Author Topic: My fundraiser for emergency medical expenses and repairs  (Read 7772 times)

Offline CC27

My fundraiser for emergency medical expenses and repairs
« on: July 07, 2022, 01:45:29 PM »
Star Member mvd (64,062 posts)

Hi all,

I have carefully laid out each of the medical expenses (they are dental) and the repairs in my GoFundMe story. I understandably avoided the dentist during the pandemic, and I had to have an abscessed tooth extracted and need a large cavity filled and a full cleaning. Who knows what else they might find during my cleaning. It was over $400 for the wisdom tooth extraction and I estimate $200 each for both the filling and cleaning. I have Medicaid, which my dentist doesn’t take. I looked at those around me who take my insurance, and I don’t trust any of them.

In addition, the downstairs toilet broke and looks like it has all kinds of problems. My mom is an older widow and can’t get up our tall stairs so often. It won’t flush at all. A plumber would likely cost at least $200 for this repair.

I also am thinking about my mom’s future. I have it explained in my story how she needs to get to a new place, but the foreclosure is a problem. I have not included moving costs in my goal since I have not estimated them - especially with possible subsidized housing. But anything you could contribute to that would be greatly appreciated. I still have not heard about my disability claim.

For the fundraiser picture, this time I included one of mom and me in happier times. I hope we can get back to that.

Here is the link:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-help-with-medical-expenses-and-repairs

Thanks very much,
Matt/mvd

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216899096

Here we go....  :whatever:

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
Re: My fundraiser for emergency medical expenses and repairs
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 02:01:01 PM »
Looks like he low-balled his target amount from the usual $3k to 1k.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 02:23:17 PM »
If you're on Medicaid, you take what you get!  There's no such thing as "I don't trust them."  This is absolutely free healthcare, literal beggars can't be choosers. 

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 02:26:00 PM »
If you're on Medicaid, you take what you get!  There's no such thing as "I don't trust them."  This is absolutely free healthcare, literal beggars can't be choosers.

I thought the Biden economy was the most robust in American history, and everyone is doing well. Why would anyone need to beg for money, especially a liberal? Can't the Clinton Global Initiative help?
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 04:32:14 PM »
Is this the same guy from a few months ago?  :rofl:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2022, 04:54:20 PM »
Is this the same guy from a few months ago?  :rofl:

You have a better memory than I do.

I didn't think so, but I checked anyway.

https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php?topic=127864.msg1500012#msg1500012

"my mother is requesting immediate help"
January 16, 2022, by CC27
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2022, 05:00:14 PM »
My gawd.  He had another one earlier, in September 2021.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/v676x-my-mother-needs-help

I dunno what his disability is, but I'm guessing it's being slovenly and obese.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2022, 05:09:28 PM »
mvd (64,067 posts)

6. Just wanted to add..

The goal money would assure mom and I have no problems with food money or transportation. And the only credit cards I can get have a small limit.

How dare Capital One look out for its best interests!  :lmao:

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2022, 05:31:13 PM »
How dare Capital One look out for its best interests!  :lmao:

That, and if they let him run up a large balance at 14.9% they'd be accused of 'predatory lending'.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2022, 06:32:52 PM »
Nobody ever discusses predatory borrowing
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2022, 06:47:34 PM »
This DUmmie continues to have the same issues and GFM doesn't seem to solve them.

I suggest getting a job!

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2022, 07:06:59 PM »
This DUmmie continues to have the same issues and GFM doesn't seem to solve them.

I suggest getting a job!

WHOA WHOA WHOA..

Trigger warning please. We have lurking mutts from Skins Island of the Damned. They might start crying, or something.  :p

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2022, 09:02:58 PM »
I gotta get a DU account. I fish a lot and can make up some hella good stories about being in need. They seem just gullible enough to fund all my offshore trips.  :popcorn:

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2022, 05:54:58 AM »
I gotta get a DU account. I fish a lot and can make up some hella good stories about being in need. They seem just gullible enough to fund all my offshore trips.  :popcorn:

Seems reasonable enough.  :p

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2022, 07:54:13 AM »
This guy throws up a beg-a-thon every few months. He actually had the gall in one of them to say he would never ask them for money again then like a month after that statement he hit them up again saying basically “my last fundraiser here went so well I thought I’d go ahead and do another one.”

The DUmmies ponied up for him again, too!  LOL

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2022, 09:54:29 AM »
My gawd.  He had another one earlier, in September 2021.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/v676x-my-mother-needs-help

I dunno what his disability is, but I'm guessing it's being slovenly and obese.

1. :hi5: ! I was thinking he might've been a serial GoScamMe'er, but wasn't sure how to Search that. Thanks for doing the Search!  :cheersmate:

2. It's mean, nasty, etc. for me to be this cynical, but I suspect his "disabilities" are indolence, ignorance, and being habituated to being subsidized by gooberment programs and people who bought his sob stories.

3. Did any DU-folk call out his serial GoScamMe's? If not, linking his previous beg-threads in his current one might stir up some interesting discussion. E.G., "Why, in the past year, have you done nothing to improve your circumstances?"

Edited to improve clarity.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 11:50:37 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2022, 10:02:40 AM »
1. :hi5: ! I was thinking he might've been a serial GoScamMe'er, but wasn't sure how to Search that. Thanks for doing the Search!  :cheersmate:

2. It's mean, nasty, etc. for me to be this cynical, but I suspect his "disabilities" are indolence, ignorance, and being subsidized by gooberment programs and people who bought his sob stories.

3. Did any DU-folk call out his serial GoScamMe's? If not, linking his previous beg-threads in his current one might stir up some interesting discussion. E.G., "Why, in the past year, have you done nothing to improve your circumstances?"

BlackSkimmer did. Waiting for him to enter.  :-)

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2022, 11:24:34 AM »
BlackSkimmer did. Waiting for him to enter.  :-)

I could be wrong, and im not a biologist, but I *think* the mutt known as BlackSkimmer is a female? :???:

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2022, 11:26:27 AM »
BlackSkimmer (46,584 posts)

21. One GFM last October, one in January, one in May, and now this one. I think there were some before.

Interestingly, the OP says his mother's birthday is the 12th, but in another thread says her SS doesn't come until the 26th. That's not how SS does payments, if I'm not mistaken.

Another oddity is that the OP posted about voting, going into detail of how he took his ballot to a drop box, but no mention of Mom's vote. With Mom being a part of all these campaigns, it just seemed odd to me that he didn't say, "mom and I voted today; I took both our ballots to the drop box." I even asked about her at the time.

The OP also bought enough hearts to give away in February during DU's heart drive. Admirable, but if money is this tight, perhaps not the wisest?

Sorry if I seem cynical, but I remember a poster who took advantage of DUers for several years until being discovered.

Ask an ye shall receive!!!!!  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2022, 11:33:37 AM »
I see poor dear Marta, the much-abused wife of Omaha Steve, tossed in $25, but despite that the fund-raiser's rather sluggish, having raised only $215 thus far, apparently enough to pay the electric bill but not the water bill.

Matt needs to get down to his local Job Service office.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2022, 11:41:36 AM »
I see poor dear Marta, the much-abused wife of Omaha Steve, tossed in $25, but despite that the fund-raiser's rather sluggish, having raised only $215 thus far, apparently enough to pay the electric bill but not the water bill.

Matt needs to get down to his local Job Service office.
When I was delivering the mail a long time ago, I got to see the worst of those refusing to work. After being berated by a large woman with sideburns for a delayed crazy check which wasn't even on my route, I kind of understood why some people couldn't be employed
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2022, 12:51:02 PM »
Star Member mvd (64,062 posts)

Hi all,

I have carefully laid out each of the medical expenses (they are dental) and the repairs in my GoFundMe story. I understandably avoided the dentist during the pandemic, and I had to have an abscessed tooth extracted and need a large cavity filled and a full cleaning. Who knows what else they might find during my cleaning.

Most likely dick residue and rotten sperm. :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2022, 01:03:08 PM »
Thtwudbeme (7,327 posts)

23. Matt, you have two "gofundme's" open right now

I think people are starting to question the legitimacy of this one. My red flag was that you have medicaid but "don't trust the dentists that accept it."

Are you and your Mom OK? Perhaps you should contact a state agency at this point- a good social worker could help you navigate the care you guys need.

BlackSkimmer (46,585 posts)

24. Here are the previous GFMs you've posted.

There are discrepancies that have caught my and others' eye.

You offered to give hearts away to folks right after saying the electricity was going to be cut off, and now the water is going to be cut off.

Maybe put money like that toward your utilities?

Here are the previous GFMs for anyone interested:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215909861

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215946390

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216254697

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216659843

And then there is this month's GFM. As another poster pointed out, you still have a couple of the previous ones open.

:popcorn:

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2022, 01:12:16 PM »
mvd (64,085 posts)

14. Mom fell tonight going up the steps

It is so important she gets the toilet repaired. She is ok but might have sprained her ankle.

Getting a Norman Bates sorta vibe.  :p

But I like the urgency of getting the toilet fixed. When ya gotta go, ya gotta go. :panic:

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2022, 02:10:00 PM »
Way to go, mvd!! There’s no one who deserves to be taken to the cleaners more than the primitives. Here’s hoping you suck them dry of all their money!

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.