would they care? The multiple gofundme campaigns displays the average primitive's lack of financial sense
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)