Author Topic: Police Identify Tulsa Hospital Shooting Suspect, Reveal Likely Motive  (Read 486 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I was surprised to see that this latest mass shooting wasn't already posted - at least I don't think it was.

Curious to see how far this goes, given that the dead perp is black and his principal target (a doctor who treated him a couple weeks ago) is also black.

A 45-year-old man shot and killed four people and himself at a medical office in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Wednesday after he complained about back pain, officials confirmed on Thursday.

The gunman was identified by the Tulsa Police Department as Michael Louis. Police on Wednesday initially identified the suspect as a black male between the ages of 35 and 40, saying that he had a handgun and rifle.

Louis bought a rifle on the same day as the attack before killing St. Francis Hospital doctors Preston Phillips and Stephanie Husen. The other two slain victims were identified as receptionist Amanda Glenn and patient William Love, according to Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin during a news conference Thursday.

Franklin told reporters that he targeted Phillips following a recent surgery: “On May 19, Michael Louis went into the hospital for a back surgery.”

Officials discovered a letter on Louis in which he said he came in to kill Phillps and “anyone who got in his way,” Franklin said, adding that he blamed Phillips for ongoing back pain.

The suspect was released on May 24 but “right after release, Louis called several times over several days complaining of pain and wanted additional treatment,” the chief remarked. “He blamed Dr. Phillips for the ongoing pain following the surgery,” Franklin said.

On May 31, Louis was evaluated by Phillips, an orthopedist, again for additional treatment. But on Wednesday, Louis called his office “complaining of back pain and wanting additional assistance,” Franklin said.

“We grieve with the families after this senseless tragedy. We grieve with the co-workers,” Franklin said. “And we pray. We pray because we all need prayer.”

Louis’ family also confirmed his identity to The Daily Beast.

“Tulsa Police called me and verified that it’s my uncle,” Louis’ niece, who was not named, said on Thursday morning. “We are so distraught.” “I don’t even want to be associated because I’m so disgusted,” she told the outlet.

When Louis entered the Warren Clinic Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine on the second floor of the Natalie Medical Building, located near the St. Francis Hospital, Love and Glenn “stood in the way, and Louis gunned them down,” Franklin said. It’s not clear when he shot Husen, who was also an orthopedist.

Franklin told reporters that Louis had also purchased a pistol in late May. Both the pistol and rifle were purchased legally, he said.

The Saint Francis Health System said Wednesday it was grieving the loss of four employees.

“As a faith-based organization, the only recourse we have at this moment is to pray while we navigate this tragedy,” hospital officials said in a statement. “Out of respect for the families, we are not commenting on or releasing names of those lost or injured at this time.”

Photos of the perp and his main target at the link.

Epoch Times
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Dems going all in on gun control.

Blogger Jared at Guns 'n Gadgets reported several bills initiated which basically means they're taking the gloves off.

Then there's this:

Congressman Mondaire Jones (D-NY) warned law-abiding gun owners that Democrats will do everything in their power to ensure AR-15s and similar types of firearms are confiscated during a House Judiciary Committee hearing on Thursday.

The hearing was to consider H.R. 7910, the "Protecting Our Kids Act," which would raise the legal age to purchase "certain semiautomatic centerfire rifles or semiautomatic centerfire shotguns" from 18 to 21 with "exceptions." The bill will also "modernize the prohibition on untraceable firearms [and] encourage the safe storage of firearms."

Jones said Congress will pass gun control legislation and nothing, not the fillibuster in the Senate or the Supreme Court, will stop them.

"Enough is enough. Enough of you telling us that school shootings are effective life when every other country like ours has virtually ended. Enough of you blaming mental illness then defunding mental health care in this country. Enough of your thoughts and prayers. Enough. Enough. You will not stop us from advancing the 'Protecting Our Kids' Act today," Jones said. "You will not stop us from passing it in the House next week and you will not stop us. If the filibuster obstructs us, we will abolish it. If the Supreme Court objects, we will expand it. We will not rest until we have taken weapons of war out of circulation in our communities."

The gun control bill being considered by the House is in response to the mass shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, where a teenager, who was known to local police, killed 19 children and two teachers during an almost hour-long attack.

Interesting how this Democrat punk from NY is "concerned" about kids being killed, yet Chicago is a veritable war zone. Where's his "passion" insofar as Chicago is concerned?

More posturing by the left.

TownHall

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Great, the left can complain about guns and healthcare from one event, and use it as an argument for the government to take over both.

(yes, our government is up to it's elbows in our healthcare system, from what's left of Obamacare to Medicare/Medicaid to over regulation of medicine to tort laws.  but the proggie won't be happy until they have the power to make every decision for all us poor plebes who aren't as smart as them and have no idea what's best for ourselves)
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Democrat think... Gosh, my back hurts. I better go shoot someone.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
Unbelievable that this is from from MSN, but it is anyway ...

Re photos of shooter & 2 doctors killed in medical facility in Tulsa.

www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tulsa-hospital-shooting-suspect-identified-as-disgruntled-patient-hunting-for-back-surgeon-police/ar-AAY0Gk4?cvid=d809bf
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 07:43:56 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)

Photos of the perp and his main target at the link.

Sorry Eupher.  Did not click on your link @ Epoch times.  (blush)

Was busy  searching it out for myself.

~ ABC

Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
^^ No sweat, ABC-2!

Interesting that MSN would post those photos. Kinda wondering if AP, MSNBC, CNN, WaPo, NY Slimes will do the same.