Author Topic: Dog Walking Bouncy  (Read 613 times)

Offline RuralNc

Dog Walking Bouncy
« on: July 17, 2022, 08:29:29 PM »
https://democraticunderground.com/100216935405

fightforfreedom (2,088 posts)

I talked to another Trump voter yesterday. His brain is on pause.

While out for my walk yesterday I ran into a guy walking his dog. I asked him if he was watching the hearings. He said no because it would piss him off. For a moment I thought he may be a Democrat.

Then he said, I can't watch it because it's one sided, the other side doesn't get to respond. I instantly knew I was dealing with brain dead Trump voter.

I reminded him the hearings are not a trial, they are hearings to learn what happened on Jan 6th. He then did what all Trump voters do, he deflected and said I can't trust Adam Schiff. The Republicans, Fox News have done a good job turning Schiff Into the devil himself.

I told him about some of the evidence that was presented at the hearings. His response made me angry. He said it depends what news organization is presenting the evidence. I said to him, The evidence is the evidence, who shows it has nothing to do with it. I then asked him, are you one of those people who thinks the news is fake? He went silent.

Then I told him every witness that has testified has been a Republican, many of them worked for Trump. The hearings are not one sided. That's when his brain hit tilt. He brain paused and he said, if they did something wrong we will find out soon.

Trump voters know about the hearings. They know something is wrong but they are terrified of the truth. That's why many of them are not watching the hearings. They believe the hearings are one sided and they are terrified of the truth.

Deep down in their small brains they know Trump and people around him committed serious crimes. I believe indictments, convictions will force many, not all, trump voters to face the truth. In time, it will be very hard to find a Trump voter. They will eventually fade off into infamy.

Seriosly? Who just randomly approaches a stranger and asks them if they are watching (insert whatever is popular at the DUmp)

No conversion. No cops in bushes. Serious low effort here.

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: Dog Walking Bouncy
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 08:42:28 PM »
Then he said, I can't watch it because it's one sided, the other side doesn't get to respond. I instantly knew I was dealing with brain dead Trump voter.

I reminded him the hearings are not a trial, they are hearings to learn what happened on Jan 6th. He then did what all Trump voters do, he deflected and said I can't trust Adam Schiff. The Republicans, Fox News have done a good job turning Schiff Into the devil himself.

I told him about some of the evidence that was presented at the hearings. His response made me angry. He said it depends what news organization is presenting the evidence. I said to him, The evidence is the evidence, who shows it has nothing to do with it. I then asked him, are you one of those people who thinks the news is fake? He went silent.

The corporate media have done a good job of turning this person into a droid who thinks reality is what they see on TV.

Although this poster would likely be loath to admit it, people who distrust the news are the more aware ones.

The best way to lie is to tell part of the truth. Who is presenting facts does not matter, but how they present it- how they word it, the way they contextualize it ('framing'), what they don't tell you- does matter. And so yes, the man does have a point; it's easy for something to seem compelling when there is no pushback.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 08:48:53 PM by ADsOutburst »

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2022, 08:47:01 PM »
fightforfreedom (2,088 posts)

So he was braindead because he thought both sides should be presented. Pretty much the basis of our entire judicial system. Got it.

I hope with all this news about Hispanics and blacks switching to republican is true because I want your entire mindset killed off in the country. You want no judicial system. You want what happens in banana republics. You want your political enemies imprisoned. You IGNORE the shit on your side. What happened on May 29th in May, "fightforfreedom"? What about all the other riots and burnings? What happens when WE GET POWER BACK AND USE THE SAME MINDSET YOU FOOLS HAVE?????? Why isn't Nancy Pelosi being called to testify or the mayor of DC when Trump asked for 20 ****ING THOUSAND national guard troops to be deployed?

Careful what you wish for, you dumb piece of shit. The judicial system is what separates us from dictatorships. Ask many other nations, both past and present, what happens when you want a one-sided judicial system. It flips.....and quite often.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2022, 08:58:22 PM »

That's because you did what all democrat voter tyrants do, and rub his nose in the fact that legal protections afforded to a trial don't exist in this situation, to deflect away from the fact that to get to the truth, one needs to hear from ALL sides whether there are legal protections or not.

As to adam schiff... he has lied to you, to your face, repeatedly, and here you are defending him from republicans, because his lies sound good to your ears.

Go die in a fire, slowly.

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2022, 10:43:10 PM »
I reminded him the hearings are not a trial, they are hearings to learn what happened

Thank-you, Cotton Mather.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2022, 06:06:24 AM »
My answer would be that Trump has gone through multiple hearings for impeachment, a congressional review on Russian collusion, an investigation by a special prosecutor that took over two years, and untold investigations by news outlets and yet have found nothing. What makes you think the conclusions of this show hearing will be any different?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2022, 07:01:48 AM »
https://democraticunderground.com/100216935405

Seriosly? Who just randomly approaches a stranger and asks them if they are watching (insert whatever is popular at the DUmp)

No conversion. No cops in bushes. Serious low effort here.

Jeez, the mental gymnastics they do to create a fictional tale. No one is talking about the January 6th hearings. I've encountered hundreds of people who I know from the golf course or the trivia gig and not a single person has mentioned them.

Additionally, who the hell walks around asking strangers about politics?

Negative bongs, you're trying too hard Jack.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Karin

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2022, 07:32:02 AM »
Here's a dipshit who thinks that if you don't tune in and stay peeled, you should hang:

RAB910 (2,065 posts)

5. People who refuse to listen to what is being learned from the hearings are traitors

I don't care that the toxic anti-American propaganda they choose to consume told them to ignore the hearings, in the end refusing to be an informed citizen is a betrayal of one's country

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2022, 07:56:41 AM »
Bouncy.

Do they ever tell a story where virtually every stereotype they imagine is true of conservatives isn't part of the tale? Do they ever tell a story where they lose and the conservatives betters them?

We know they tell these things as red meat for their fellow kooks. As the midterms draw closer, more are coming to try and ease the nerves and try to convince each other that all is well.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2022, 08:22:25 AM »
OK, what kind of freakazoid life form walks up to a total stranger walking his dog and tries to start a conversation about some specific political event? No, "Cute pooch, what breed(s) is (s)he?" or "Does your dog bite?" :-) Just straight on, "How do you like Pelosiroo's Kangaroo Kourt Jesters?" right out of the blue? Not a very plausible :bouncy: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2022, 08:56:59 AM »
Bouncy.

Do they ever tell a story where virtually every stereotype they imagine is true of conservatives isn't part of the tale? Do they ever tell a story where they lose and the conservatives betters them?

We know they tell these things as red meat for their fellow kooks. As the midterms draw closer, more are coming to try and ease the nerves and try to convince each other that all is well.

Came up with "Ralph's Corollary or Theorem" a while back: The prevalence of bouncy tales increase the more leftists are losing.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2022, 09:01:11 AM »
     "Are you watching the Hearings?" I asked patiently, with all of the offhandedness I could muster. I've become aware that my need to understand the political leanings, however scant or immaterial, is off-putting to most people, but I feel I am entitled to know how everyone feels about everything. In this way, I can judge them. I don't agree that it's a pathology, as has been suggested by those who have since not spoken to me. Yet the man next to me has not responded, so I ask again: "Sir, did you hear me? Are you watching the hearings?"
     A labored grunt emerged from the silence, followed by a sound that reverberated through the otherwise empty room. It was a particular sound: one not unlike the sound of a large can of soup emptied from several feet above a concrete floor. "What? Did you say something?" The man continued to gasp and pant, but he'd clearly noticed my plaintive question.
     I persisted. "Yes! I asked if you are watching the hearings?"
     "Huh? I'm not watching anything."
     "I meant on television, sir. The congressional hearings on the insurrectionist coup attempt on our precious democracy that occurred for roughly an hour on January 6, 2021."
     "Are you talking to me?"
     "Yes, sir, I am."
     Another slow grunt emerged, followed by a familiar, coarse sound. "I'm not watching anything. This is the men's room of a Greyhound station. I'm trying to take a shit." As if to prove his point, another can of soup was emptied from on high.
     "This is a perfect time for you to express your opinion of the hearings." I had been waiting in my stall for hours, and I did not intend to be discouraged from eliciting the opinions of every person who sat down to defecate between bus rides.
     "What the ****. I came in here to take a shit and sit in the air conditioning for a few minutes. ****ing freak."
     Suddenly it made sense: the man smelled awful, of sweat and body odor, as soon as he entered the men's room. He was homeless! I had to switch tactics, because I needed to ascertain how he was watching the hearings if he had no home, but resided outdoors, somewhere near the bus station. "I gather you're homeless, sir. So, for television, do you have a solar panel with a power inverter that permits use of your television? Or does your solar panel not provide sufficient kilowatts to power your television?" I felt silly, of course, because the homeless man defecating in the stall next to mine could also have a car battery with a power inverter that would absolutely power a small television, along with a laptop that he could use to live tweet his reactions.
     "I'm gonna bust your ass if you don't shut the **** up with your bullshit. God damn, can't even be on the streets without getting ****ed with."
     "Sir, I understand your frustration with the hearings, but if you recall what Te-Nehisi Coates said to Ben Crump on that Baltimore cable access program I can't seem to recall..."
     "I don't know what the **** you're talking about. Come near me and I'll cut you."
     Suddenly I didn't care how this man powered his television or how he received his internet signal. This was a Trump Voter. "I get it. Instead of watching the hearings, you're under your tarp out there, watching Beverly Hillbillies re-runs while eating buckets of fried chicken and loading your assault-style rifle."
     "Mother ****er," the trumptard bleated, "I may be down on my luck, but you are ****ing NUTS."
      After that insult, I left the trumpthuglikkan to consider MY final words: "Sir, I've been sitting on this toilet for nine hours, eliciting the feelings of my fellow citizens on the assault on our democracy. I am a patriot. You are a traitor. We have nothing left to discuss, other than for you to absorb one final thought that will haunt you until your final days: YOU ARE A TRANSPHOBE."
      We exchanged no words after that. I stood and waited for the feeling to return to my legs, so that I could move to another stall. I hate Trumpers.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 09:24:31 AM by BannedFromDU »
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2022, 09:21:24 AM »
     "Are you watching the Hearings?" I asked patiently, with all of the offhandedness I could muster.
 :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Perfect, BFDU! I award 2 :stoner:, 5 bongs and a :hi5:. You could have had more, but there were no conversions, no applause from the surrounding stalls, and no cops jumped out of any bushes.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2022, 09:46:49 AM »
     "Are you watching the Hearings?" I asked patiently, with all of the offhandedness I could muster. I've become aware that my need to understand the political leanings, however scant or immaterial, is off-putting to most people, but I feel I am entitled to know how everyone feels about everything. In this way, I can judge them. I don't agree that it's a pathology, as has been suggested by those who have since not spoken to me. Yet the man next to me has not responded, so I ask again: "Sir, did you hear me? Are you watching the hearings?"
     A labored grunt emerged from the silence, followed by a sound that reverberated through the otherwise empty room. It was a particular sound: one not unlike the sound of a large can of soup emptied from several feet above a concrete floor. "What? Did you say something?" The man continued to gasp and pant, but he'd clearly noticed my plaintive question.
     I persisted. "Yes! I asked if you are watching the hearings?"
     "Huh? I'm not watching anything."
     "I meant on television, sir. The congressional hearings on the insurrectionist coup attempt on our precious democracy that occurred for roughly an hour on January 6, 2021."
     "Are you talking to me?"
     "Yes, sir, I am."
     Another slow grunt emerged, followed by a familiar, coarse sound. "I'm not watching anything. This is the men's room of a Greyhound station. I'm trying to take a shit." As if to prove his point, another can of soup was emptied from on high.
     "This is a perfect time for you to express your opinion of the hearings." I had been waiting in my stall for hours, and I did not intend to be discouraged from eliciting the opinions of every person who sat down to defecate between bus rides.
     "What the ****. I came in here to take a shit and sit in the air conditioning for a few minutes. ****ing freak."
     Suddenly it made sense: the man smelled awful, of sweat and body odor, as soon as he entered the men's room. He was homeless! I had to switch tactics, because I needed to ascertain how he was watching the hearings if he had no home, but resided outdoors, somewhere near the bus station. "I gather you're homeless, sir. So, for television, do you have a solar panel with a power inverter that permits use of your television? Or does your solar panel not provide sufficient kilowatts to power your television?" I felt silly, of course, because the homeless man defecating in the stall next to mine could also have a car battery with a power inverter that would absolutely power a small television, along with a laptop that he could use to live tweet his reactions.
     "I'm gonna bust your ass if you don't shut the **** up with your bullshit. God damn, can't even be on the streets without getting ****ed with."
     "Sir, I understand your frustration with the hearings, but if you recall what Te-Nehisi Coates said to Ben Crump on that Baltimore cable access program I can't seem to recall..."
     "I don't know what the **** you're talking about. Come near me and I'll cut you."
     Suddenly I didn't care how this man powered his television or how he received his internet signal. This was a Trump Voter. "I get it. Instead of watching the hearings, you're under your tarp out there, watching Beverly Hillbillies re-runs while eating buckets of fried chicken and loading your assault-style rifle."
     "Mother ****er," the trumptard bleated, "I may be down on my luck, but you are ****ing NUTS."
      After that insult, I left the trumpthuglikkan to consider MY final words: "Sir, I've been sitting on this toilet for nine hours, eliciting the feelings of my fellow citizens on the assault on our democracy. I am a patriot. You are a traitor. We have nothing left to discuss, other than for you to absorb one final thought that will haunt you until your final days: YOU ARE A TRANSPHOBE."
      We exchanged no words after that. I stood and waited for the feeling to return to my legs, so that I could move to another stall. I hate Trumpers.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline jukin

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2022, 10:37:25 AM »
As I patiently informed this knuckle dragger how important these hearings were to our precious democratacy a crowd of average people started gathering around us. I looked over these good and caring citizens and saw black and brown, soiboys and karens, gay and tranny, young and old and they were all nodding their heads in approval of my every word. Finally after explaining what a stupid and ignorant Trump supporter he was, the idiot turned around and waked away crying. I think I may have finally gotten through to him. I turned around and the crowd started slow clapping me and then cheering broke out. I was hugged and mobbed by people that were smiling and laughing at my brilliance. It was a good day in my little section of RED HELL. 

We re going to win this November and get 60 seats in the senate and have over a 100 advantage in the ahh.. oh you know the other thing.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.