Author Topic: Kazakh President Issues Shoot-to-Kill Order to Quell Protests  (Read 421 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Kazakh President Issues Shoot-to-Kill Order to Quell Protests
« on: January 07, 2022, 06:39:04 PM »
Kazakh President Issues Shoot-to-Kill Order to Quell Protests
https://www.voanews.com/a/kazakh-president-issues-shoot-to-kill-order-to-quell-protests/6386655.html

Kazakhstan President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev issued a shoot-to-kill order Friday for security forces dealing with protesters following a week of unrest in the Central Asian country.

In a televised national address, the president said, "Terrorists continue to damage state and private property and use weapons against civilians. I have given the order to law enforcement to shoot to kill without warning."

In the address, Tokayev dismissed international calls for his government to negotiate with the protesters—which he continues to claim, without evidence, are trained and organized by unnamed foreign entities.

“What nonsense,” he said. “What kind of negotiations can there be with criminals, with murderers?”

It is getting hair in Kazakhstan. Energy prices are high.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Mr Mannn

Re: Kazakh President Issues Shoot-to-Kill Order to Quell Protests
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 06:57:26 PM »
We should have done this with the 2020 riots. Our failure to do so means the fringe Left are making decisions in the white house now.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 07:12:50 PM »
We should have done this with the 2020 riots. Our failure to do so means the fringe Left are making decisions in the white house now.
yep
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 07:25:11 PM »
“What nonsense,” he said. “What kind of negotiations can there be with criminals, with murderers?”

I don't know. Ask the American politicians who think we should negotiate with and give concessions to people like the Iranian government.