Author Topic: BREAKING: Mass shooting at Texas elementary school, multiple children, 2 adults  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Wow, that press-conference was embarrassingly awful.

No wonder local police botched their response to the crime.  They botched the press-conference, which was all about presenting a new timeline.  The 'chief' (Stewart) has some kind of facial-twitch that had him go from crying to curating in the same breath.

The takeaway is that the 'on-site' commander had 19 officers stand in the hallway outside the two classrooms for at least 25-minutes, saying there were no children inside... when children inside were calling 911 saying the killer was still shooting at them.

Unforgivable.

Offline SVPete

More on the shifting timeleine, https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2022/05/27/border-patrol-tactical-team-arrived-at-uvalde-school-shortly-after-noon-but-cops-stopped-them-from-going-in-n472511 :

I continue not to understand why a town with its own police force and its own SWAT team hadn’t already neutralized the shooter by the time the immigration agents got there. Reportedly, the agents don’t understand it either.

But as bad as it was that Uvalde had to rely on federal officers to handle this, worse is the fact that the feds weren’t allowed to handle it at first. According to the NY Times, the BP and ICE units were held back before finally being allowed to take the shooter down around 45 minutes after they had first arrived.

The agents from Border Patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement arrived at some point between 12 p.m. and 12:10 p.m., according to the officials — far earlier than previously known. But they did not breach the adjoining classrooms of the school where the gunman had locked himself in until a little before 1 p.m. Members of the federal tactical team killed the gunman.

The officials said that members of the Uvalde Police Department kept the federal agents from going in sooner…

The Border Patrol and ICE agents did not understand why they were left to wait, according to the official. Eventually, the specialized Border Patrol team went into the building…

The federal officers had driven up from the Mexican border, one official said. The official said it was not clear to the federal agents why their team was needed, and why the local SWAT team did not respond.

:wtf2:  :wtf3:  :wtf2:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Beck has an interesting twist on this "hesitancy" by the local cops to take out the perp:

Barry Soetoro, George Floyd, Antifa, BLM, and the rest of the fools that want to target cops. When a black man dies while a cop's knee is on him, irrespective of whether or not that black man has just ingested an overdose of fentanyl, that cop is automatically a murderer. Consequently, many cops just aren't interested in putting their asses on the line since they know their political leaders do not have their backs.

I'm not saying I agree with Beck on this one (cops gotta do what cops gotta do - whether it's charging into a room that has an active shooter in it or not), but it is an interesting twist and a potential example of unintended consequences.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
...Consequently, many cops just aren't interested in putting their asses on the line since they know their political leaders do not have their backs...

Then next time, instead of arresting parents while they stand around for over an hour outside the school doing NOTHING, they need to get their cowardly butts out of the way and let the parents go get their children.  :censored: :thatsright:

Lotus Eaters Link
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 05:42:46 PM by DefiantSix »
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Border Patrol Team Who Ultimately Killed Shooter Were Blocked From Entering School By Uvalde Police for Nearly an Hour
https://timcast.com/news/border-patrol-team-who-ultimately-killed-shooter-were-blocked-from-entering-school-by-uvalde-police-for-nearly-an-hour/

When Border Patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement arrived at Robb Elementary School during the shooting, they were held back by Uvalde Police for nearly an hour, according to a new report.

It was an agent, or agents, from BORTAC, an elite Border Patrol tactical team, who ultimately gained access to the room and killed the shooter — as Uvalde Police stood back.

According to a report from the New York Times, Border Patrol arrived at the scene between 12 p.m. and 12:10 p.m. after driving up from the Mexican border, according to two officials that they spoke to on the condition of anonymity. This arrival time is much earlier than previously believed.

They were not able to breach the adjoining classrooms where the gunman was until just before 1 p.m. because they were not allowed entry.

This gets worse and worse.  :censored: :mad:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Then next time, instead of arresting parents while they stand around for over an hour outside the school doing NOTHING, they need to get their cowardly butts out of the way and let the parents go get their children.  :censored: :thatsright:

Lotus Eaters Link

I have no problem with that. And yeah, I have to believe that real cops under real leadership would not have hesitated to do what was necessary to stop the carnage. Something stinks in that town about the cops.

The mayor has some balls, but I'm not sure that has cascaded down to the cop on the beat or, more likely, the chief of police.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Reporter in Uvalde: Biden visit stoking 'a lot of outrage'
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/reporter-in-uvalde-biden-visit-stoking-a-lot-of-outrage

There is "a lot of outrage" over President Joe Biden visiting Uvalde, Texas, days after a mass shooting killed 21 in a local elementary school, according to a reporter there.

Stella Chavez, an immigration and demographics reporter for KERA News, was asked by CNN's Brian Stelter if the families of the victims care about Biden's trip on Sunday.

"I think it depends on who you ask," Chavez said during an appearance on Reliable Sources. "I think, for the most part, the families who were affected want to focus on their loved ones who were killed. And I think having the leader of our country come here and express, you know, his condolences is important to them. But I also know, I’ve heard people say, you know, now is not the time for him to come here."

Asked why that is, Chavez said, "I think some people are concerned about politicizing this event. And I’ve heard a lot of outrage from people. But I’ve also heard from folks who say, 'I don’t want to focus on that, on what could have happened, what should’ve happened, I just want to focus on the kids.' So I would just say it depends on who you ask. But I do think it’s significant that he’s coming here and especially so soon after another similar trip to Buffalo where a horrible mass shooting also happened."

The news media presents a highly distorted and one sided angle.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
SharterJoe has repeatedly brought up his own son's death from brain cancer in these types of "condolences tours."

What Joe doesn't understand is there is ZERO relationship between his son's death and the deaths of these victims.

But we expect that from SharterJoe. Zero clue, zero understanding, and marches to Barry's drumbeat even today.  :whatever:

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Uvalde, Texas police cooperating with state in school shooting probe, district PD chief not responding
https://www.foxnews.com/us/uvalde-texas-police-school-shooting-cooperation

While the Uvalde, Texas police department and local school district police have cooperated with state Department of Public Safety investigators into the massacre that killed 19 children and two teachers at an elementary school and the law enforcement response, the chief of the school police has not responded to a request for a follow-up interview.

The Uvalde Police Department and Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District police force have been talking to authorities, a Texas Department of Public Safety spokesman said.

Local authorities have come under pressure since a Friday press conference in which Steven McCraw, the head of the Texas Department of Public Safety, said the delayed police response to the mass shooting was "the wrong decision."

Pete Arredondo, the Uvalde school district police chief, has not responded to Texas Rangers in two days for a follow-up interview from his initial statements following the shooting, a DPS spokesperson told Fox News in a statement.

Peter Arrendondo is now silent. Something to hide?
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Watch: Uvalde ISD Police Chief Breaks Silence
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/uvalde-isd-police-chief-stops-cooperating-sworn-city-council-member-days-after-botched

Update (1655ET): Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District Police Chief Pete Arredondo, who was the on-site commander for the mass shooting last week that left 21 people dead, has broken his silence over reports that he isn't communicating with state investigators.

"Just so everybody knows, we’ve been in contact with DPS every day," Arredondo told CNN. "I’ve been on the phone with them every day."

When a reporter pressed him to answer more questions, Arredondo said: "We’re going to be respectful to the family," adding "We’re going to do that eventually. Whenever this is done and the families quit grieving, then we’ll do that obviously."

Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District Police Chief Pete Arredondo has some major explaining to do.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Watch: Uvalde ISD Police Chief Breaks Silence
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/uvalde-isd-police-chief-stops-cooperating-sworn-city-council-member-days-after-botched

Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District Police Chief Pete Arredondo has some major explaining to do.

There are a lot of details I would like to hear to help explain what happened.  How long have all of the cops, including the chief, been working as cops?  Where?  What training have they received, in terms of emergency response, chain of command in emergencies (the prison I worked used a system called ICS which I believe is pretty standard across many levels of law enforcement that we were trained in and did regular drills on)?  Had they always worked Uvalde or similar smaller towns, or did any of the officers have larger city experience?  Had any of the officers been involved in an active shooter situation before? 

There's no answers to any of these questions that excuse what appears to be a massive failure on the part of the UPD, but getting this information and applying it to Uvalde and other places (also known as learning from your mistakes, lurkers) can help prevent repeat performances. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
There are a lot of details I would like to hear to help explain what happened.  How long have all of the cops, including the chief, been working as cops?  Where?  What training have they received, in terms of emergency response, chain of command in emergencies (the prison I worked used a system called ICS which I believe is pretty standard across many levels of law enforcement that we were trained in and did regular drills on)?  Had they always worked Uvalde or similar smaller towns, or did any of the officers have larger city experience?  Had any of the officers been involved in an active shooter situation before? 

There's no answers to any of these questions that excuse what appears to be a massive failure on the part of the UPD, but getting this information and applying it to Uvalde and other places (also known as learning from your mistakes, lurkers) can help prevent repeat performances.

Wait for the upcoming trial where all of these issues, and probably more, will come up. The lawyers are just waiting to jump on this as only ambulance-chasers can.

Class action lawsuit, anyone?  :whatever:

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Funeral worker says cops stopped him from saving kids during Texas school shooting
https://nypost.com/2022/06/05/texas-cops-stopped-funeral-worker-from-saving-kids-man-says/

A Texas funeral home worker — among the first to come face-to-face with deranged school shooter Salvador Ramos — says cops stopped him from rushing in to save the kids.

Cody Briseno said he and a coworker initially ran to help Ramos after the 18-year-old killer crashed his pickup truck outside Robb Elementary School on May 24 — but turned back when he saw Ramos armed with an “evil look” on his face, he told NBC News in an interview that aired Sunday.

“I see him crawling out from the passenger window. I tell him, ‘Hey man, are you OK? Are you alright?'” Briseno told the outlet. “We locked eyes and he gave me this vibe.

“He looked right back at me with this evil look and I see this rifle,” he said. “He was shooting at both of us and I could just hear ricochet.”

This gets more disturbing. Cody Briseno tried to help, but was blocked by police.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Officer husband of slain Uvalde teacher was detained, had gun taken away after trying to save wife
https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022/06/21/officer-husband-of-slain-uvalde-teacher-was-detained-had-gun-taken-away-after-trying-to-save-wife/

UVALDE, Texas – Shocking testimony from the Texas DPS director on Tuesday has revealed even more insight into the “abject failure” of response to the Uvalde shooting that occurred on May 24.

Texas Department of Public Safety Director Col. Steven McCraw revealed that the husband of slain elementary teacher Eva Mireles tried to save her but was barred from doing so.

Ruben Ruiz is a police officer for the school district and was on the scene after the gunman entered the school and opened fire.

McCraw said Mireles called Ruiz and told him that “she had been shot and was dying.”

Ruben Ruiz is a police officer and was at Robb Elementary School. His gun was taken as he at the school. This more than an abject failure.  :mad:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Horrifying. ^^^^^

And the lawyers will be lining up to cash in on this one.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
Horrifying. ^^^^^

And the lawyers will be lining up to cash in on this one.

Too bad all the payouts associated with this abortion will be coming from the public trough, instead of somebody's personal account...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Old n Grumpy

All the cops that didn't act should be fired. :mad:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
All the cops that didn't act should be fired charged with Dereliction of Duty and sent to General Population. :mad:

Fixed 'er for ya, my friend. :cheers1:
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline ADsOutburst

All the cops that didn't act should be fired. :mad:

...from a cannon missile silo?

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Uvalde school police chief resigns from city council
https://justthenews.com/nation/uvalde-school-police-chief-resigns-city-council

Pete Arredondo, the chief of police of the Uvalde, Tx., school district, resigned from the city council of that town this week, according to media reports on Saturday.

The Uvalde Leader-News reported on the resignation on Saturday, quoting Arredondo as saying that he had "decided to step down as a member of the city council for District 3."

"The mayor, the city council, and the city staff must continue to move forward without distractions. I feel this is the best decision for Uvalde,” he said, according to the paper.

The disgraced UCISD police chief Pete Arredondo has stepped down as Uvalde city council.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 03:36:02 PM by Ptarmigan »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Uvalde officer aimed rifle at gunman outside school but didn't fire, new report finds
https://www.statesman.com/story/news/state/2022/07/06/uvalde-school-shooting-report-police-missteps/65368071007/

A Uvalde police officer aimed his rifle at the Robb Elementary gunman before he entered the school but waited for a supervisor's permission to open fire, according to a new report obtained Wednesday by the American-Statesman and KVUE-TV about the police response during the massacre that killed 19 children and two teachers.

The officer did not hear a response “and turned to get confirmation from his supervisor,” according to the report by the San Marcos-based Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training, which conducts active shooter training for police in Texas and beyond. “When he turned back to address the suspect, the suspect had already entered" the school.

The revelation is among multiple new disclosures about mistakes and missteps that responding officers made during the May 24 tragedy, going against best national practices and potentially endangering the lives of fellow officers, the report said. It concluded that because of the flawed response, “while we do not have definitive information at this point, it is possible that some of the people who died during this event could have been saved.”

:mad: :argh: :censored:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
Uvalde officer aimed rifle at gunman outside school but didn't fire, new report finds
 :mad: :argh: :censored:

As frustrating as it is, I can understand and approve of why the officer didn't take the shot. At that point in time the perp wasn't a clear and present threat to the officer or any bystander, and so even with the rifle on school grounds being a felony, the media, arm chair quarterbacks in various government agencies and perhaps most annoyingly, trial attornies would have had a field day had he taken the shot at that time.

Regrettable, but the rest of the department sitting on their thumbs for an hour afterward while they had ample evidence rolling into their call center that the perp HAD become a clear and present danger subsequent to the original officer's request to fire is overwhelmingly more infuriating.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 07:16:58 PM by DefiantSix »
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
As frustrating as it is, I can understand and approve of why the officer didn't take the shot. At that point in time the perp wasn't a clear and present threat to the officer or any bystander, and so even with the rifle on school grounds being a felony, the media, arm chair quarterbacks in various government agencies and perhaps most annoyingly, trial attornies would have had a field day had he taken the shot at that time.

Regrettable, but the rest of the department sitting on their thumbs for an hour afterward while they had ample evidence rolling into their call center that the perp HAD become a clear and present danger subsequent to the original officer's request to fire is overwhelmingly more infuriating.

Completely agree. Had the cop taken the shot and engaged the perp, all hell would've broken loose.

Cops are walking on eggshells as it is. I wonder if that cop had to ask his supervisor to take a dump.

That said, the evident inaction by the rest of the cops for about an hour is simply beyond the pale. All of those supervisors need to be fired, at minimum. And the asshat supervisor who stood the cop down and took his service weapon after the cop's wife was shot and dying needs to do time for dereliction of duty.

There is a lot broken with the cop system in Uvalde. I can see some of the "paralysis by analysis" second-guessing bullshit due to cops being literal and legal targets most of the time, but there are serious issues with duty and what that duty means to the community.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Uvalde surveillance footage shows police response as gunman murdered 19 children and 2 adults
https://www.foxnews.com/us/uvalde-surveillance-footage-shows-police-response-gunman-murdered-19-children-2-adults

Portions of surveillance footage of the Robb Elementary School shooting were published by the Austin American-Statesman and KVUE on Tuesday ahead of a planned release by officials on Sunday.

The footage shows the gunman, who authorities have identified as 18-year-old Salvador Ramos, firing multiple shots from an AR-15 style rifle outside the school, then entering the building at 11:33 a.m. and shooting his way into adjoining classrooms.

A barrage of more than 100 bullets were fired inside those two classrooms over the next two-and-a-half minutes before seven officers ran into the school at 11:36, two of them armed with rifles and four others armed with handguns.

Disturbing and graphic.  :mad: :censored:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Illegal immigration blamed in Uvalde, Texas school shooting: report
https://nypost.com/2022/07/18/illegal-immigration-blamed-in-uvalde-texas-school-shooting-report/

The US border crisis helped create lax security at the Uvalde school where 19 fourth-graders and two teachers were slaughtered, an explosive Texas report shows.

State lawmakers who investigated the horrific mass shooting noted in their findings a major problem plaguing Texas border towns as law enforcement increasingly spot vehicles suspected of human smuggling — and said the situation contributed to “relaxed vigilance” at the school during the May attack.

The report explained that when authorities try to pull a suspicious vehicle over, the driver often refuses to stop and speeds away, a dangerous occurrence that frequently ends in a crash and the operator and his passengers abandoning, or “bailing out,” of the car.

Such “bailouts” in Uvalde routinely trigger security alerts for local schools including Robb Elementary. But since the alerts usually don’t amount to danger for the school, they end up being treated a little like the boy who cried wolf, the pols’ report said.

How the border crisis played a role in police response at Robb Elementary.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du