Author Topic: DU Solution- Gas Rationing!  (Read 517 times)

Offline RuralNc

DU Solution- Gas Rationing!
« on: July 20, 2022, 07:03:03 PM »
https://democraticunderground.com/100216948712

rgbecker (4,722 posts)

Finally, sensible talk about what really needs to be done! Ration Gas.

At least the Europeans are considering a workable, proven method to address material shortages caused by WAR. A 15% cut of use would really stabilize prices and availability to essential uses...like food production...rather than vacation drives etc.

I suggested this months ago and was met head on by the DU "free enterprise wing of the Democratic party."

Rationing worked in 1942-5, it could work today. This needs to happen with Natural Gas and Gasoline.

How about you go **** yourself with a piece of barbwire?

For the last time, we are not Europe. As much as you muppets worship Europe, or at least what traits you want to worship of Europe.

Scrivener7 (43,674 posts)

3. I guess the planet boiling isn't reason enough.

No. No its not. And its not boiling. Its called summer. Grow up. 

Several muppets chime in, but for the wrong reasons. Mostly because they would lose in the midterms, and it would can whats left of old Joes term. Thats the only reason they think its a bad idea.  :whatever:

Offline jukin

Re: DU Solution- Gas Rationing!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 07:13:11 PM »
Hey ignorant and very very stupid DUmbass DUchebags, china is building coal fired power plants at record breaking speed. This year alone they will build 8% of our total coal plants. Until that is recognized, suck a wet greasy turd out of my B-hole.

The lack of any thing resembling intelligence at the DUmp is astounding.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2022, 07:15:16 PM »
https://democraticunderground.com/100216948712

How about you go **** yourself with a piece of barbwire?

For the last time, we are not Europe. As much as you muppets worship Europe, or at least what traits you want to worship of Europe.

No. No its not. And its not boiling. Its called summer. Grow up. 

Several muppets chime in, but for the wrong reasons. Mostly because they would lose in the midterms, and it would can whats left of old Joes term. Thats the only reason they think its a bad idea.  :whatever:

For ****s face, those...'people' are stupid.

:thatsright:

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2022, 07:24:17 PM »
So cutting supply stabilizes the price?

Pretty sure it doesn’t work that way.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2022, 07:49:36 PM »
Oh please, oh please, oh please!!!! Implement that ASAP!!! Or, maybge in September or October. Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaase!!!!!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2022, 08:11:29 PM »
I don't knw know why the primitive thinks that gasoline rationing 1942-1945 "worked."

It was implemented to save rubber, not gasoline.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2022, 08:13:38 PM »
Oh please, oh please, oh please!!!! Implement that ASAP!!! Or, maybge in September or October. Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaase!!!!!

Food rationing is more likely, and sooner than anyone thinks. Farm reports are not good.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2022, 09:02:51 PM »
rgbecker (4,722 posts)

At least the Europeans are considering a workable, proven method to address material shortages caused by WAR. A 15% cut of use would really stabilize prices and availability to essential uses...like food production...rather than vacation drives etc.

I suggested this months ago and was met head on by the DU "free enterprise wing of the Democratic party."

Rationing worked in 1942-5, it could work today. This needs to happen with Natural Gas and Gasoline.

Europe Does A Complete U-Turn On African Oil And Gas
https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php?topic=129917.0

The EU Is Buying More South African Coal Than Ever
https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php?topic=129611.0
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 09:12:23 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2022, 07:53:50 AM »
1. Propose rationing gasoline, Democrats, and see what happens in November.
2. Tomorrow, I'll be going with some of my family on a vacation to our vacation cabin in Canada, driving all the way up (We live in Florida). It'll be our first time making it up there in three years, due to the pandemic closing the border two years ago and my mother having a severe health crisis last summer that prevented us from going up last year,  and I'm going to enjoy every moment of it. Suck it, DUmmies.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2022, 08:22:45 AM »
Amazing to me that they want you to stop driving your car, turn off you air conditioner, stop eating meat, ride your bike to work while they fly to their beachfront home every weekend on private jets and then have the gall to lecture everyone on this so called "emergency".  :whatever:

Let's Go Brandon!
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2022, 10:01:59 AM »
rgbecker (4,722 posts)

Please! Please! Please!! Please!!! Please enshrine gas rationing into the Dem Party Platform!!!

I don't think the Dems would be that stupid, but I've notoriously under-estimated Dem stupidity these past few years.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2022, 12:29:05 PM »
Please! Please! Please!! Please!!! Please enshrine gas rationing into the Dem Party Platform!!!

I don't think the Dems would be that stupid, but I've notoriously under-estimated Dem stupidity these past few years.

That would be MAGNIFICENT!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2022, 12:36:18 PM »
I don't knw know why the primitive thinks that gasoline rationing 1942-1945 "worked."

It must be the gospel from Howard Zinn in one of his books that indoctrinated many libs.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2022, 01:05:25 PM »

IIRC, there was a war going on and gasoline was also needed for things like airplane, tanks, trucks, and jeeps.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2022, 06:28:47 PM »
Let's go jimmah!
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)