Author Topic: TV Icon Mary Tyler Moore Dead At 80  (Read 1141 times)

Offline mrclose

TV Icon Mary Tyler Moore Dead At 80
« on: January 25, 2017, 01:54:54 PM »
I really loved the lady!
My prayers go out to her family.  :(

TV icon Mary Tyler Moore died on Wednesday after being hospitalized in Connecticut, her rep confirmed to The Huffington Post. She was 80.

“Today, beloved icon, Mary Tyler Moore, passed away at the age of 80 in the company of friends and her loving husband of over 33 years, Dr. S. Robert Levine. A groundbreaking actress, producer, and passionate advocate for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Mary will be remembered as a fearless visionary who turned the world on with her smile,” her rep Mara Buxbaum told The Huffington Post in a statement.

Moore, who was born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1936 and grew up in Los Angeles, rose to international fame starring on the 1960s sitcom “The Dick Van Dyke Show.” She later starred on the beloved 1970s sitcom “The Mary Tyler Moore Show,” which is considered to be the first show with a never-married, working woman as its central character. Moore played single, 30-year-old TV news producer Mary Richards.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mary-tyler-moore-dead-dies_us_5668663ae4b0f290e52179bd?
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: TV Icon Mary Tyler Moore Dead At 80
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 02:37:31 PM »
Turned the world on with her smile.

RIP, Mary.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 02:38:53 PM »
Same here.  A big loss.  Shep Smith just said that her production company, that she ran with her husband, was responsible for Hill Street Blues, among other big shows.  Trace Gallagher just restated that fact.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 02:56:00 PM »
The Dick Van Dyke show reruns were shown like so many of the other classic early comedies when I was a kid. :(