Author Topic: Merida’s Horse Gets Caught in a Balloon at Disney World, It Panics.  (Read 621 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Merida’s Horse Gets Caught in a Balloon at Disney World, It Panics.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 06:03:00 PM »
Draft horses like that (a Percheron, or maybe a Clydesdale?) are generally pretty amiable. This one did NOT like that balloon.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 07:56:59 PM »
Draft horses like that (a Percheron, or maybe a Clydesdale?) are generally pretty amiable. This one did NOT like that balloon.
I don't think it was the balloon as much as it was the feeling of the ribbon getting wrapped around it's back leg.

When I worked fireworks at Disneyland the stables where all the animals that were in the park including the draft horses that pulled the street cars on Main Street were housed were adjacent to the fireworks launch area and the nightly shows didn't bother them a bit.  They would walk the horses by the launch site on the way to their stables as were loading for the night's show.

When they broke ground for the new Star Wars land in 2015, the stables were in the cross sights for the new land so they moved the stables offsite to the city of Norco which is about  35 miles to the east and they now truck the horses into the park in the early morning hours and return them back to their stables in Norco around 3 in the afternoon when they need Main Street clear of the streetcars so they can run the daily parade.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 12:03:07 PM »
I don't think it was the balloon as much as it was the feeling of the ribbon getting wrapped around it's back leg.

When I worked fireworks at Disneyland the stables where all the animals that were in the park including the draft horses that pulled the street cars on Main Street were housed were adjacent to the fireworks launch area and the nightly shows didn't bother them a bit.  They would walk the horses by the launch site on the way to their stables as were loading for the night's show.

When they broke ground for the new Star Wars land in 2015, the stables were in the cross sights for the new land so they moved the stables offsite to the city of Norco which is about  35 miles to the east and they now truck the horses into the park in the early morning hours and return them back to their stables in Norco around 3 in the afternoon when they need Main Street clear of the streetcars so they can run the daily parade.

Agreed -- yeah, the horse did not like the ribbon at all. Whew. Still, those draft horses are majestic creatures and little wonder as to why Budweiser (and others) adopted them as mascots.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 12:50:36 PM »
Gotta handle it to the handlers.  That could have gone sideways quick.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 04:15:10 PM »
The guy following the horse with the blue container was definately keeping social distancing!! :-) :-) :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!