Author Topic: franksolich responds to Atman  (Read 2853 times)

Offline I_B_Perky

Re: franksolich responds to Atman
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2014, 10:24:16 PM »
Basically, that's the way it's been in real life since, oh, about 1992, the last time I tried being sociable to a Democrat.  It revolts me to be rude, but there hasn't been any point in being myself, since about that time.

As described elsewhere here (but I forget where), I suspect this uncivility started with the presidential election of 1980, when suddenly Democrats started "hating" Republicans, whereas before, that one person was a Republican and another a Democrat made about as much difference as one person collected postage stamps and the other person preferred eggs scrambled; it wasn't any big deal.

It became a big deal about that time.  They, not we, made it a big deal.

Democrats, liberals, and primitives have made ideology, and ideology alone, the sole criteria for association and friendship. 

For me, being a sociable person willing to accept anybody coming my way, it was, to put it mildly, a pretty traumatic realization that the World Had Changed.

I didn't like it, but as there was nothing I could do about it, I had to adapt to it, in this case routinely and automatically writing off a whole lot of people.  But the way Democrats, liberals, and primitives have evolved, probably I'm not missing a whole lot, if anything.

It's very sad, but it's a society they created.

Actually Frank I think it started to get really bad when the dems lost the house in 94... the one they had held for like 40 years. Suddenly they were on the receiving end of being the minority party. They really did not like that.

That however, does not diminish the dirt they dished out on Reagan from their talking head in the MSM. What really pissed them off about that was Reagan just bypassed the media and went straight to the people. I was a young man in those days and I still remember Reagan selling the 10 cent raise in the gas tax. He basically said it was the same as paying for a good pair of shock absorbers.  Now that was a great communication of an idea.

Personally I see the libbies as thinking that obumbles in the liberal version of Reagan. He ain't it. Even the MSM is starting to get a little pissed at him.

The libs see their future and it ain't pretty. They refuse to accept they are in the minority in the US.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2014, 11:07:38 PM »
The libs see their future and it ain't pretty. They refuse to accept they are in the minority in the US.

What I see among the primitives, including Atman, is a subconscious vexation that things aren't working out the way they hoped they would, and planned they would.

Message from franksolich out here in reality to the primitives over there on Skins's island: It never happens, and it's never going to happen.

Even if, God forbid, the Democrats were to win 435 seats in the House of Representatives and all the Senate seats up for election this year, the conservative minority on the Supreme Court dropped over dead, being replaced by fringe extremists, and the Big Zero gets named President for Life, things are never going to go the way the primitives want them to.

The primitives are always going to fantasize about ruling the world, but people and forces bigger and brighter than the primitives have tried that, and failed.

In the end, even if their side "wins," it's not going to happen.

So the primitives might as well accept that, and grow up, and evolve towards getting along with other people, most especially their ideological opposites.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2022, 08:07:05 AM »
 :-)
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2022, 08:35:36 AM »
DU remains true to its origins and legacy of hate. I've not seen Atman mentioned in a thread here in a long time. Purged with the Bernie Bois? Deceased? Moved on?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline notaDUmmie

• MDT 5/20/96-6/19/15
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2022, 09:06:21 AM »
An oldie but a goodie...damn, I haven't thought of WilliamPitt in YEARS!!

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2022, 10:20:13 AM »
An oldie but a goodie...damn, I haven't thought of WilliamPitt in YEARS!!

I'll never forget him calling preznit shit-midas a "piece of shit used car salesman", and the hubub that followed over there.

:lmao:
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2022, 03:10:05 PM »
DU remains true to its origins and legacy of hate. I've not seen Atman mentioned in a thread here in a long time. Purged with the Bernie Bois? Deceased? Moved on?

bad pic:

https://www.rickerfuneralhome.com/obituary/robert-mcgrath

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2022, 03:35:36 PM »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2022, 04:44:51 PM »
bad pic:

https://www.rickerfuneralhome.com/obituary/robert-mcgrath

I really hate me some DUmmies, but I don't like it when I hear about someone sick or dying, not even DUmmies.
Kind of a bummer.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2022, 04:53:07 PM »
I really hate me some DUmmies, but I don't like it when I hear about someone sick or dying, not even DUmmies.
Kind of a bummer.

Yeah, every time it makes me feel older.

And of course Atman was no ordinary primitive; he was a classic.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2022, 06:14:35 PM »
Atman believes in God now. As with him in life, his learning came too late. Same with his understanding of conservatism vs. leftism. He knows now….. too late.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2022, 06:17:53 PM »
Kind of a bummer.

Dude was only 60, definitely young. OTOH, he died before Covid became a thing, and trying to fight C in the era of Covid ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2022, 06:58:15 PM »
Those exchanges Atman had with dutch508 were legendary.

What I could never understand was Atman's desperate efforts to be accepted by the primitives.  I often wondered why he was on Skins' island to begin with; it was as if someone from the Country Club set wanted to hang with the trailer court crowd, The Great Gatsby versus Tobacco Road.

His main call for fame is that he was quoted by Rush Limbaugh--his famous assertion that Republicans had lost the 2006 mid-term elections on purpose so the Democrats would have to take blame for the upcoming recession.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2022, 09:30:53 PM »
kinner has more brains alone than the top hundred brightest members of democraticunderground all put together, and Elad isn't far behind.

That is like being the best yodeler in Harlem.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2022, 10:03:00 PM »
RIP, Arman.
After a rough life, I hope you find some peace at last