Author Topic: BREAKING: Mass shooting at Texas elementary school, multiple children, 2 adults  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
BREAKING: Mass shooting at Texas elementary school, multiple children, 2 adults dead, multiple injuries
https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-mass-shooting-at-texas-elementary-school-two-children-dead-multiple-injuries

UPDATE: Eva Mireles, a fourth grade teacher at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, has been the first victim identified in the mass shooting at the school.

UPDATE: According to Fox News, the death toll has risen to at least 18 children and two adults.

UPDATE:  According to the Daily Mail, Ramos messaged a girl he knew on instagram before the attack. "Be grateful I tagged you" Salvador Ramos told her. "No it's just scary fr," the girl responded. "How," said the shooter suspect. "i barely know you and u tag me in a picture with some guns." After the shooting transpired, the girl added "he's a stranger i know nothing about him he decided to tag me in his gun post. i'm so sorry for the victims and their families i really don't know what to say." In the lead-up to the attack, Salavador Ramos reportedly told this person they were "about to" shoot up a school. "The only reason i responded to him was because i was afraid of him i wish i stayed awake to at least try to convince him to not commit his crime. I didn't know," added the girl.

The killer is identified as 18 year old Salvador Ramos.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Uvalde, Texas school shooting leaves 19 children, 3 adults, including shooter dead
https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/uvalde-texas-school-shooting

Uvalde, Texas school shooting leaves 19 children, three adults, including shooter dead
The total number of dead from Tuesday's shooting at a Uvalde, Texas elementary school has increased to 22 victims.

The Texas Department of Public Safety told Fox News that 19 children were killed as well as two teachers were confirmed dead.

The other person killed was the suspected gunman, Salvador Ramos.

The death toll is now up to 22.  :mad: :argh:  :censored:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

Mass shooters like Ramos need to be unpersoned in news reports and spoken of as the rabid animals they are/were.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
It doesn't take long for the gun grabbers to start running their yaps.

In this case, the Golden State Warriors head coach, Steve Kerr, decided to show his ass after babbling his speech and flounced out of the presser.

I read an account earlier this morning that Dana Loesch did a great job in refuting Kerr's bullshit in just a few words, I think on Tucker's show. No link, though. Sorry.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Mr Mannn

rumor: The kid was mentally disabled and was mad because he could not graduate. So a guy from the Area told the reporter yesterday.

Offline SVPete

In this case, the Golden State Warriors head coach, Steve Kerr, decided to show his ass after babbling his speech and flounced out of the presser.

I read an account earlier this morning that Dana Loesch did a great job in refuting Kerr's bullshit in just a few words, I think on Tucker's show. No link, though. Sorry.

Typical Kerr. Given the amount of predatory behavior by professional athletes, Kerr, the NBA, and other sports leagues should clean out their own Augean Stables before worrying about neighbors' backyards. And maybe, figure out that parroting and acting out Woke-Prog talking-points loses customers.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline SVPete

Picking bits and pieces from https://nypost.com/2022/05/24/what-we-know-so-far-about-salvador-ramos-the-suspected-texas-school-shooter/ :

Ramos’ friend Santos Valdez Jr., 18, said the two had been close, playing video games and basketball regularly, until his friend’s behavior began to “deteriorate,” The Washington Post reported.

At one point, he recounted, Ramos showed up at a park with scratch marks across his face and said he had been attacked by a cat.

“Then he told me the truth, that he’d cut up his face with knives over and over and over,” Valdez told the newspaper.

“I was like, ‘You’re crazy, bro, why would you do that?’” he said. Ramos told him it was just “for fun,” Valdez said.
Valdez also described how Ramos used to drive around with another pal and shoot people at random with a BB gun — and also egged people’s cars.
Friends and relatives also said Ramos had been bullied throughout middle school and junior high for a speech impediment – a stutter and lisp, according to the Washington Post.
Nadia Reyes, a high school classmate, told the paper that Ramos recently posted an Instagram story of himself yelling at his mom, who he said was trying to kick him out of their home.

“He posted videos on his Instagram where the cops were there and he’d call his mom a b—- and say she wanted to kick him out,” she told the paper. “He’d be screaming and talking to his mom really aggressively.”

Ramos moved to his grandmother’s home across town a few months ago, according to neighbor Ruben Flores, 41, who said he last saw the grandmother Sunday when she stopped by the mom’s Hood Street property, which she also owned.

He told the Washington Post that she told him she was in the process of evicting Ramos’ mother because of her drug issues.

I guess Ramos wasn't the white male Fundie-gelical Pro-Lifer Progs need.

As to being bullied at school, that was my life for about 7 years. I didn't shoot a bunch of elementary school kids, nor even the morons who bullied me. So being bullied doesn't transmogrify people into murderers. (if it did, I'm almost 60 years past-due).

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
The bullying crap happens to just about everybody. It's part of being a kid. It's one of those lessons you take with you, but it is only a lesson -- not a license to murder.

Best thing to do to bullies is to beat the shit out of them. It only takes one time then that bully will bully you no more.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
The bullying crap happens to just about everybody. It's part of being a kid. It's one of those lessons you take with you, but it is only a lesson -- not a license to murder.

Best thing to do to bullies is to beat the shit out of them. It only takes one time then that bully will bully you no more.

Not a bouncy story, I promise and I'll try to make it brief.

Moved to suburbs when I was in 7th grade, and had dorky glasses as kids wore in the early 80's. This little snot nosed kid constantly bullied me verbally in both years of Junior High. At some point, I essentially told him to "Go Cheney yourself", and he wanted to fight and I agreed. A classmate said we could have the "fight" in his backyard a few blocks away after school. In one punch, I broke the bully's nose and he cried, whined, and went scurrying away like a little girl.  No one ever "bullied" me like that ever again.

In the summer after 8th grade, I got contact lenses and happened to grow in height 8 inches as teenage boys often do. And some of my classmates didn't even recognize me when we started Freshman year in high school.

We didn't solve our disagreement with guns, we did it properly like adolescent teens. And sure, I still got occasionally teased throughout high school/college, and even in real life to this day. You just laugh it off and don't take it too damn seriously.

But if you convincingly beat up a bully early rather than wallow in misery, you'll live a happier life.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

The dynamics are a bit different when the target is 10 or 11 and the bullies are 2-4 years older and bigger, as was my case for a few years. Finally in my junior year a bully went that step far enough that I clumsily saw and raised him. That was the last of the bullying, but at age 16 and after 7 years of the crap, the relief wasn't that much. The next year plus was more peaceful, but the years of me being changed weren't undone.

Offline SVPete

My mind never went "there", but to my mind, a bully's target bent on revenge would go after the bully, not some random people. More to the point, were Ramos seeking revenge, he would have gone after students/people around his own age, the people who bullied him. There is no way in Hades the primary-grade children he slaughtered had anything to do with Ramos being bullied.

My conclusion is that, however the experience of being bullied bent Ramos' character and personality, his choice of victims proves having been bullied had basically nothing to do with the shooting. Something else bent him so that he would slaughter primary-grade children.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
My mind never went "there", but to my mind, a bully's target bent on revenge would go after the bully, not some random people. More to the point, were Ramos seeking revenge, he would have gone after students/people around his own age, the people who bullied him. There is no way in Hades the primary-grade children he slaughtered had anything to do with Ramos being bullied.

My conclusion is that, however the experience of being bullied bent Ramos' character and personality, his choice of victims proves having been bullied had basically nothing to do with the shooting. Something else bent him so that he would slaughter primary-grade children.

I don't think there's any doubt he was a psychopath. Cutting himself like he did was certainly a sign. Another is his announcement on Fakebook about he's going to "do it." No, the bully defense is garbage. This moron belonged in a mental institution.

Offline SVPete

Absent more complete info, I think the guy is a head case or has programmed himself to be a killer (if there a word for that, I don't know it). The questions that should be asked are:

* How many signs were missed that the guy was evil/dangerous, and why?

* How was he able to get on the school campus with at least one long gun and into a classroom without being stopped?

* Why, in light of recent history, was there no police officer with an on-campus duty station?

You know, the kind of real-life sad and tough questions from which something useful might be learned.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
EXCLUSIVE: Portrait of a teenage killer: Boyfriend of shooter's mother says the 'loner' 18-year-old stayed in his bedroom hitting a punching bag and wouldn't allow anyone in the house while friend says he would drive around shooting people with a BB gun
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10852875/Portrait-killer-Bullied-Call-Duty-loving-Texas-school-gunman-brawled-repeatedly-school.html

Salvador Ramos, 18, often stayed in his room on Hood Street, where he would repeatedly hit a punching bag by himself, his mother's boyfriend Manuel Alvarez told DailyMail.com.

Speaking from the front porch of the three-bedroom house at the end of the dirt road, he said ‘Salvador was a loner.’

‘He didn’t have many friends. Occasionally a "friend" came over,’ he continued, but noted the last time he saw he saw a friend over at the house was about six months ago.

Alvarez, 62, told DailyMail.com that he is shocked that Ramos went on to kill 19 children at the Robb Elementary School in the second-deadliest shooting in the United States, following only the infamous Sandy Hook massacre in 2012 - which saw 26 people killed.

His parents have criminal records.

Ramos is the son of Salvador Ramos, 42, and Adriana Martinez Reyes, 39 - both of whom have a criminal history, DailyMail.com can confirm.

Salvador Sr. has a criminal history going back to 2000, when a Texas Court report shows he was sentenced to 180 days in jail for an unspecified misdemeanor - and was ordered to pay $875 at Uvalde County Court.

He then committed another misdemeanor just one month later and was ordered to pay another $375.

Two years later, on July 29, 2002 he was again arrested for an assault that causes bodily injury against a family member, according to public records. He was again sent to prison for 180 days.

In 2005, he faced another misdemeanor charge and was sentenced to a maximum of 30 days in prison, and by April 2011, Ramos again faced charges - this time for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and possession of marijuana, and faced a maximum of two years in prison.

It is unclear what Salvador's relationship was with his son, though he lived nearby.

Salvador's mother, meanwhile, was arrested in June 2003 for property theft of less than $500. It is unclear how long she served for that offense.

She was also arrested on misdemeanor charges in 2005 - though it is unclear what precipitated that arrest.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Absent more complete info, I think the guy is a head case or has programmed himself to be a killer (if there a word for that, I don't know it). The questions that should be asked are:

* How many signs were missed that the guy was evil/dangerous, and why?

* How was he able to get on the school campus with at least one long gun and into a classroom without being stopped?

* Why, in light of recent history, was there no police officer with an on-campus duty station?

You know, the kind of real-life sad and tough questions from which something useful might be learned.

I read today that a border patrol agent was the one to actually put the perp down. Of course, had there been an armed cop or part-time cop in the building and said cop immediately engaged the perp, most of those kids wouldn't have been killed.

All the victims were in one classroom, from what I've read. So the perp didn't walk around shooting at random people evidently.

Offline SVPete

I've read, in early reports, that his mother had kicked him out of the house and he was living with his grandmother ... the grandmother he tried to kill before going on to attack the school. I haven't seen whether she survived or died. I've heard that Gov. Abbott stated that the deceased killer didn't have a history of mental illness. "History" would only mean actual medical contacts. My guess is that both local schools and his not necessarily very engaged parent(s) ignored a LOT of serious signs, and possibly also crimes. Just a guess, based on the F-Ups with the Parkland, FL killer.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
It's been reported that the perp's parents - both of them - had criminal records. Mom was a druggie and Dad was prone to domestic violence. Served at least two 180-day jail sentences for misdemeanors. Mom and Dad were separated, but Dad apparently lived in the area. It was originally reported that the perp killed Grandma at the beginning of his rampage, but maybe that isn't the case. Shot her in the face, IIRC.

As tragic as this entire incident is, I'm glad the vermin perp will be worm food. Saves the taxpayers the cost of prosecuting his ass.

That said, I'd much rather his young ass be in a mental institution if it means all those kids and adults he murdered go on with their lives.

Offline SVPete

This article, https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2022/05/25/more-information-about-the-uvalde-victims-and-the-shooter-n472015 , has a lot about the victims he killed, as is right. Sadly, because it's being politicized as well as the obvious need to do better, "understanding" Ramos is important. The two needs intersect, because, as I posted above, Ramos wasn't the white male Fundie-gelical Pro-Lifer Progs need - Progs's lies need to be smacked down - and as the latter part of the article points out in detail I had not previously seen, signs Ramos was troubled and likely to become serious trouble were plenteous and ignored.

Added an essential comma.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 01:43:42 PM by SVPete »

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
^^^Agree completely about refuting the obvious and anticipated proglodyte narrative.

It'll run something like this:  "Poor Hispanic kid, living in a White American-run section of rural Texas and completely dominated by racism and downtrodden by White America, bullied by White America because of a lisp and a stutter, shut down by a system that forced his mother into the drug world and his father into domestic violence situation, lashed out despite ample warning and tragically lost his life."

The narrative won't mention his own BS like shooting people with BBs or his cutting his own face. It won't mention his having murdered 22 people in cold blood in a supposed "sanctuary" like an elementary school. No, it'll paint the perp (I refuse to use his name) as a victim of white American suppression.

And the morons who listen to that shit will lap it up like the dumbasses they are.  :whatever:

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Family of Texas shooting victims criticizes school for neglecting security
https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-shooting-victims-family-criticize-school-neglecting-security

UVALDE, Texas – The family members of children killed in the Robb Elementary School shooting criticized the school for neglecting security procedures.

"They need to start putting a lot of security, more than what they have right now," said Gilda Lopez, the grandmother of Xavier Lopez, a 10-year-old slain during the Texas shooting. "Look what happened. We lost an angel."

Salvador Ramos entered the school through an apparently unlocked door before entering a fourth-grade classroom and killing 19 children and two teachers, authorities said Thursday.

I would think the doors would be locked. Then again he could of shot the lock out to get in.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Texas school killer Salvador Ramos got job at Wendy's to save up $4,000 for rifles he used to massacre 19 young children, and shared his lust for guns with worried co-workers
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10855013/Texas-elementary-school-killer-Salvador-Ramos-got-job-Wendys-save-4-000-guns.html

The teenage gunman who killed 19 young children at a Texas elementary school worked at Wendy's to save up $4,000 to purchase the guns he used in the massacre.

A former co-worker of Salvador Ramos, 18, described the school shooter as a 'rude, creepy and scruffy' guy who she would keep her distance from because he felt unsafe.

Grace Cruz, also 18, told The Sun she worked with the 'demented' teen at the fast-food chain restaurant in Uvalde, Texas, located just minutes from Robb Elementary School - the site of his mass shooting.

She claimed Ramos openly talked about using the money he earned at Wendy's to purchase guns and ammo, adding that he 'suddenly quit' weeks before Tuesday's shooting. 

There is something creepy about Salvador Ramos.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Husband Of Teacher Slain In Texas School Shooting Suffers Fatal Heart Attack: Report
https://www.dailywire.com/news/husband-of-teacher-slain-in-texas-school-shooting-suffers-fatal-heart-attack-report

The husband of one of the teachers slain in the murderous elementary school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, has suffered a fatal heart attack, according to a news report.

“Joe Garcia, the husband of Irma Garcia, one of two teachers shot and killed in Uvalde, TX on Tuesday, has reportedly suffered a fatal heart attack,” Ernie Zuniga of KABB  San Antonio Fox reported. “Joe and Irma were high school sweethearts and married 24 years. They leave behind four children.”

Joe and Irma Garcia had been married for 24 years. She had taught at Robb Elementary for 23 years and nominated as a teacher of the year by the school district in 2019.

Joe Garcia, the wife of Irma Garcia, died from grief.  :(  :mad:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Family of Texas shooting victims criticizes school for neglecting security
https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-shooting-victims-family-criticize-school-neglecting-security

I would think the doors would be locked. Then again he could of shot the lock out to get in.

There is an unholy cluster of "information" flooding out about what did and didn't happen during this event.  I haven't found any solid timeline, confirmation about what security was in place, what procedures were in place and were being followed, what the cops did on arrival, what they didn't do on arrival, ect from any trustworthy sources.  There are accusations flying of cops waiting around, not going in, parents getting held back from going into the building, stuff like this about proper procedures not being followed in the school (my district requires we have classroom doors closed and locked while teaching, all schools have buzzers on the front doors that the office has to open for anyone to enter the building).  This is irritating to me as a teacher and parent and conservative, because it means that people are hearing stuff and running with it to fit their narratives and agenda, and it's happening across the political spectrum, and that makes it difficult to find what actually happened and what can really be done about it, at the early prevention level, at the time of the event level, at the school procedure level, and even at the government level.  Which seems to be the plan of some feeding the chaos, keep people upset and making demands, but don't let anyone get calmed down and present the whole story to create and implement any actual improvements. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
This tragedy has already become political -- which usually happens during school shootings. I'm at the point where I disregard EVERYTHING until the media stop blaring about it 24/7.

The truth will come out eventually -- just not now, and probably not for the next couple of weeks.

Offline SVPete

Some timeline info here, https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/paula-bolyard/2022/05/26/timeline-shifts-again-in-uvalde-school-shooting-n1601275 . Some data points are fairly solid some may move a bit. A few I think are telling, all quoted from the article, are:

* 11:40 am: Ramos enters the school unimpeded and begins firing.

* 11:44 am: Four minutes after Ramos entered the building, law enforcement officials arrive at the school and make entry. “They hear gunfire, they take rounds, they move back to get cover, and during that time they approach the place where the suspect is at,” said Escalon.

* Around 12:35 pm: “Approximately an hour later, U.S. Border tactical teams arrive. They make entry, shoot and kill the suspect,” Escalon said.

I wonder how many children might have been saved had the local PD forced entry - admittedly, at the risk of their lives - and taken out Ramos in the 11:50-12:00 time frame.

Further, in light of this 2018 incident, https://www.kens5.com/article/news/crime/two-teens-arrested-in-mass-casualty-plot-in-2018-targeting-a-uvalde-middle-school/273-548565605 , why in Hades was Ramos able to hop a fence while carrying a rifle (or two?) and enter the school un-freaking-impeded? And why were the local PD so obviously unprepared to handle an active shooter situation (Hello? Clusters-R-Us?) - four years after the plot was foiled, no bleeping training?!!!