Author Topic: My fundraiser for emergency medical expenses and repairs  (Read 7774 times)

Offline 67 Rover

Re: My fundraiser for emergency medical expenses and repairs
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2022, 03:59:24 PM »
Yea, shutting off the water on an elderly person is not going to happen then adding in that she is disabled then I can guarantee you it is not even being considered.  :censored:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2022, 04:22:27 PM »
Yea, shutting off the water on an elderly person is not going to happen then adding in that she is disabled then I can guarantee you it is not even being considered.  :censored:

It was either his last beg a thon, or the one before that where he had a picture of like a $1,200 water bill on the beg a thon page.  I mean, that has to be months and months of unpaid water ... if true.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2022, 06:40:13 PM »
They sure do have a lot of fundraisers on DU. Thought everything would be rainbows and unicorn farts by now that Biden is in office? Hell, they control the executive and legislative branches. Maybe they're just a bunch of born ****ing losers who only vote for those who promise to take care of them......which NEVER happens.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2022, 06:54:13 PM »
Thtwudbeme (7,442 posts)

123. Matt- being an adult means that you know the power, electric and gas bills are coming on the same

days.

They are not a surprise.

You have had some "breaks." You have raised over 8 grand on DU. That's a chunk of change. Your Dad died 3 years ago. You have known that entire time that you had a find a way to support yourself. You need to get off of playing around on social media and find a way to support yourself.

I can say this. While Im certainly no expert on how to drain the Dummies of their ill gotten disability checks via a fundraiser. This, MVD primitive is a case study. Clearly worth of an archive.  :naughty:

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2022, 06:59:33 PM »
I can say this. While Im certainly no expert on how to drain the Dummies of their ill gotten disability checks via a fundraiser. This, MVD primitive is a case study. Clearly worth of an archive.  :naughty:

Poster should have started another thread to keep from kicking his begathon.   :rofl:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2022, 07:02:48 PM »
AND he lied about the water bill.

mvd
124. And I have always been able to pay this bill..
before shutoff. It’s not just me of course - I wish so many could get help for necessities like water.

No, no you could pay it and I hope someone points it out.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2022, 07:54:13 AM »
 :lmao:

Ya gotta give him credit for tenacity.  Too bad he doesn't want to work, he might actually be good at it!

mvd (64,163 posts)

135. Kick

Still less than $200 away from the final goal

:rotf:

18 minutes ago.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2022, 10:17:46 AM »
Ya gotta give him credit for tenacity.  Too bad he doesn't want to work, he might actually be good at it!

I'm afraid I disagree there - having just read the whole thread, he's so winey and needy there's no way he'd be able to keep any job. In the short time before he was sacked, I'm sure that he'd simply offload everything he was supposed to do onto his colleagues and winge and moan at his boss about how horrid everybody was for expecting him to contribute.

Quote from: mvd (64,163 posts)

135. Kick

Still less than $200 away from the final goal

I wonder what 'surprise' will cause that 'final goal' to be raised just as he reaches it.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2022, 10:45:37 AM »
I wonder what 'surprise' will cause that 'final goal' to be raised just as he reaches it.

He reached and exceeded the goal nine days ago--actually $1,040 of a goal of $1,000--and nothing's happened since then.

However, that last contribution of $600 looks fishy; I'm sure it's a paper, and not a real, contribution, although I have no idea how that would be done.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2022, 10:51:32 AM »
He reached and exceeded the goal nine days ago--actually $1,040 of a goal of $1,000--and nothing's happened since then.

However, that last contribution of $600 looks fishy; I'm sure it's a paper, and not a real, contribution, although I have no idea how that would be done.

He upped the target - no more donations (and as you say, the $600 is dodgy as hell), but the target is now $1,200. If he gets there, I'm sure that there's another surprise bill which will lead to a further target.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2022, 11:04:45 AM »
He upped the target - no more donations (and as you say, the $600 is dodgy as hell), but the target is now $1,200. If he gets there, I'm sure that there's another surprise bill which will lead to a further target.

Maybe an unexpected vet bill for his prize race horse.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2022, 02:06:52 PM »
mvd (64,171 posts)

140. She is seeing her doctor tomorrow

Also talking to him on the phone today. We do not have Uber money,

Wait, what? You just got over a grand since last week.  :confused:

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2022, 02:09:28 PM »

Wait, what? You just got over a grand since last week.  :confused:

X-Box series X with a 1TB HD bitches!!   :rocker2:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2022, 02:10:04 PM »
X-Box series X with a 1TB HD bitches!!   :rocker2:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2022, 02:18:30 PM »
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

there was one on there a couple months ago who actually ran a GFM to get an x-box claiming it's the only way he could make money or other crazy BS.
is this the same pan handler?

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2022, 02:48:54 PM »
there was one on there a couple months ago who actually ran a GFM to get an x-box claiming it's the only way he could make money or other crazy BS.

Yep. The same grifting con artist. Wanted Go****Yourself money to buy VR gear for his gaming console.

The DUmmies coughed it up, too...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2022, 07:51:40 PM »
Yep. The same grifting con artist. Wanted Go****Yourself money to buy VR gear for his gaming console.

The DUmmies coughed it up, too...

That was the Primitive known as Akoto. He raised 300ish bucks. He had a goal of 1000. He doesnt have the "go get'm", "whoa-is-me" attitude as MVD.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2022, 07:57:00 PM »
mvd (64,187 posts)

157. Congrats on reaching your goal, too!

We can always go over if someone desires. I want to get it to where I can absorb emergency expenses better, and next month will be tough. I will definitely not let my donors down in continuing to try get on the right path.

He's already setting them up for the next one. Tell me, what argument does the left use for abortion? That the baby is a parasite who can't take care of themselves? Just out of curiosity, how is MVD any different?

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2022, 11:31:11 PM »
mvd (64,194 posts)

158. Bringing this up again because..

I can’t start another thread until I go through everything suggested and explore everything. My mom is seeing a psychiatrist soon and the money problems are a big cause. So please, whatever you can give in the meantime would be greatly appreciated.

mvd (64,194 posts)

159. Also..

I feel terrible doing this. I am too embarrassed to increase the goal again. But mom sees a psychiatrist Wednesday and I think things will get better. Just have to ask for more temporary help here because I can’t do another thread now or in the near future.

mvd (64,194 posts)

162. Posted an update in the fundraiser

It’s the bank overdraft that concerns me. I want mom to have a fresh start while she’s undergoing care. I have proof of the overdraft and the fact we have had no luxuries if people think they should be put on. The transactions are more personal and wouldn’t want to put those on. I may reflect the asking in the goal tomorrow.

Night all.

Told yall.  :rofl:

Greasing them up. What a pathetic f'n loser.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2022, 05:49:44 AM »
Told yall.  :rofl:

Greasing them up. What a pathetic f'n loser.

Boy, how right you are!  From his beg a thon page;

Today

by Matthew DuBois, Organizer

Goal raised to $1,820 to cover the bank overdraft. That will definitely be the last raise of this fundraiser. I will close it if I reach this goal.

Yesterday

If you could do one more thing and cover the bank overdraft of $621.76, that would be so wonderful. My mom can then get a fresh start on the month while we seek help.

:rotf:

I seriously thought we'd seen the last of that thread.  Boy was I wrong!  He's got those suckers figured out.

KC

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2022, 05:51:24 AM »
Today

Goal raised to $1,820 to cover the bank overdraft. That will definitely be the last raise of this fundraiser. I will close it if I reach this goal.

Yesterday

If you could do one more thing and cover the bank overdraft of $621.76, that would be so wonderful. My mom can then get a fresh start on the month while we seek help.

Key word right there.  :rotf:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2022, 05:57:38 AM »

Key word right there.  :rotf:

Yup!

I particularly liked this part of his post at DU;

mvd (64,194 posts)

It’s the bank overdraft that concerns me. I want mom to have a fresh start while she’s undergoing care. I have proof of the overdraft and the fact we have had no luxuries if people think they should be put on. The transactions are more personal and wouldn’t want to put those on. I may reflect the asking in the goal tomorrow.

Night all.

If you are begging and telling everyone you're transparent, then BE transparent!

I for one would love to see those transactions.   :lmao:

KC

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2022, 06:08:45 AM »
This is great.

Goal reached on July 9th;

mvd (64,194 posts)

92. Thank you, DU!

I have reached my goal. I really did not want this situation to happen again. The advice is just as valuable. I will cherish both the donations and advice.

Goal increased by $200 July 18th after saying multiple times he wouldn't increase the goal;

mvd (64,194 posts)

113. Update

Remember earlier I mentioned the water bill. Well I found out that we have to pay it before mom’s social security comes in or they will shut off the water. This is earlier than I expected. I have increased the goal by $200. Only specific expenses will be included in the goal. But since this is the last GoFundMe I want to put on, anything over is also very

Goal increased to $1,820 on July 26 after saying he may do it tomorrow;

mvd (64,194 posts)

Night all.

He has gotten this down to an absolute art.  He could sell used cars and I think he would do well.  He acts as if he doesn't even see the objections, just continues with the closing questions!   :rotf:

KC

*Stolen

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2022, 08:06:55 AM »

He has gotten this down to an absolute art.  He could sell used cars and I think he would do well.  He acts as if he doesn't even see the objections, just continues with the closing questions!   :rotf:

KC

I'm more impressed that the idiots who keep giving him money are really this stupid.
And now he even has the infamous Omaha Steve pimping FOR him...

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216964688

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2022, 09:25:59 AM »
Somebody's mole needs to start a fundraiser over there.