Author Topic: My fundraiser for emergency medical expenses and repairs  (Read 8095 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: My fundraiser for emergency medical expenses and repairs
« Reply #200 on: August 01, 2022, 05:06:55 PM »
mvd (64,268 posts)

54. They are not "bad" checks

The bank agrees to pay the overdraft and adds overdraft fees for the service

Certainly no crime here. I am not sending checks either.

Yeah, dipshit, they are and it is a crime. Overdrafts are for accidents, I.e. using a debit card when you already have a check not cleared, etc. You are KNOWINGLY writing bad checks knowing damn well they won't be covered.

§ 4105.  Bad checks.
        (a)  Offense defined.--
            (1)  A person commits an offense if he issues or passes a
        check or similar sight order for the payment of money,
        knowing that it will not be honored by the drawee.
            (2)  A person commits an offense if he, knowing that it
        will not be honored by the drawee, issues or passes a check
        or similar sight order for the payment of money when the
        drawee is located within this Commonwealth. A violation of
        this paragraph shall occur without regard to whether the
        location of the issuance or passing of the check or similar
        sight order is within or outside of this Commonwealth. It
        shall be no defense to a violation of this section that some
        or all of the acts constituting the offense occurred outside
        of this Commonwealth.

https://law.justia.com/codes/pennsylvania/2010/title-18/chapter-41/4105/

NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline SVPete

« Reply #201 on: August 01, 2022, 05:49:15 PM »
mvd's writing latex checks? Momma would be so proud!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #202 on: August 01, 2022, 06:09:37 PM »
Omaha Steve (87,224 posts)

46. Keep this one

At this point opening a NEW gofundme only opens you to being criticized more.

OS

Seriously. He is openly scamming you idiots, and you have no issues, other then he might get criticized more? :whatever:

A certain mole was going to offer something constructive for dear old Matt, but it looks like M.I.R.T. got involved.  :panic: Time to get the VPN fired up.  :fuelfire:

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #203 on: August 02, 2022, 04:09:00 AM »
Response to ForgedCrank (Reply #60)

Mon Aug 1, 2022, 09:29 PM

Star Member mvd (64,278 posts)
61. I really..

couldn’t find a covered dentist near me. Other posts have backed me up on this. We can’t go a long way and I am in a barren area.

Response to mvd (Reply #61)

Mon Aug 1, 2022, 09:31 PM

Star Member XanaDUer2 (5,499 posts)
62. Are you in a rural area? Nt

Response to XanaDUer2 (Reply #62)

Mon Aug 1, 2022, 09:32 PM

Star Member mvd (64,278 posts)
63. Suburban but it is kind of sprawling - not typical suburban building

It was a country area before the development came in.

Lurkers,he is a ****ing liar,all you have to do is Google the info from his begging scam.

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #204 on: August 02, 2022, 04:17:54 AM »
His toilet saga is hilarious:

In addition, the downstairs toilet broke and looks like it has all kinds of problems. My mom is an older widow and can’t get up our tall stairs so often. It won’t flush at all. A plumber would likely cost at least $200 for this repair.

As several people on this thread, and even some of the DUmmies, have pointed out, fixing a toilet is one of the simplest home repair jobs.  It only takes a few tools, 15-20 bucks in parts and can be done in an hour.  In fact, an entire brand new toilet can be bought for less than $200.

And no the toilet has multiple problems. The water company said the water usage doubled and it was because of the toilet always running and then it ran out of water. I am not handy. I’ll need a plumber to look at it. Things are not so easy.

Sounds like the water company had someone come out to find out why their water bill was so high, found that the toilet was running non-stop and shut the cutoff valve to the toilet.  But, mvd appears to think that the toilet has "run out of water" like it had a limited supply of water in it when it was installed and that supply has finally been used up.

mvd (64,278 posts)

14. Mom fell tonight going up the steps

It is so important she gets the toilet repaired. She is ok but might have sprained her ankle.

Of course his mother was almost crippled by the toilet situation.  He wouldn't be begging if not for his mother's plight.  He cares so much about his mother that he's gonna look inside the toilet, familiarize himself with what's inside the tank, watch a few YouTubes to learn how the fix the problem, run up to Home Depot to get the parts and get that toilet working in no time.  Ha ha ha, no quit laughing, really he's got this, he'll start working on it just as soon as he finishes updating his beg-a-thon.  Be patient, he's gonna being working on it any minute now.

But finally, the toilet is fixed!!!!  Yeah!!!!

The dentist was more than expected today ($280) as was the toilet as the plumbing to it was broken. Of course, I am in overdraft again because of everything.

The plumbing to it was broken?  The plumbing to it is a pipe coming off the main water supply and a cutoff valve at the toilet.  If the pipe was broken it's been leaking behind the wall for a month which means his whole house is flooded (which he hasn't mentioned).  If the valve wasn't seating properly, it would be leaking by, which doesn't lineup with his claim that the toilet had no water.  If the plumbing on the sewage side had a blockage then the toilet would have been overflowing all the time if it was always running.  So I got a funny feeling that maybe his toilet motherboard was shot, his water inlet solenoid was probably worn, the flushing relay needed to be replaced, the toilet tank and seat were out of alignment and, of course, the toilet transmission needed an oil change.  That will definitely run you several hundred dollars.

I would like to think that he's just scamming the DUmmies, but I do know of people this pathetic.  A friend of mine had an uncle who was working in heavy industry well into his seventies.  He could have retired at any time, had a good pension and he couldn't physically do the work any more.  But he kept working because he had two kids at home just like mvd.  Middle-aged, never worked a day in their lives and totally useless.  My friend's uncle didn't think he could support all four of them on his pension and he wouldn't kick the kids out or tell them to get jobs.  Of course, he eventually died and his wife and kids had to fend for themselves.  Their story is exactly like this DUmmies tale.  They couldn't budget what they got from his pension, burned through whatever savings he had and very quickly were behind on every bill and were looking at bankruptcy.  And, just like mvd, they mooched money off of every friend and relative they could and then got pissed off when people quit giving.  The mother died in a nursing home and the kids are living off of welfare and they resent anyone who has two nickels to rub together.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #205 on: August 02, 2022, 06:35:16 AM »
His toilet saga is hilarious:

The "toilet saga" was thee final giveaway for me. Who can't install a new cartridge in a toilet tank? Even if someone has no clue, 5 minutes watching a youtube video answers all questions. It mmay be one of the simplest of all home repairs.
So yea, this guy is full of it, but he gets my support. He's scamming DUmmies out of their money, and stupid is supposed to hurt.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #206 on: August 02, 2022, 07:17:02 AM »
ForgedCrank (796 posts)
:blah::blah::blah:

Money will never be able to fix spending problems.

And that there is at the heart of most problems. On an unrelated but defiantly related subject, its sad that American Schools are more worried about addressing children's pro-nouns, and faux-phobias then actually preparing them for the real world.

ForgedCrank (796 posts)

65. I give up

Oh c'mon. Wheres the ol' college try?  :-)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #207 on: August 02, 2022, 08:41:51 AM »
I visited gofundme to make a contribution for Matty Boy, so as to jump-start his stalled fund-raiser.

But they wouldn't take my generous offering of a dollar, saying it had to be at least five.

So much for the old adage about "every little bit helps."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #208 on: August 02, 2022, 09:27:25 AM »
Seriously. He is openly scamming you idiots, and you have no issues, other then he might get criticized more? :whatever:

A certain mole was going to offer something constructive for dear old Matt, but it looks like M.I.R.T. got involved.  :panic: Time to get the VPN fired up.  :fuelfire:

I can't believe it's still sitting there and he hasn't bumped it since last night.
I think he may be starting to realize the game is over.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #209 on: August 02, 2022, 05:21:41 PM »
mvd (64,281 posts)

73. Just wanted to say we called 2-1-1 today

It is so great how they have caring people who listen. Mom and I need more of that in our lives. They help you navigate a maze of phone numbers but just as good is how they treat you with dignity.

Well now. Is someone getting desperate? Couple options I see.

1. Actually called because he realized the Gravy Train was crossing a bridge that went kaboom?

2. Pretending to call to continue the scam. Especially since umpteen Muppets have called him out for not calling.

My vote says #2.

demtenjeep (31,788 posts)

74. and what help was given?

you have been treated with the absolute dignity that you have earned here

tell us specifically what help 211 gave you today so we can know you are on the right track!

Well now. Poopy Pam here wanting proof of the phone call no less. She was out to get him in the other thread.

mvd (64,281 posts)

76. They mostly give references to help resources

They mentioned the United Way, which was also mentioned here

There are food programs for seniors, including free food delivery

More help with applying for benefits

Rental assistance funds because we want to move

United Way is probably the one that would help with utility assistance

And of course finding ways to make our budget more manageable

So exactly what he was already told. Guess thats proof enough that he called. Let the donations start flowing again!  :popcorn:

I give it till this weekend tops, and he will need more money.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #210 on: August 02, 2022, 06:26:24 PM »
I give it till this weekend tops, and he will need more money.

Of course.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #211 on: August 02, 2022, 06:26:51 PM »
Well now....This is starting to get interesting.

When will he play the 'our teevee is stuck on faux noose, please help!' card?

:lmao:
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #212 on: August 02, 2022, 06:48:24 PM »

Send in the walrus! He knows all about TV remotes
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #213 on: August 02, 2022, 06:54:59 PM »
mvd (64,282 posts)

76. They mostly give references to help resources

They mentioned the United Way, which was also mentioned here

There are food programs for seniors, including free food delivery

More help with applying for benefits

Rental assistance funds because we want to move

United Way is probably the one that would help with utility assistance

And of course finding ways to make our budget more manageable

Hopefully they tell your mother to kick your fat, parasitic ass out of the house. Can't live off your mother's social security you piece of shit. It's hard enough for seniors to live alone on it if they didn't think about other means beforehand. It's "supplemental". It was NEVER supposed to be a retirement. Your mother's #1 problem? You.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #214 on: August 03, 2022, 05:01:08 AM »
His excuses for not figuring out how to get himself to the stores which are only around a mile and a half away are great.  When asked why he doesn't just walk, rather than blow money on Ubers:

Walking is terrible where I am despite being close to things. Uber is expensive. I have seen one county site that may have transportation opportunities.

The only place I can walk to is a high school, and I am way beyond that.

Note that the high school is directly across the street from his mom's house.

I can not walk, period, for example. My mom has no stamina and I am not in shape and it is a dangerous path/road. Should I risk falling and getting hit? You have the right to say this but I don’t have to agree with all of this either. You either try to live or you live a bad life. I try to live ok. 

To this DUmmy walking further than the distance between the couch, frig and bathroom is a guaranteed death sentence.  And I love that he threw out that his mom has no stamina, like people were suggesting that she walk to the store.  No Matt, people are suggesting that you get off your fat ass and take care of your mother.

Someone recommends getting a bicycle.  Same excuse:

I appreciate the ideas. But as I said before, the path to the stores is on a dangerous road. My mom and I once got in a bad wreck in a normal car. Reducing Uber expenses is a good idea, but I think the county seems to have some services that can help - especially with my mom’s age and me being on Medicaid. Somehow I do need to lower these expenses.

But when looking at the Google map around his mother's house I noticed that, right next the high school that apparently is within his walking capability, is a city bus stop that stops at all the places that he frequently goes to.  It runs all day Monday through Friday with limited service on Saturday.  The stop is only a few hundred yards from his mother's house.  I fully expect one of the DUmmy lurkers to read this and inform Matt that all his transportation woes are solved.  All he's got to do is utilize the public transportation options that are readily available to him.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #215 on: August 03, 2022, 05:46:50 AM »
He's getting burned on the new thread too.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10181689143

Still no change, not even a buck, over the past several days.

And based upon the lack of primitive comments overnight, it looks as if the primitives are bored with him.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #216 on: August 03, 2022, 06:16:52 AM »

And based upon the lack of primitive comments overnight, it looks as if the primitives are bored with him.

Yeah, I think he's screwed the pooch as far as getting any more $$$ out of the DUmmies.  It only took them about $10k to learn Matt is useless and a grifter but hey, education ain't cheap no matter where you get it.

I think he should never posted that he called 211 as late in the game as he did.  That was a simple thing to do and he waited close to a month to do it, not to mention he says he started filing for disability last year, yet makes the claim he's been disabled his entire life.

Matt is one of those people who simply isn't going to do anything he can get others to do for him, or until he's pressed into such a corner he has no recourse.  I think he actually thought if he posted he called 211 he might get some more financial support.

He's a master at bumping his threads though.  Post a little tidbit without any information on it and then let the DUmmies ask you about results for the next few hours so they bump it without your input.   :rotf:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #217 on: August 03, 2022, 08:26:58 AM »

I don't think he'll be able to resist.
I expect him to keep bumping the thread at least a few more times.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #218 on: August 03, 2022, 08:55:50 AM »
He'll keep going back to the well until he's convinced he's dried it up. Sharks, leeches, and lawyers are never satisfied. I wonder how many other Lib/Prog discussion sites he's leeched off.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #219 on: August 03, 2022, 10:47:37 AM »

Good one, CMD  Ha! Ha! Ha!  ...

I'd  gladly pay to read that!!!
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #220 on: August 03, 2022, 01:41:26 PM »

Yeah, I think he's screwed the pooch as far as getting any more $$$ out of the DUmmies.  It only took them about $10k to learn Matt is useless and a grifter but hey, education ain't cheap no matter where you get it.

I think he should never posted that he called 211 as late in the game as he did.  That was a simple thing to do and he waited close to a month to do it, not to mention he says he started filing for disability last year, yet makes the claim he's been disabled his entire life.

Matt is one of those people who simply isn't going to do anything he can get others to do for him, or until he's pressed into such a corner he has no recourse.  I think he actually thought if he posted he called 211 he might get some more financial support.

He's a master at bumping his threads though.  Post a little tidbit without any information on it and then let the DUmmies ask you about results for the next few hours so they bump it without your input.   :rotf:

KC

I'm honestly trying to grasp someone trying to "budget" overdraft fees.  And then acting surprised when they're always short money. 

Weird.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #221 on: August 03, 2022, 01:43:57 PM »
Good one, CMD  Ha! Ha! Ha!  ...

I'd  gladly pay to read that!!!

Go to the CC archive and search Doug Bulna (I think that's the spelling). The saga of Doug's epic fight to remove Faux Noose from the TVs at work is the stuff of legend.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #222 on: August 03, 2022, 01:45:57 PM »
I'm honestly trying to grasp someone trying to "budget" overdraft fees.  And then acting surprised when they're always short money. 

Weird.

Just like every monthly bill is an "emergency".

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #223 on: August 03, 2022, 03:02:03 PM »
Just like every monthly bill is an "emergency".

Well, if your MVD it is.  :-)

ForgedCrank (804 posts)

77. These are

all things you were informed about over the past few weeks already.

How many of those things have you actually made calls on, made appointments, filled out paperwork, etc?
Have you sat down and written out a budget, and I mean on paper, and started following it?
Show us a photo of the budget you have created over the past three weeks, maybe we can help with suggestions.
I'm guessing that after 3 weeks since this latest fundraiser was started, you should have also had time to research costs and outline a food allocation with a list of items as well. Show it to us, we may be able to help with that as well.
Have you searched your local Craigslist for a cheap bike yet? Have you posted any want ads on your local NextDoor website looking for a low cost or free bike?

Well now, its getting serious. The Muppets are demanding the evidenced that MVD has reformed and is moving towards a semi-productive state. At least as productive as a Progressive can be. And that aint much.  :popcorn:

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #224 on: August 03, 2022, 03:18:41 PM »
Well, if your MVD it is.  :-)

Well now, its getting serious. The Muppets are demanding the evidenced that MVD has reformed and is moving towards a semi-productive state. At least as productive as a Progressive can be. And that aint much.  :popcorn:

yes, and as of now, it appears he may have finally gone dark, no thread bump since 9PM last night. Frank may have called this one proper. Maybe it really is finally dead...