Author Topic: I need to find out if a clip of Joe Biden has been edited.  (Read 549 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I need to find out if a clip of Joe Biden has been edited.
« on: July 18, 2022, 07:13:06 PM »
Oh … WOW!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216941292

mahina

For context, Sten Eckburg is guy on YouTube who despite all appearances makes some really valid points and provides useful information. I was directed to him by a healthcare professional and I’ve learned a lot from him that has improved my health.

Yesterday I was listening to one of his videos, this one on preventing dementia. About midway he gave an example of a stage of dementia with a clip of our President.

I am quite sure that Joe is in full possession of all of his faculties. For the record, I think he is doing a fantastic job under really brutal circumstances. I object to this use of what I assume to be an edited clip for political use.

I want to respond to the author, but I’d like to know if the clip is a fair representation of what Joe actually said.

How can I find out?

I will add the link in a comment below so that my OP isn’t dinged for posting right wing bullshit.

Thanks DU!

There’s a video there I’ve never seen.  Here’s the transcript though!

WhiskeyGrinder
11. Here is a transcript of the clip that video you posted is taken from.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2021/09/11/remarks-by-president-biden-after-visiting-with-firefighters-and-their-families-on-the-20th-anniversary-of-the-september-11th-attacks/

And so, you know, it would be inappropriate for me to tell you the number of serious Republicans in the past, and a few that are still around, who call me and tell me, “What can I do to help?” Because they get it too. They may not agree with everything I say, but this idea that, you know, “What do you want to do with Biden?” “I want to box him.” I mean — you know. I should be so lucky. You know what I mean?

But it is — the kinds of things — or, you know, the stuff that’s coming out of Florida, the stuff that’s coming out of — you know, “If Robert E. Lee had been in Afghanistan, we would have won.”
Anyway, I’m telling you too much.

But the point is, what I’m thinking about today is what these people who — and I’ve got a piece of — a small piece of one of the beams they have — they gave me last time — or not last time, but how many times ago — and the flag they gave me. And I’m thinking of, you know, what — what — of the people who died, what would they be thinking? They think it makes sense for us to be in this kind of thing, where you ride down the street and someone has a sign saying “F so and so”? Or — it’s not who we are.

That’s all I’m bringing over but jeeze …

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Mary Ann

Re: I need to find out if a clip of Joe Biden has been edited.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 07:38:52 PM »
Saw this thread earlier, and it's HILARIOUS!! SOOOO much denial!

Star Member W_HAMILTON (5,037 posts)

1. If someone can listen to Biden for any length of time...

...and claim that he has dementia, rest assured that person has zero experience with someone actually afflicted with dementia and you can safely ignore their very much uninformed opinion.

I say this as the primary caregiver of someone with dementia.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 07:57:59 PM »
Saw this thread earlier, and it's HILARIOUS!! SOOOO much denial!

:rotf:

It’s getting funnier!!  I can’t bring over the posts responding to the transcript, but damn!

The OP won’t respond to the official White House transcript that’s posted.  :lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 08:08:44 PM »
blogslug (36,312 posts)

9. Sorry, no. I will not watch it

I've got my YouTube recommends tweaked just about right. I don't need videos like that messing up my experience there.

Dont want to upset your little world view, now do ya?

I love the fact that they keep attempting to discredit the video because its a Chiropractor. A Kindergartener could figure Biden out.  :-)

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2022, 08:21:33 PM »
If it's not dementia that's afflicting him, and he actually still has his wits about him, and he still says the insane shit that he says, that is perhaps even scarier.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 09:15:02 PM by ADsOutburst »

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2022, 09:03:09 PM »
If it's not dementia that's afflicting him, and he actually still has his wits about him, and he still say the insane shit that he says, that is perhaps even scarier.

Whether from dementia or malice, LIEden has been doing serious harm to the US and Americans. IOW, "dementia or malice" is a distinction without a functional difference.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 3rd-try

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2022, 09:46:31 PM »
Star Member W_HAMILTON (5,037 posts)

1. If someone can listen to Biden for any length of time...

...and claim that he has dementia, rest assured that person has zero experience with someone actually afflicted with dementia and you can safely ignore their very much uninformed opinion.

I say this as the primary caregiver of someone with dementia.

So, you believe you have the ability to diagnose from a distance. If, you are so accomplished at all things dementia you'd be aware of how this disease affects people differently. And that puts into question your claim.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2022, 10:58:46 PM »
At minimum, he’s at stage 5 of dementia.

And I, too, was a primary caretaker of someone with dementia. It effects people differently. But Slo Joe definitely has it. Word is Susan Rice is running domestic policy, so no wonder everything is screwed up. Don’t know who’s taking the lead in foreign affairs, but they’re worthless, too.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2022, 07:07:36 AM »
Why do you need to "find out" ?

You'll just make excuses and misrepresentations if it's found unedited, and you'll use it to dunk on whomever if it was edited.

What you wont do, is use it to educate yourself in any objectively truthful way, so why bother?

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2022, 12:17:43 PM »
mahina

For context, Sten Eckburg is guy on YouTube who despite all appearances makes some really valid points and provides useful information. I was directed to him by a healthcare professional and I’ve learned a lot from him that has improved my health.

Yesterday I was listening to one of his videos, this one on preventing dementia. About midway he gave an example of a stage of dementia with a clip of our President.

I am quite sure that Joe is in full possession of all of his faculties. For the record, I think he is doing a fantastic job under really brutal circumstances that he has caused...
FIFY.

I do not think he has dementia though. His wife is a doctor after all and you would think she would have recognized the signs of dementia in Joe by now and got him some help.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke