Author Topic: Democrats, environmentalists slam 'catastrophic' Supreme Court EPA ruling  (Read 390 times)

Offline I_B_Perky

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/democrats-environmentalists-catastrophic-supreme-court-ruling-federal-climate-powers

Democrats and environmental groups quickly condemned the Supreme Court decision Thursday for curbing federal regulatory powers related to climate issues.

The high court ruled that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) had limited powers in regulating emissions, adding that the agency exceeded its authority when it issued a plan to restrict power plants in 2015 during the Obama administration. Proponents of strict regulations, though, said the ruling would severely handicap the federal government's efforts to prevent cataclysmic climate change.

"Catastrophic. A filibuster carveout is not enough," Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., tweeted. "We need to reform or do away with the whole thing, for the sake of the planet."

Fellow "Squad" member Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., added that the decision "flies in the face" of the law and "basic morality."

Seems West Virginia was successful in their lawsuit against the obumbles "rule" bankrupting coal fired plants. This is waaay bigger than Roe V Wade. This ruling has actually set the precedent that the liberal B-crats in DC don't get to make binding law.

Not to mention it just slapped the eco commies of the EPA upside the head.

Of course the three libs on the court whined mightily in their dissent that this "dooms the planet".  Right along with the "dirt air, dirty water" meme the eco lib commies, aka democrats, chant from the roof tops.

I especially liked this:
Fellow "Squad" member Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., added that the decision "flies in the face" of the law and "basic morality

What law you, stupid idiot?  The USSC supremes just ruled that "The LAW" doesn't apply to some unelected B-crat making rules willy nilly with out a legitlative process.

God smiles on America and I think he smiled back in 2016 when Trump was elected President... same as when the US elected Reagan.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant

...Seems West Virginia was successful in their lawsuit against the obumbles "rule" bankrupting coal fired plants. This is waaay bigger than Roe V Wade. This ruling has actually set the precedent that the liberal B-crats in DC don't get to make binding law.

Not to mention it just slapped the eco commies of the EPA upside the head...

I saw a post from Mark Smith of The Four Boxes Diner, regarding this ruling. Concurrent with issuing this, they also vacated a bunch of lower court rulings and sent the cases back for new evaluations reflecting the decisions handed down over the past several weeks. Two of them were cases regarding the AFT's attempt to redefine the term "machine gun" to include bump stocks. I imagine this will also affect suits from trigger manufacturers the AFT has been harassing lately, as well. Those just aren't as far along in the pipeline as the bump stock cases were.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :cheers1:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I saw a post from Mark Smith of The Four Boxes Diner, regarding this ruling. Concurrent with issuing this, they also vacated a bunch of lower court rulings and sent the cases back for new evaluations reflecting the decisions handed down over the past several weeks. Two of them were cases regarding the AFT's attempt to redefine the term "machine gun" to include bump stocks. I imagine this will also affect suits from trigger manufacturers the AFT has been harassing lately, as well. Those just aren't as far along in the pipeline as the bump stock cases were.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :cheers1:

Four cases that I heard of this afternoon, though no doubt there are more. Two have to do with magazine restrictions (no more than 10 rounds), one is a ban on AR rifles, and Hawaii's dumbass carry permit law is even more draconian than NY's law -- and we saw how that turned out.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Gosh.  I guess it's a good idea not to let the Internal Lois Obama Lerner Revenue Service set tax-policy then.

" It'd be against the law. "  -Bill Duke

Offline I_B_Perky

That was great to see, guys!

I really, really hope this is the ruling that reigns in the assholes in DC!
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi