Author Topic: Are you angrier now then before being on social media?  (Read 615 times)

Offline CC27

Are you angrier now then before being on social media?
« on: July 19, 2022, 09:43:39 AM »
Kaleva (30,835 posts)

A majority of DUers are seniors or near seniors so I'm talking about comparing now to back before tweets, texting, Facebook, internet forums and such.

Some may argue that they are angrier now but it has nothing to do with social media which is a far point but we've all seen posts by fellow members who say they are going to take a break from here for awhile because it's taking a toll on them.

Almost daily immersion in bad news and conflict might have a negative impact on one's emotions.

I'm not saying that being on social media defiantly has an impact on a person's emotions but it would be something to consider if one has noticed a change.
25 votes, 0 passes | Time left: Unlimited
I'm angrier more often now then before
13 (52%)
I'm about the same.
7 (28%)
I'm happier more often now then before
5 (20%)
0 DU members did not wish to select any of the options provided.
Show usernamesDisclaimer: This is an Internet poll

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216943369

You have been pissed off since 2000 when 43 got elected. Spare me.

Offline SVPete

Re: Are you angrier now then before being on social media?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 09:58:41 AM »
Kaleva (30,835 posts)

As Tess would say, :rotf: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 10:00:29 AM »
No duh they're angrier. They've surrounded themselves with people who feed them a steady diet of "NAZIs are everywhere", "racist killer cops are everywhere", "global warming disasters are everywhere", "traitors and seditionists are everywhere", and a healthy dose of hoplophobia, not to mention rhetoric dehumanizing republicans.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 11:59:20 AM »
The problem with social media is that it has allowed large groups of deranged individuals, who were once separated by geography, to find each other, and adopt each other psychosis's so that the whole becomes greater than the sum of the individuals. Before the internet, it was hard for these nut cases to spread their ideas and find those who agreed with them. Now mass delusion is a Facebook post away. I don't believe there would be this push for wokeness if all the woke individuals didn't have access to all the forms of social media that exists now.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 02:07:18 PM »
The problem with social media is that it has allowed large groups of deranged individuals, who were once separated by geography, to find each other, and adopt each other psychosis's so that the whole becomes greater than the sum of the individuals. Before the internet, it was hard for these nut cases to spread their ideas and find those who agreed with them. Now mass delusion is a Facebook post away. I don't believe there would be this push for wokeness if all the woke individuals didn't have access to all the forms of social media that exists now.

This is correct. Social media also encourages the delusion that everyone's opinion matters. Everyone's opinion does not matter, and is not relevant to much of the actual world. Public education nowadays plants the idea that no matter what you think, it's true, and social media is the deployment mechanism for that delusion.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2022, 02:25:55 PM »
Since anger and hatred having been the defining constant core of DU, how could social media make a difference?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2022, 02:30:25 PM »
Liberal controlled social media is the ruination of the country. A few people post lies and untruths that some take as gospel. it's mostly a one sided conversation.

And the ones with low IQ's buy it as the truth.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2022, 02:34:27 PM »
And the ones with low IQ's buy it as the truth.

No matter what stupidity I come across, I always roll my eyes and remind myself that half of the country is dumber than average.
 You know, statistics don't lie because that's a fact. And as we all know, the low IQ people are mostly Democrats.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2022, 06:47:02 PM »
Kaleva (30,835 posts)

A majority of DUers are seniors or near seniors so I'm talking about comparing now to back before tweets, texting, Facebook, internet forums and such.

Some may argue that they are angrier now but it has nothing to do with social media which is a far point but we've all seen posts by fellow members who say they are going to take a break from here for awhile because it's taking a toll on them.

Almost daily immersion in bad news and conflict might have a negative impact on one's emotions.

I'm not saying that being on social media defiantly has an impact on a person's emotions but it would be something to consider if one has noticed a change.
25 votes, 0 passes | Time left: Unlimited
I'm angrier more often now then before
13 (52%)
I'm about the same.
7 (28%)
I'm happier more often now then before
5 (20%)
0 DU members did not wish to select any of the options provided.
Show usernamesDisclaimer: This is an Internet poll

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216943369

You guys are always angry social media or not.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2022, 07:12:02 PM »
When all else fails the leftist scum...

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2022, 07:45:25 PM »

"The problem with social media is that it has allowed large groups of deranged individuals, who were once separated by geography, to find each other, and adopt each other psychosis's so that the whole becomes greater than the sum of the individuals."

Wow, FlaGator ... "so that the whole becomes greater than the sum of the individuals."

You are so correct!!! Would gladly award you  1,000  :hi5: s  for this if I could!   Hugs, ~ ABC

Hell with it, since I tend to always wear my heart on my sleeve in here ...  :blowkiss:  (blush) :bolt:

Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2022, 08:01:24 PM »
 :badass:

hunter (35,648 posts)

27. I'm less likely to be injured fighting on social media than I am fighting in person.

When I was an angry young man arguments could be bloody. Literally.

I've got some wicked scars and achy bones that remind me to walk away when arguments get too hot.

So I've voted "happier."

Who is this? Hoyt 2.0?  :loser:

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2022, 08:30:01 PM »
:badass:

Who is this? Hoyt 2.0?  :loser:

I think that's his/its way of admitting the receipt of some ass kickings.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2022, 08:55:38 PM »
The left is never happy. This has happened before with Obama. His first 2 years they held both houses of Congress and they still weren’t happy. Same situation now and they’re angrier than ever. They could have a veto proof Senate and a big majority in the House and still find reasons to be angry. Fear and anger is the food that feeds them. They are the pinnacle of authoritarianism.

So  :popcorn:  Because what else is there to do with such fools?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2022, 02:17:41 AM »
ESAD you ignorant leftist social media scum :-)

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2022, 08:59:57 AM »
I was 'angry' that Twitter wouldn't allow me to post a Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In gif to a question about how I thought the 1/6 committee did last week (everybody dancing & posing).

That's about it for an emotional reaction to social-networking, one direction or another.   

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2022, 09:14:05 AM »
I was 'angry' that Twitter wouldn't allow me to post a Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In gif to a question about how I thought the 1/6 committee did last week (everybody dancing & posing).

That's about it for an emotional reaction to social-networking, one direction or another.

This Rowan & Martin set?

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2022, 10:14:39 AM »

At least the 1/6 Hollywood production will not be picked up for a second season.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2022, 01:46:02 PM »

If not you need to take some anger pills
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2022, 03:28:07 PM »
If not you need to take some anger pills

I've got some anger suppositories I can give 'em...

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2022, 07:25:41 PM »
Who wants to tell the DUmp that message boards are a type of social media?   :whistling:
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2022, 07:53:44 PM »
I've got some anger suppositories I can give 'em...

:ohmy: Ha! Ha! Ha!   :hi5:
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)