Author Topic: Stories & Opinions Worth Knowing but Maybe Not Quite Threadworthy 8/7  (Read 386 times)

Offline SVPete

Gun-Grabbing Dems Want 1000% Tax on AR-15s

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/catherinesalgado/2023/08/06/gun-grabbing-dems-want-1000-tax-on-ar-15s-n1716721

The Founding Fathers warned against would-be tyrants seeking to attack the right to keep and bear arms. As usual, the Democrats are aiming to fulfill the Founding Fathers’ warnings. House Democrats have introduced legislation to impose an outrageous 1000% tax on supposed “assault weapons.”

The legislation, introduced Friday, according to Breitbart, proposes the tax for AR-15s and other so-called “assault weapons” along with “high capacity” magazines. This is the latest move of Democrats’ hysterical anti-Second Amendment gun control campaign.

This would be patently unconstitutional and probably has less than 0% chance of passing, but Dem gun-grabbers gotta grab and virtue-signal.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

Re: Stories & Opinions Worth Knowing but Maybe Not Quite Threadworthy 8/7
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 04:52:15 PM »
Oberlin College Sues Insurers For Refusing To Cover $36 Million It Paid Gibson’s Bakery For Defamation And Other Torts (Update)

https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/08/oberlin-college-sues-insurers-for-refusing-to-cover-36-million-it-paid-gibsons-bakery-for-defamation-and-other-torts/

After a six year struggle, in December 2022 Gibson’s Bakery finally was paid by Oberlin College a total of $36 million, representing a judgment of approximately $32 million plus post judgment interest. We covered the payment on December 11, 2022, Finally, The Gibson’s Bakery Family Has Been Paid By Oberlin College.
And so it has come to pass. I was alerted by a Legal Insurrection reader to a story in the local Chronicle-Telegram, Oberlin College sues 4 insurance companies over Gibsons Bakery settlement:

Oberlin College has sued four of its insurance providers in Lorain County Common Pleas Court to force them to cover the multimillion-dollar judgment that Gibson’s Bakery won against the college in 2019.

The college filed suit in April against Lexington Insurance Company of New York; United Educators Insurance of Bethesda, Maryland; Mount Hawley Insurance Company of Peoria, Illinois; and StarStone Specialty Insurance Company of Cincinnati.

I'm not sure it is legal for the insurance companies to pay for tort lawsuit judgments.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 05:57:58 PM »
Bill Maher asks Riley Gaines how big William "Lia" Thomas' penis is

HBO host and comedian Bill Maher asked women’s sports activist Riley Gaines point-blank for details about transgender swimmer Lia Thomas’ genitals.

Gaines said she and fellow competitors were forced to share a locker room with Thomas, a man who identifies as a woman, during the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) championship in March 2022. She emotionally testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee in June about the “traumatizing” experience of Thomas exposing his genitals in front of the women.

“How big is her cock?” Maher asked Gaines point-blank. “You’ve seen her cock, right?”

“We all did,” Gaines replied.

“Well I don’t want to see it. I just want to hear it described,” he said.

Maher tried correcting Gaines when she referred to Thomas as a six-foot four inch male by saying he is a “transgender woman.” Gaines then pushed back against Maher labeling Thomas as a “transgender woman” and “living life as a woman.”

“I’ll be frank here. I don’t use she/her pronouns when referring to Thomas and I call it a male. I think even using the term ‘trans woman’ is giving Thomas some of our language as women and I think trans woman is a subset of male, I do not believe that trans women are women. So I’m saying that upfront, on the record,” Gaines said.

Maher said he is on the same page, but argued many do suffer from gender dysphoria and want to be the opposite sex from which they were born. He agreed with Gaines that being a “transgender woman” is not the same as being a female and argued many women’s rights are in jeopardy.

“I forget what the original question was, but I think it was describe that cock!” he said.

“I was trying to run away from this question. Okay, a six-foot four male, use your imagination,” Gaines said.

“But that does not mean big cock. Cock size is not ever, usually, I know from women who … I know from girls who have dated seven footers. The seven footer sometimes has a very small penis. Just because this person is 6’4, doesn’t mean they’ve got a great big johnson,” Maher said.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/08/07/bill-maher-riley-gaines-lia-thomas-genitals/
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 08:55:37 PM »
Sikh Man Who Turned the Tables on Shoplifter Facing Criminal Charges
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/08/06/sikh-man-who-turned-the-tables-on-shoplifter-facing-criminal-charges-n788588

As RedState reported, a Sikh convenience store owner turned the tables on a shoplifter as he attempted to get away with thousands of dollars of stolen merchandise.

The viral scene unfolded in California, showing a man shoveling entire shelves worth of tobacco and other products into a trash can while taunting the owner with proclamations that “there’s nothing you can do.” The shoplifter quickly learned that wasn’t true, though, as he was tackled to the ground and beaten with a rod.

Sikh grocery store owner was told that "there ain't nothing you can do" repeatedly and that "ayy, just let him go" as they were being robbed. The Sikhs disagreed. pic.twitter.com/ZIb5CVLMNl

— Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) August 2, 2023

Apparently, while many California cities have no desire to actually enforce the laws against people who steal from business owners and put them in financial peril, they are interested in enforcing battery laws involving the protection of said businesses. According to a new report, the Sikh man is now facing criminal charges as local police investigate the incident.

No wonder why California is on the way out. Crime is up a lot.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 09:35:44 PM »
Mother of Marine Slain During Afghanistan Withdrawal Shares Heart-Wrenching Story of What Joe Biden Told Her
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/08/07/mother-of-marine-slain-during-afghanistan-withdrawal-shares-heart-wrenching-story-of-what-joe-biden-told-her-n789058

As RedState’s Jennifer Van Laar reported on Monday, Gold Star families gathered in Escondido, CA to share their stories as we near the anniversary of the disastrous and completely preventable Afghanistan evacuation.

Christy Shamblin, representing the family of Seargent Nicole Gee, who was famously photographed saving a baby hours before a suicide bomber took her life, spoke forcefully about what she and others had endured.

Parents of U.S. service members killed in a suicide bombing attack at Kabul Airport during the botched Afghanistan withdrawal spoke at a town hall in Escondido, CA on Monday morning that was hosted by Rep. Darrel Issa (R-CA). Nearly two years after the horrific attack, families haven’t received answers to many questions about the attack and there’s been no accountability for the failures that led to what Gold Star Mother Christy Shamblin calls the murder of her daughter and 11 others.

Other mothers took the stage to speak as well, including Cherly Rex, whose son Lance Corporal Dylan Merola was also killed in the suicide bombing. What followed was a heartbreaking, and sometimes infuriating tale of her interaction with President Joe Biden following the tragic events of that day.

President Joe Biden is callous.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2023, 05:20:21 AM »
Mother of Marine Slain During Afghanistan Withdrawal Shares Heart-Wrenching Story of What Joe Biden Told Her
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/08/07/mother-of-marine-slain-during-afghanistan-withdrawal-shares-heart-wrenching-story-of-what-joe-biden-told-her-n789058

President Joe Biden is callous.

He's a self-serving, scum-sucking, bottom-dwelling idiot. At least scum is of biological origin. SharterJoe isn't.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2023, 06:45:36 AM »
I hope oberlin has to pay out of their own pockets. They deserve to suffer like they made the business owners.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2023, 07:00:41 AM »
Sikh Man Who Turned the Tables on Shoplifter Facing Criminal Charges
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/08/06/sikh-man-who-turned-the-tables-on-shoplifter-facing-criminal-charges-n788588

No wonder why California is on the way out. Crime is up a lot.

The law is inside-out, the world is upside-down.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2023, 08:29:54 AM »
Oberlin College Sues Insurers For Refusing To Cover $36 Million It Paid Gibson’s Bakery For Defamation And Other Torts (Update)

https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/08/oberlin-college-sues-insurers-for-refusing-to-cover-36-million-it-paid-gibsons-bakery-for-defamation-and-other-torts/

Could this set the wheels in motion to get some good tort reform going?  The present set up is a big chunk of our (and various service providers) insurance costs.  Make the laws more reasonable, logically, some of those costs should come down. 

Doubtful, too many politicians across the spectrum and their donors are lawyers who live off big tort lawsuits. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2023, 09:30:56 AM »
“How big is her cock?” Maher asked Gaines point-blank. “You’ve seen her cock, right

I always thought mahr was an asshole but now I revise that and relabeled him as a disgusting pig. I can’t believe he could be that rude and crude to a decent woman who is just looking to make a point and save women’s sports.  :argh:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!