Author Topic: In my blood red area of town  (Read 332 times)

Online CC27

In my blood red area of town
« on: July 18, 2022, 08:31:51 AM »
Norbert (5,088 posts)

In my blood red area of town

I've noticed a shift in the last month or more. I have seen far less tRump flags and yard signs. One close to me that flew the MAGA flag higher than the American flag has taken the tRump/MAGA flag down. In its place is the yellow 'Don't Tread on me' flag.

There may be several reasons for the shift:

-The orange maggat is not as popular as he once was.
-The flags were not of good quality and the residents chose not to replace the tattered ones with a new one.
-People are paying attention to the J6 hearings even though they won't admit it.
-It's Summer and there are other things to do; softball, swimming, boating, fishing...
-They are concentrating on belittling President Biden more instead.

Whatever it is, I'm sure I am at a false sense of security and by the end of Summer the MAGA stuff will be in full swing again, and yes, I believe the tRump flags will return.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216938694

Be nice to see where this POS really lives...

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: In my blood red area of town
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 08:54:46 AM »
Um, here's an answer for ya' Sparky. Trump isn't currently running for anything.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 09:02:19 AM »
They really want to believe the 1/6 hearings are making a huge difference in public opinion (probably because they realize that is the point of the hearings).

Sorry DU, people have already made up their minds about the 1/6 riots, and no hearings are going to change that. They will not save your party from free-fall.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 09:22:08 AM »
Contrary to the old song lyric, wishing won't make it so. :tongue:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2022, 09:35:18 AM »
Um, here's an answer for ya' Sparky. Trump isn't currently running for anything.

Speaking for myself only, at first I had all my Trump flags out on the lawn, just like all Trump voters do. Then as the revelations came out on the first day, I left the Trump flags out. On the second day, however, I realized that I had to take them down, and replace them with my Black Lives Matter and rainbow flags. They'd been in the garage at the ready, just in case I heard something I didn't like. And then, after the next day of hearings, when I heard that someone said that someone told them that they were told previously that Trump was angry about something, I decided that the flags weren't enough. So I stripped down and put on a rainbow wig and a purple cocksock. But the pride parades had ended, so I just walked down the middle of the street in my wig and cocksock. If someone has another way for me to express my dismay with Trump, I am all ears. Before you say it, however: yes, I've started my transition, and my new name is Marilyn.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2022, 10:13:05 AM »
     Speaking for myself only, at first I had all my Trump flags out on the lawn, just like all Trump voters do. Then as the revelations came out on the first day, I left the Trump flags out. On the second day, however, I realized that I had to take them down, and replace them with my Black Lives Matter and rainbow flags. They'd been in the garage at the ready, just in case I heard something I didn't like. And then, after the next day of hearings, when I heard that someone said that someone told them that they were told previously that Trump was angry about something, I decided that the flags weren't enough. So I stripped down and put on a rainbow wig and a purple cocksock. But the pride parades had ended, so I just walked down the middle of the street in my wig and cocksock. If someone has another way for me to express my dismay with Trump, I am all ears. Before you say it, however: yes, I've started my transition, and my new name is Marilyn.

The point of that bit of creative hyperbole is that not every person has a histrionic, let alone a semiotic response to external stimuli. This is particularly so when someone is indifferent to the stimuli, or (and this is important) does not agree with the stimuli.

Moreover, while I do see Trump flags in the occasional yard and on the occasional vehicle, they are (a) uncommon, and (b) anyone who flies such flags is probably the LAST person to be convinced of anything from the Pelosi/Schumer Cavalcade of Bullshit Shenanigans.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2022, 10:17:22 AM »
On a related note:

Liberal Neighbors In Game Of Chicken To See Who Will Take Down Their 'Black Lives Matter' Sign First

ANN ARBOR, MI — According to sources, two neighbors in an upscale liberal suburb are currently locked in a battle of chicken to see who will be the first person to take down their "Black Lives Matter" yard sign — thereby showing the entire neighborhood they've stopped caring about black lives.

"Honestly, I'm getting tired of this thing in my yard," said neighbor Cameron Derpwit while painstakingly weed-whacking around the sign. "But I will NOT take this sign down before the Prigwillow family next door. My family is WAY more socially conscious and FAR less racist than they are, and the whole neighborhood knows it. I won't give them the satisfaction!"

Experts say that thousands of upper-class white people across the country are frozen in the same predicament, seemingly doomed to keep an ugly yard sign from 2020 in their yard lest the neighbors think them to be racist and insensitive to the lived experiences of black bodies.

Some have resorted to sneaking out at night to remove their signs, faking vandalism crimes, or even moving to an entirely new home to avoid the walk of shame across the yard to take down their only visible proof of anti-racist virtue.

At publishing time, the two neighbors had agreed to meet in their yards at midnight and remove the signs simultaneously under cover of darkness.

https://babylonbee.com/news/liberal-neighbors-in-game-of-chicken-to-see-who-will-take-down-their-black-lives-matter-sign-first
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2022, 10:28:45 AM »
None of what the DUmbass DUchebag said happened. NOT ONE SINGLE THING.

This fable indicates to me that the DUmmys as uninteligent as they are sense that the J6 Kangaroo trial is a complete failure and that November the political streets will be running blue with communist democrat blood.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2022, 11:32:10 AM »
None of what the DUmbass DUchebag said happened. NOT ONE SINGLE THING.

This fable indicates to me that the DUmmys as uninteligent as they are sense that the J6 Kangaroo trial is a complete failure and that November the political streets will be running blue with communist democrat blood.

I will bet my pristine 1988 Wilson Staff Fluid Feel 2-SW that this did not occur.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2022, 11:42:00 AM »
Would the mirror image of "blood red area of town" be "cyanose blue area of town"? :-)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.